Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:07:29 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1698838 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2000 on: January 02, 2010, 10:34:32 PM »

What'd garry do?

It's hard to explain anything about this without getting technical. Basically, gamemodes have very few ways of doing anything concerning voicechat. I'm fairly sure Garry could do something about that. It might be planned already, who knows.

EDIT: Hey tGB, it might be time to move to 3 columns of traitor equipment in the traitor equipment menu.

It's fine as it is. You had a point when it was one column, which would have meant significant scrolling with today's items, but with two that's not really the case. At least not until there are a bunch more items, and I don't even know if that will ever happen. Of the traitor equipment ideas I have on my list at this time, I can see one or two more getting added, but that's about it.

Are there any fast bind for buttons to use the radio?

No, and I don't think they are needed. The radio is plenty useful already.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2001 on: January 03, 2010, 07:26:10 AM »

It's fine as it is. You had a point when it was one column, which would have meant significant scrolling with today's items, but with two that's not really the case. At least not until there are a bunch more items, and I don't even know if that will ever happen. Of the traitor equipment ideas I have on my list at this time, I can see one or two more getting added, but that's about it.
You know, it would make a beautiful 3x3 grid. I also feel the ability to view all your items at once is quite beneficial. That's all I have left to say on the matter.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2002 on: January 03, 2010, 10:08:57 AM »

I made a moddb profile for TTT yesterday, it's not approved yet (presumably due to the holidays). When it's up, it would be nice to have a bunch of screenshots. It's hard to get ones that represent all of TTT, so I'm hoping to just have a good amount and variety of all different aspects. I've set it so that everyone with a moddb account should be able to add images (we'll see if that works out).

So if you're playing, consider grabbing screens of TTT stuff (including menus and stuff), that you/we/I can put up after the profile gets approved. It may be useful to increase screenshot quality by setting "jpeg_quality 95" or 100 in the console.

The TTT moddb profile has been approved now.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2003 on: January 04, 2010, 11:44:19 AM »

Site up: http://ttt.badking.net/ (may need to wait for your DNS to update before it works)

I've moved the mapping guide over, and once I get a chance to make new screenshots the rearm guide is going there as well. Not entirely sure yet what I'll do with new releases, I'll probably keep the latest release thread and just post a changelog + link to release post on site.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2004 on: January 04, 2010, 12:47:32 PM »

Hey, so you know how with the C4 it's left click to drop and right click to stick to a wall? Could you do the same for the radio?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2005 on: January 04, 2010, 08:37:25 PM »

Yep, done for next version.

The rearm guide is now on the site, with updated screenshots and text for the recent updates to the tool.
Blan21
Poster

Tasteless wolf

« Reply #2006 on: January 05, 2010, 12:15:07 AM »

i'm uploading a video to the TTT video section on the MOD DB profile :D

It's just a video i aleady had on youtube that is pretty funny.

EDIT: nevermind, MOD DB's uploading system is crap!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:37:41 AM by Blan21 »
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #2007 on: January 05, 2010, 02:18:12 AM »

Yay I have been hoping to get some c4 beeps on the radio.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2008 on: January 05, 2010, 11:22:02 AM »

For anyone who cares about garry's Fretta contest: he extended the deadline to 1st of march instead of 1st of feb. This hurts TTT's chances as far as they existed in the first place, because the head start in polish it has will be reduced, and other gamemodes have more time to make their flashy custom golf ball models and art stuff. I guess I might get a well-tested karma/punishment system in before the deadline though.

i'm uploading a video to the TTT video section on the MOD DB profile :D

It's just a video i aleady had on youtube that is pretty funny.

EDIT: nevermind, MOD DB's uploading system is crap!

There seemed to be a video on there, but it looked like it was of a very old version of TTT (old scoreboard etc). I removed it because I want the videos/screens to be a reasonably good reflection of TTT as it can be played today.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #2009 on: January 05, 2010, 03:52:59 PM »

I vote that we put the Wilhelm scream into TTT as one of the death screams.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #2010 on: January 05, 2010, 07:57:01 PM »

- Added display on the C4 model, showing the time until detonation.

- Added client setting (ie. under F1) for ironsight crosshair opacity. Crosshair is now no longer black while ironsighting. Those who don't want to see it can lower opacity, while those who do want it can see it more clearly now.

Awsome.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #2011 on: January 05, 2010, 10:03:58 PM »

link=topic=9124.msg348748#msg348748 date=1262706779]
I vote that we put the Wilhelm scream into TTT as one of the death screams.

Signature Pending...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2012 on: January 05, 2010, 10:09:51 PM »

I'm not sure it's public domain (copyrights etc., being a stock sound it's still part of some stock library somewhere), and the versions I found of it were meh quality.
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #2013 on: January 06, 2010, 03:13:19 AM »

According to Archive.org, where you can download the scream in a number of high-quality formats, it has a CC Public Domain license.

Signature Pending...
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #2014 on: January 06, 2010, 03:24:40 PM »

There's a video up on the moddb page that really needs to be removed. It makes TTT look like some kind of deathmatch game which is about as far from the truth as you can get.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2015 on: January 06, 2010, 05:47:52 PM »

Video had already been removed before I got there, but I've just disabled user media uploading. We have a good batch of screenshots now, and moderating uploads is too much of a hassle.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2016 on: January 07, 2010, 03:33:50 AM »

Could you possibly just go back to the old traitor chat coding because right now its worse than ever. Sometimes i just sit there and spam the traitor chat button waiting for it to show up red.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2017 on: January 07, 2010, 08:28:18 AM »

What do you mean? Your own indicator will always be the correct colour, because there is no lag involved, so I don't see what you would be waiting for in that scenario.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #2018 on: January 07, 2010, 10:19:31 AM »

When in the tabbed mode. Is it possible to have a smaller detective menu menu appear when you hover your mouse over the names of the dead that you have identified?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2019 on: January 07, 2010, 10:25:17 AM »

That would be nice, though quite a bit of work. I'll put it on my list and look into it at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length