Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:24:49 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699761 times)
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #2760 on: May 18, 2010, 10:13:04 PM »

Feature: Button in menu to prefer not to be Detective.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #2761 on: May 18, 2010, 10:23:15 PM »

Feature: Button in menu to prefer not to be Innocent.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #2762 on: May 18, 2010, 10:54:27 PM »

Feature: Button in menu to prefer not to be Detective.
Sounds fairly reasonable, but I'd be wary of how to implement it. Players selecting this option might believe that they're also increasing their chances of becoming Traitor if they eliminate the possibility of ever being Detective.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2763 on: May 18, 2010, 11:14:54 PM »

It could warn you that you lower your chances of being a traitor as well.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #2764 on: May 19, 2010, 01:47:29 AM »

I don't like being detective. Unlike traitor, it is a more optional aspect of TTT as a whole. I think it's reasonable to opt out, maybe by playing with the numbers/odds it would even it so you would have the same shot at traitor without the option.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #2765 on: May 19, 2010, 01:53:21 AM »

Bug: First slide of the tutorial F1 menu. Sentence should read;

"A small group of Traitors are randomly picked."
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #2766 on: May 19, 2010, 01:54:45 AM »

Logged into TTT today for the first time in a week or two, my deagle was held on the left side of the screen and fired shotgun shots on right click, and turned into a pistol on left click. It was listed as "scripted weapon" in the weapons menu. Later, after buying C4 I noticed it was invisible and I was unable to arm it or interact with it after dropping it.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #2767 on: May 19, 2010, 01:55:16 AM »

Bug: First slide of the tutorial F1 menu. Sentence should read;

"A small group of Traitors are randomly picked."

group is the subject
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #2768 on: May 19, 2010, 02:02:56 AM »

I don't like special unicorns.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2769 on: May 19, 2010, 02:42:02 AM »

This might just be me, but I'm starting to not like the fact that the Detective is the only one who can do detective work effectively. Since most people either hate being detective or get killed early on in the round or both, the innocents' ability to utilize the detective mechanics is hampered and inconsistent. One round the detective will get stabbed immediately, the next he'll use his DNA scanner to pinpoint a traitor, and next he'll waste his credit on beacons and start killing for very little reason.

While I do enjoy the whole high value target aspect of the game, I don't enjoy not being able to trace a C4 I disarmed or identify a sea of bodies floating out of arms reach because some idiot decided to buy a health station to replace the 12 health he lost jumping from a slightly-higher-than-average window.

Anyone else feel the same way?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #2770 on: May 19, 2010, 02:50:09 AM »

Detectives can still be turned off. What if on the off switch without detectives any innocents can collect credits off traitor bodies and buy the detective gear currently available?

Make the menu not openable until you have a credit so it won't confuse anyone more than it has to. Could give traitors a good place to hang around, other traitor bodies, to wait for more prey.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #2771 on: May 19, 2010, 03:57:01 AM »

Anyone else feel the same way?
No, certainly not.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #2772 on: May 19, 2010, 06:33:08 AM »

Mabye the Detectives can pass on the whole "Being a detective" thing to someone else. But to stop this being used on eveyone to suss out a Traitor, mabye he has to buy some sort of "kit" with a credit, which can be used on innocents to make them detectives.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2773 on: May 19, 2010, 07:16:44 AM »

Sometimes I feel like you're complaining about everything Ajunk, and it makes me not want to listen.

Just saying.

Logged into TTT today for the first time in a week or two, my deagle was held on the left side of the screen and fired shotgun shots on right click, and turned into a pistol on left click. It was listed as "scripted weapon" in the weapons menu. Later, after buying C4 I noticed it was invisible and I was unable to arm it or interact with it after dropping it.

Clear your garrysmod/cache/ or something and play on a different server, I dunno. It sounds like it didn't download any of the script files, or maybe scriptenforcer blocked them all.

The problem with gmod is that it is such a huge stack of interacting systems all causing issues that I can do nothing about.

link=topic=9124.msg376791#msg376791 date=1274250788]
Mabye the Detectives can pass on the whole "Being a detective" thing to someone else. But to stop this being used on eveyone to suss out a Traitor, mabye he has to buy some sort of "kit" with a credit, which can be used on innocents to make them detectives.

Detective uses kit on Traitor. Universe ends.

Note that detectives can already do stuff like buy a DNA scanner and just give it to an innocent they trust.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:23:55 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2774 on: May 19, 2010, 07:59:06 AM »

Sometimes I feel like you're complaining about everything Ajunk, and it makes me not want to listen.

You know, I really don't want to come off that way. It's just, whenever I'm playing in a server and I notice something I or someone else doesn't particularly like, I ask everyone what they think. If a get a response not akin to "you're retarded", I jot it down and post about it later. Obviously no game is going to flawlessly entertain every facet of a person's being, so I suppose I am literally complaining about everyone. Whatever, I'll stop. You won't have to hear from me again.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #2775 on: May 19, 2010, 09:17:49 AM »

I had a dream, TTT came second.
I'm betting second!

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #2776 on: May 19, 2010, 10:25:30 AM »

Detective uses kit on Traitor. Universe ends.

Perhaps it could give the Traitor a credit and/or give that Traitor access to Detective items?
Note that all converted Detectives would be seen as Deputized (or similar) to compensate for any "Traitor Detective" possibility.

Signature Pending...
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #2777 on: May 19, 2010, 11:49:45 AM »

That's a no on Prefer not to be Detective?
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #2778 on: May 19, 2010, 11:54:41 AM »

I personally find that I do my best detective work when NOT the actual detective. I'm too much of a target when I am. However, when I am not a traitor I just pay attention to things. I keep an eye out for unusual behavior from regulars, or obvious lies from new people. I try to do my best having a mental map of who was near who the last I was aware. I try to actually remember when people say they are with someone.

Anyone who has played with me a few times knows I have bad days where I am wrong 50% of the time, but also that I have my days where I am right 99% of the time, and really piss the traitors off that I find them out so well.

Long story short. Not being the official detective does not exclude a player from being able to logically work out who the traitors are.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #2779 on: May 19, 2010, 12:00:06 PM »

Undercover detective mode?

I haven't considered all the consequences, but I would try it. I could imagine the detective could be able to click on the person's name in the scoreboard and have a private chat. That could even be a tool they have to buy. I'm sorry if it sounds stupid or is impossible, I want to help improve TTT.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length