Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:53:35 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700332 times)
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2020 on: January 07, 2010, 07:35:23 PM »

Whenever i press the shift button, which is my traitor talk button, it shows up green the majority of the time for me. I think that was on the newest update.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2021 on: January 07, 2010, 08:39:01 PM »

You can verify what version a server is running using the console command "ttt_version", or by checking the chat announcement at the start of a round (where it says "You are playing [..] vXXXXXX"). Perhaps you could write down the version somewhere next time you encounter the issue.

Has anyone else encountered this?
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #2022 on: January 08, 2010, 01:45:24 AM »

Someone made a comment on the DNR server that they spawned with a Magneto stick, which they couldn't drop, that had ammo and took their primary weapon slot. I'm assuming the thing didn't do anything, though.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2023 on: January 08, 2010, 08:01:35 AM »

Sounds like a random glitch or something, never heard of it happening.
lynx
Poster

[VD-Owner]

« Reply #2024 on: January 08, 2010, 09:00:45 AM »

A few suggestions:
1. At round end have the scoreboard show everyone the full scoreboard of MIA/Dead etc. (when tab is pressed)
2. Have a new feature operated on convar, ttt_round_end_type or something, where you can specify whether the round ends when the last traitor is killed, or when all the traitors are found dead instead of the instant the last one is killed.

And I have noticed that running any ttt_print_* or ttt_force_* command in client console does not work even when super admin (ULX)/owner (ASS_Mod)

In relation to the ttt_force_traitor, I edited it to work for me by changing the initial if command, and when it is ran, the traitors appear to everyone in the scoreboard
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 09:13:27 AM by lynx »

Venatus Defero Owner
Pulsar Effect Admin
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2025 on: January 08, 2010, 09:18:57 AM »

1. At round end have the scoreboard show everyone the full scoreboard of MIA/Dead etc.

Sure.

edit: Wait, this already happens. When a round is over living innocents can see who is missing, and spectators (dead innocents) and traitors always see it.

2. Have a new feature operated on convar, ttt_round_end_type or something, where you can specify whether the round ends when the last traitor is killed, or when all the traitors are found dead instead of the instant the last one is killed.

What if a traitor's corpse is in an unreachable place?

And I have noticed that running any ttt_print_* or ttt_force_* command in client console does not work even when super admin (ULX)/owner (ASS_Mod)

You need to be in GMod's superadmin player group. This explains how to set them up, and you can use the command ttt_print_usergroups to print every player's group.

Another thing I just realized is that they might be working but not ending up in the client's console (but in the server's). I'll check that and fix it if necessary. So far server admins have used RCON for these commands so it hasn't come up.
edit: This was indeed the case, fixed for next version.

In relation to the ttt_force_traitor, I edited it to work for me by changing the initial if command, and when it is ran, the traitors appear to everyone in the scoreboard

That is a testing command for use by mappers and myself during development. I do not support its use anywhere else.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 10:29:14 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #2026 on: January 08, 2010, 12:27:35 PM »

One question about the AFK system: When the AFK player is moved to the spectator team, is there any indication in the scoreboard of whether or not he was a traitor? I hear some admins prefer to kill AFK players as it allows them to see the person's traitor status, whereas if the system automatically switches them to spectator, the players will never know since there's no body to examine.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:29:10 PM by Marphy Black »

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #2027 on: January 08, 2010, 01:21:18 PM »

One question about the AFK system: When the AFK player is moved to the spectator team, is there any indication in the scoreboard of whether or not he was a traitor? I hear some admins prefer to kill AFK players as it allows them to see the person's traitor status, whereas if the system automatically switches them to spectator, the players will never know since there's no body to examine.

There is an automated messege that screams they have been moved to the spectator slot for this reason.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

« Reply #2028 on: January 08, 2010, 01:31:35 PM »

I don't think you managed to comprehend the meaning of my message.

Wait, scratch that: I know you didn't manage it.

"You are what I eat,
"
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #2029 on: January 08, 2010, 02:44:57 PM »

I don't think you managed to comprehend the meaning of my message.

Wait, scratch that: I know you didn't manage it.

No I understand what you wanted to have said to you,and I said what I said in the hopes that you would understand that you can simply mark someone as missing once the automated messege is seen failing any other indication on the scoreboard.

However, IIRC, you see all player on the spectator team anyway with no effort on your part. Is that perhaps an answer closer to what you wanted to hear?

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

« Reply #2030 on: January 08, 2010, 03:04:33 PM »

idiocy
You are an idiot. I will pointlessly reiterate my message even though I know you will fail to comprehend it because you are an idiot:

Innocents are more inclined to kill AFK players rather than let the AFK system switch said AFK players to the spectator team because the spectator team switch doesn't leave behind a body. Hence, the innocents have no idea if said AFK player was a traitor or not. If they just randomly kill the AFK player, they can examine the body and properly determine said AFK player's traitor status. Thus, it is to the innocents' advantage to RDM anyone they suspect of being AFK since they'll be able to find out if there's one less evildoer among them. Such mentality undermines the purpose of the AFK system automatically and cleanly moving AFK people out of the playing field.

"You are what I eat,
"
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2031 on: January 08, 2010, 03:05:54 PM »

I think a good solution would be to automatically kill the AFK player right before moving him to spec, which is easy to add.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2032 on: January 08, 2010, 03:54:01 PM »

Has anyone else encountered this?

I asked the entire server and one or 2 people said yes in text. The others with mics were like, so you must be a traitor, and i never really got a straight answer because nobody listens...

