Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:49:55 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700086 times)
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #1960 on: December 29, 2009, 08:13:24 AM »

Noticed a small glitch, when you try to first person spectate a prop, well you do spectate it. But you also see the push o meter, does nothing however. Is this intended or just some minor error? I just press R on a prop and see it through "prop eyes" I guess.

EDIT: I just noticed you can do the same thing with corpses
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:26:30 AM by Firespray »

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1961 on: December 29, 2009, 08:45:14 AM »

I'll add a check if the target is a player for the first person mode.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1962 on: December 29, 2009, 09:49:59 PM »

Could you possibly have the traitor's c4 indicator update when innocents miss and it goes down? Because it doesnt update.
And ive gotten killed the other day distracting people around the c4, then some innocent starts to disarm it and not tell anyone. So it has like 15 seconds left and BOOM and i die by my own c4.
Chief Tiger
Poster

What.

« Reply #1963 on: December 29, 2009, 11:40:53 PM »

May I just say, this gamemode is FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC. I love playing it on my server and so do ALOT of other people. I've made a few of my own modifications, such as using a better derma skin other than the default and I also added a map vote system as well as an RDM protection system.

If you would like to add my server to the first post list of servers, here is the info:

IP: 216.245.206.155:27015
Name: Chiefeh's Trouble in Terrorist Town Server! | FastDL!

Again, thanks for the AWESOME gamemode. Everyone in my server loves it :3

Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #1964 on: December 29, 2009, 11:44:53 PM »

Good to know we've got another server, man.

But if you want a server thread, you gotta go ahead and make it yourself.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #1965 on: December 30, 2009, 12:18:20 AM »

RDM protection system.

I must ask, what exactly is this "RDM protection system"?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 01:09:03 AM by Alters »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1966 on: December 30, 2009, 12:26:58 AM »

Hey tGB, could you not deduct points from a traitor who's c4 kills another traitor. It's really out of their hands and, especially with the c4 icon, really not their fault.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #1967 on: December 30, 2009, 02:38:42 AM »

So how many TTT servers are there now? When I counted last weekend there were like 14. I love how fast this gamemode has grown.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Chief Tiger
Poster

What.

« Reply #1968 on: December 30, 2009, 02:48:32 AM »

I must ask, what exactly is this "RDM protection system"?

Well, basically, if someone is innocent, and they kill 2 or more innocents, the last innocent they kill has the option to ban them for 5 minutes.

I'm still working out kinks, like if a player is attempting to RDM another player and ends up failing, then they get the option to ban THAT player because they already had 1 innnocent kill, which is totally BS. I'm working on it still, but I've got the basics done.

This system was based off of Halo's TK boot system, where if you TK too much you can get booted by the last person you TK.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1969 on: December 30, 2009, 02:54:30 AM »

The problem is, what if an innocent is tricked into killing a whole bunch of people. I do that... well I used to do that back when people actually trusted me.

Anyways, is it 3 people within the same round or 3 people total? Assuming the former, it does kind of send the message "it's ok to kill 2 innocents" or something.

EDIT: Just curious, how popular is ttt within the scope of gmod? I just use my favorite servers and never bother looking at anything else.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 02:55:41 AM by Ajunk »

Chief Tiger
Poster

What.

« Reply #1970 on: December 30, 2009, 03:00:40 AM »

The problem is, what if an innocent is tricked into killing a whole bunch of people. I do that... well I used to do that back when people actually trusted me.

Don't get tricked ;) I always wait for solid evidence before I shoot at someone as an innocent.

Anyways, is it 3 people within the same round or 3 people total? Assuming the former, it does kind of send the message "it's ok to kill 2 innocents" or something.

It's only 2, and it's per round. So if you kill 1 innocent, then you don't get banned. But if you kill 2 then every person you kill after the second one (including the second one) has the option to ban you for 5 minutes (if the second person you kill presses no, that is).

EDIT: Just curious, how popular is ttt within the scope of gmod? I just use my favorite servers and never bother looking at anything else.

Me too, my favorite being mine :3

JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1971 on: December 30, 2009, 03:07:34 AM »

As of writing this there are:

1686 Gmod servers

19 TTT Servers
7 Populated TTT Servers
103 TTT Players

Wow...

TTT is currently the second most popular mod based on player count, being beaten by DarkRP.
TTT is currently third most popular based on servers with DarkRP and SB3 (which is at 9).

Some gamemodes do allow up to 40 players so there could be another mod which outranks TTT with 3 full servers, but just by looking briefly it seems TTT has made quite a splash.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #1972 on: December 30, 2009, 05:03:10 AM »

it was made by tGB, he makes awesome things

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1973 on: December 30, 2009, 08:08:08 AM »

May I just say, this gamemode is FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC. I love playing it on my server and so do ALOT of other people. I've made a few of my own modifications, such as using a better derma skin other than the default and I also added a map vote system as well as an RDM protection system.

If you would like to add my server to the first post list of servers, here is the info:

Thanks, and added to the list.

Hey tGB, could you not deduct points from a traitor who's c4 kills another traitor. It's really out of their hands and, especially with the c4 icon, really not their fault.

True, I'll see what I can do.

Just curious, how popular is ttt within the scope of gmod? I just use my favorite servers and never bother looking at anything else.

I don't think it's found its way into the facepunch hivemind yet, for one. I try to keep tabs on all places where TTT is discussed in case there are useful comments that don't find their way here.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1974 on: December 30, 2009, 08:11:55 AM »

TTT development does operate in a pretty obscure place.

EDIT: New board, eh? That was fast.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 08:23:14 AM by Ajunk »

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1975 on: December 30, 2009, 10:22:37 AM »

I just moved it, two clicks.

Anyway, last release for '09 is up, barring urgent bugs.

Something about the radio that I think will come up, so I might as well address it now: The radio control could easily be made more extensive, with sound delay sliders and dropdown boxes with large selections of sounds. I decided not to do this to avoid unnecessary complexity that makes it hard to learn and hard to use in a practical setting. Instead I've put a bunch of buttons for the most useful sounds in there that just do the right thing with regards to delays, bursts, etc. The downside is that you cannot perform your Alyx/Barney slashfic radio play in the game.
Chief Tiger
Poster

What.

« Reply #1976 on: December 30, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »

I'm going to wait until a major update before I update past the "BKU is dumb" update. True, there are bugs and things not explained, but I don't feel like comparing code for hours to update it.

Oh the consequences of good editing :P

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1977 on: December 30, 2009, 05:35:08 PM »

I was expecting issues there considering my updating schedule. I don't necessarily do major updates as such, though I suppose you could just take a few normal updates and call it a single big one.

One way to merge updates relatively painlessly is an automated three-way merge, using the version that your edit is based on (v201209b I suppose) as what wikipedia calls the "parent". By comparing your changes to v201209b with my changes since that version, things can be merged automatically for the most part. I don't want to get into specifics here, just putting the concept out there because I wish I had known about it back when we manually merged entire Source SDK updates for Zombie Master.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #1978 on: December 30, 2009, 07:16:27 PM »

I feel the sound of a burning body and the c4 beeping noise would be great additions to the radio.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1979 on: December 30, 2009, 08:11:51 PM »

I'd love to frame people by placing the radio near someone with say a mac10, have the gunshots go off, a scream, then the burning body noise. Try to explain that one away =p

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length