Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:12:36 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699105 times)
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #3100 on: July 29, 2010, 05:55:53 PM »

It is, and I'm surprised no one (including me) noticed until now, because as far as I can tell it's been this way since around the time when Detectives were introduced.

Yeah for the longest time I thought that it was custom sever related. Until you added the feature that shows the server does not have custom weapons.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3101 on: July 29, 2010, 08:16:26 PM »

It's possible, but there are so many different setups for traps on maps, that unless there was a good system made, he would have to code it differently for every map.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #3102 on: July 29, 2010, 09:19:04 PM »

TTT now ships with Gmod. Congratulations BKU!

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #3103 on: July 29, 2010, 09:33:44 PM »

Hey, is there a way to add a value to ClassHint without overwriting cl_targetid.lua?

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #3104 on: July 29, 2010, 09:37:05 PM »

TTT now ships with Gmod. Congratulations BKU!

I just saw this, is this the latest version or v2, the one he gave garry awhile back?

www.dnr-gaming.com
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #3105 on: July 29, 2010, 09:56:28 PM »

I'm just wondering, does the ttt files need added as usual, or do they update with every gmod update?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3106 on: July 29, 2010, 10:11:37 PM »

The version shipping is v2. I had not updated the gmod svn to v3 or later versions because they featured some experimental-ish magneto stick changes and other stuff needing testing. Once v5 or perhaps v6 proves relatively problem-free, I'll update the gmod version to it.

Gmod updates are shipped without any warning to me (I literally read it here first), so I don't think I'll be planning some sort of release schedule. Basically the goal is to keep the gmod svn version at the most recent "stable" version of TTT: perhaps lacking some newer additions but also confirmed to be without any major bugs.

Hey, is there a way to add a value to ClassHint without overwriting cl_targetid.lua?

Not currently. What's your intended goal?

I will most likely move the hints to a field on the SENT itself where possible, leaving the ClassHint table for non-scripted ents. I could add a function for adding/overriding a hint if that's useful.

I feel like I asked this a long time ago, but is it possible to find a way to tie trigger_hurts to an activating player? That way you can optionally credit some circumstantial trap killings to the traitor who activates them. Would be nice for maps where some actions can kill a whole server, if for the sole reason of knowing who caused it.

The trigger_hurt entity is hardcoded to deal damage with itself as the attacker.

I would have to add a replacement for that entity, and mappers would then have to both discover and use it, and it would have to fit their trap design (you'd need the player !activator to chain all the way through)... I'm just not sure there's enough return on investment here.

I'm just wondering, does the ttt files need added as usual, or do they update with every gmod update?

I have no idea if the update process overwrites your current files or what. It's late here so I'm not going to check, but I think we'll find out soon enough. If I were guessing I'd say the update will replace a server's TTT files with the v2 included in gmod, so you'd have to reinstall v5.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #3107 on: July 29, 2010, 10:13:49 PM »

After I just updated TTT, I then updated gmod (unknowing it would add TTT in the update) and now ttt_version is reporting v2. Seems it overwrites unless I'm missing something. Oh well, time to update again.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #3108 on: July 29, 2010, 10:21:20 PM »

I will most likely move the hints to a field on the SENT itself where possible, leaving the ClassHint table for non-scripted ents. I could add a function for adding/overriding a hint if that's useful.
The trigger_hurt entity is hardcoded to deal damage with itself as the attacker.

I just had a thought when it comes to at least reporting (as the work required to attribute kills via traps is silly). Instead of having the kill trigger do anything, what about the actual causing? Like if a person presses use on a button that happens to nuke everyone, at the end of the round the name is revealed? Not sure if that sort of thing can be caught by the server easily or not. Might be just as complicated and not worth it as a custom hurt trigger.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #3109 on: July 29, 2010, 10:24:52 PM »

Yeah, when we updated gmod on our server it downgraded from v5 to v2, so it does overwrite the TTT files. Not a big deal though.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3110 on: July 29, 2010, 10:28:54 PM »

Not a single server that doesn't suck. Makes me wanna put my server back up just to play this fucking game.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #3111 on: July 29, 2010, 10:31:21 PM »

Not a single server that doesn't suck. Makes me wanna put my server back up just to play this fucking game.

Do eet!

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #3112 on: July 29, 2010, 10:32:15 PM »

Yeah I can agree with you, a huge influx of idiots started playing when the fretta contest was won (not that I wish BKU hadn't won), the key is to play late at night when most people are asleep.

Also, do it. I'd play.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3113 on: July 29, 2010, 10:34:11 PM »

So with the recent update we are officially on v2 correct, not v5?
And maybe i missed this before but i dont think i did. The DNA evidence panel thing on a body now has a different background, so that makes me think that we are on the new version, i have no idea.

And with the new version(or old whatever) i got this error:
lua\includes\modules\draw.lua:195: attempt to index local 'color' (a nil value)
It didnt happen the first map on borders, but then we switched to district and it started.
It spams in the console non stop.

And there is a label that says Label in the top left corner of the screen. Im restarting to see if it fixes it.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #3114 on: July 29, 2010, 10:35:30 PM »

Not currently. What's your intended goal?

I was experimenting to see how hard a pain station would be to make. Turns out that it's obvious to tell the difference because of the hud hint.

JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3115 on: July 29, 2010, 11:00:44 PM »

Someone else also got Darkest's problem.

Also, was this meant to not be invisible anymore?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy1bvsdQZBQ
The green bugbait when you magneto-stick things.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #3116 on: July 29, 2010, 11:07:38 PM »

I like it, it looks like that's how the stick works.

Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3117 on: July 29, 2010, 11:29:23 PM »

He said he added a little effect to the magneto stick, I don't know if that's it.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #3118 on: July 29, 2010, 11:31:25 PM »

He said he added a little effect to the magneto stick, I don't know if that's it.

It most definitely is

JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #3119 on: July 30, 2010, 01:22:02 AM »

There is an odd bug in the Version 5 TTT. It is not consistent but on some maps players will spawn not at spawn points, but at whatever location they happen to be at during spectator. So in theory you could be looking down from a nice view *cough* on Canyon and when the round starts you are spawned in the air and fall to your death.

I have personally only seen this on ttt_camel, but heard reports that it happened on other maps as well but seemingly at random.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length