I forgot to check the version but i figured its v020110. Because the Pistol/M16 ammo doesnt show up as that, but the radio can make c4 sounds.

It still happened in that version and the newer version says nothing about changing that. But still a majority of the time when i press traitor chat my mic turns up green and talks to all.

Has anyone else here had this problem???
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #2033 on: January 08, 2010, 04:41:49 PM »

But still a majority of the time when i press traitor chat my mic turns up green and talks to all.

This happens quite a lot, and when it does turn green, everyone is able to hear you, this wasn't the case in older versions but seems to be the case now.
I've tested this a few times, and every time it was green they could hear me. So I always double check if its red now, but it can be quite suspicious if you switch on/off/on/off/on/off in the hopes it turns red.

Edit*

That reminds me, spectators are able to climb on a ladder. Spectators will also be targeted by npc's, not that this is an issue atm but it would break some entity work I got in mind that involves npc's for the movement.

Also it's been asked before, showing the name of the person who is inside a vehicle would be most useful. There's only one map so far that has a vehicle but it works pretty decent overall. Also if you are in a vehicle and buy a traitor item, you won't get it.
I suggest not being able to buy anything if inside a vehicle.

I understand that the demand for these additions is pretty small but I'd love to see them. Specially npc's targeting spectators.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 04:51:06 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2034 on: January 08, 2010, 05:56:58 PM »

Yea ive noticed the npcs targeting specs on enclave but never thought anything of it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2035 on: January 08, 2010, 06:29:57 PM »

I'll look into the indicator thing, hopefully I'll be able to reproduce it.

That reminds me, spectators are able to climb on a ladder. Spectators will also be targeted by npc's, not that this is an issue atm but it would break some entity work I got in mind that involves npc's for the movement.

Also it's been asked before, showing the name of the person who is inside a vehicle would be most useful. There's only one map so far that has a vehicle but it works pretty decent overall. Also if you are in a vehicle and buy a traitor item, you won't get it.
I suggest not being able to buy anything if inside a vehicle.

I understand that the demand for these additions is pretty small but I'd love to see them. Specially npc's targeting spectators.

Most of these things have come up before, and the reason they're not in yet is that despite being minor things, they would take a comparatively large amount of effort.

- RE: Spectators on ladders, I consider it a gmod bug. A noclip-style spectator shouldn't be able to climb a ladder. It's a well known Source engine thing that we had to fix in ZM as well if I recall correctly. I can theoretically hack up something that "fixes" it, but it could have a performance impact, which I don't think is acceptable for something this minor.

- RE: NPCs hating on spectators. There is no simple toggle or something I can set on spectators to prevent this as far as I can tell. I'll at least check sandbox NPC stuff to see if there's anything of use there. If not, there might be a workaround, but it would be rather involved, so either way I'll put it on the long term list and keep an eye out for a solution.

- RE: Name on vehicle. This will actually be easy because I just found out the gmod wiki had inaccurate/outdated information about something that would've made it hard. What's the map with the vehicle? Hopefully I can get a bot to enter it so I can test.
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #2036 on: January 08, 2010, 08:16:57 PM »

There has also been some instances, and complaints, of the AFK system booting people to spectator who weren't actually AFK at all. In fact, I know of one case where this happened - The player was walking about, in fact...

FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #2037 on: January 08, 2010, 08:31:46 PM »

The map is called dm_topic_enhanced.

http://www.theicecave.net/zm/maps/dm_tropic_enhanced.bsp.bz2

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2038 on: January 08, 2010, 08:45:59 PM »

There has also been some instances, and complaints, of the AFK system booting people to spectator who weren't actually AFK at all. In fact, I know of one case where this happened - The player was walking about, in fact...

Odd. Did it print the chat message and everything?

The only way to get booted is not moving your mouse at all for the whole time. It doesn't take your position into account (because then bumping into the person would reset the timer), so I guess you could walk around without moving your view at all... but then who does that. I suppose it's possible if you're AFK for around 110 seconds and then start walking while still stuffing yourself with cookies or something with your mouse hand for another 10 secs.

Eh, I'll add an extra check on significant changes to your position.
lynx
Poster

[VD-Owner]

« Reply #2039 on: January 08, 2010, 09:15:51 PM »

Sure.

edit: Wait, this already happens. When a round is over living innocents can see who is missing, and spectators (dead innocents) and traitors always see it.

Whoops, didnt notice it was there :D

What if a traitor's corpse is in an unreachable place?

Then the round runs out of time, or their body can automatically be found after a set time (ttt_death_decay convar set to a number of minutes or something)

You need to be in GMod's superadmin player group. This explains how to set them up, and you can use the command ttt_print_usergroups to print every player's group.

Ah, I shall place myself there.  I was assuming it was basing itself on the Player():IsSuperAdmin() lua command, which both the ULX superadmin and ASS_Mod owner ranks use.

Another thing I just realized is that they might be working but not ending up in the client's console (but in the server's). I'll check that and fix it if necessary. So far server admins have used RCON for these commands so it hasn't come up.
edit: This was indeed the case, fixed for next version.

Oh, whoops.  Ignore my last statement I guess.

That is a testing command for use by mappers and myself during development. I do not support its use anywhere else.

Oh.  I guess that works.

New idea I was thinking of implementing on my own server: (which is why I was hoping to have the force commands work)
- Traitor Perk: Cryogenics (Requires 2 credits) - You have a chance of respawning again after being killed.  Only can be used when there are 3 or more traitors.
Uses convars or a math function to control the credits (math + convar, based on how many total credits one can get) and the chance (a percent through convar)

Venatus Defero Owner
Pulsar Effect Admin
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length