Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:00:18 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700842 times)
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #1880 on: December 18, 2009, 10:32:59 PM »

As a just in case you might want to make the tool beable to spawn vehicles, too, for certain maps.
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #1881 on: December 18, 2009, 10:40:18 PM »

I don't know exactly if this is the problem, but it appears the prop spectator controller thing-a-ma-jig you can't possess prop_physics_multiplayer or prop_physics_override. Either that or it's something else to do with the maps because I've seen that on many HL2:DM maps it is impossible to possess props. I assumed the problem may be due to TTT specifically allowing prop_physics to be controlled and not the prop_physics_multiplayers that are commonly used on maps like these. If this has been fixed or something, please disregard the post, I haven't played TTT in a little while and maybe it isn't like this anymore. Also is the ability to control prop_door_rotatings and func_buttons intentional?

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #1882 on: December 18, 2009, 10:50:16 PM »

Here is a strange glitch I came across.  A body was lit on fire by a flaregun and I ran over to the body to chase the traitor down.  In the process I pick up a shotgun the body drop, and the gun was on fire killing me.  
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1883 on: December 18, 2009, 10:56:50 PM »

Many HL2DM maps seem to set targetnames on the props, perhaps to respawn them (dm_island17 does this). Entities that have a name cannot be possessed to prevent people possessing map objectives. It's pretty much unavoidable. If you know another HL2DM map (or multiple) I could check it out, though I'm fairly sure it'd be the same deal.

There are very few criteria other than the targetname thing: the entity must be physics'd up and not motion disabled, and it may not be on the blacklist (which includes only a few things: ragdolls, weapons, items, vehicles). I'm surprised that doors/buttons fit those criteria, I'll take a look at them and blacklist them or block them in some other fashion.

I do not believe there is any difference between prop_physics and prop_physics_multiplayer in GMod. They seem to act identically from what I've seen.

Here is a strange glitch I came across.  A body was lit on fire by a flaregun and I ran over to the body to chase the traitor down.  In the process I pick up a shotgun the body drop, and the gun was on fire killing me. 

That's strange. I'm pretty sure that the traitor who ignited the body must have accidentally shot the gun as well, because to my knowledge that fire does not spread. Well, I'll make it extinguish any weapons you pick up, that can't hurt.
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #1884 on: December 18, 2009, 11:08:42 PM »

Many HL2DM maps seem to set targetnames on the props, perhaps to respawn them (dm_island17 does this). Entities that have a name cannot be possessed to prevent people possessing map objectives. It's pretty much unavoidable. If you know another HL2DM map (or multiple) I could check it out, though I'm fairly sure it'd be the same deal.

There are very few criteria other than the targetname thing: the entity must be physics'd up and not motion disabled, and it may not be on the blacklist (which includes only a few things: ragdolls, weapons, items, vehicles). I'm surprised that doors/buttons fit those criteria, I'll take a look at them and blacklist them or block them in some other fashion.

Could you maybe consider making a server variable that could allow control of named objects? I really would doubt even with full servers that moving objective items could be that significant of a problem. Or better yet make it a variable in the little map specific options entity, forgot the name off the top of my head, and have it by default on so that TTT maps like "The Thing" or what have you could disable this while standard DM maps would be good to go. Another idea might be have it identify whether the map is made specifically for ttt or has the prefix on the map name and have it only then disable named object moving.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #1885 on: December 19, 2009, 02:35:44 AM »

Here is a strange glitch I came across.  A body was lit on fire by a flaregun and I ran over to the body to chase the traitor down.  In the process I pick up a shotgun the body drop, and the gun was on fire killing me. 

Sounds like a awesome glitch.
John Mancer
Poster

Holy Jesustien Poppingcats!

« Reply #1886 on: December 19, 2009, 06:48:25 AM »

I`ve seen the same thing happen with a Poltergeist. That was funny.

[center]♥♥♥[/center]
Blan21
Poster

Tasteless wolf

« Reply #1887 on: December 19, 2009, 07:43:53 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orn-trRD82Q

lol this sucked, is it gmod or TTT that caused this wtf moment?
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1888 on: December 19, 2009, 07:52:31 AM »

Throw the knife at point blank range, it works 100% of the time. All you have to do is right click.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Blan21
Poster

Tasteless wolf

« Reply #1889 on: December 19, 2009, 07:55:38 AM »

i was in a panic of stabbing and right clicking was not in my mind at that moment.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1890 on: December 19, 2009, 08:46:33 AM »

Or better yet make it a variable in the little map specific options entity, forgot the name off the top of my head, and have it by default on so that TTT maps like "The Thing" or what have you could disable this while standard DM maps would be good to go.

This seems like a good option. It'll default named prop possession to enabled, and in the entity it will default to disabled. So HL2DM maps would always have it on, current TTT maps with the settings entity like thething will behave as they do now, and future TTT maps can decide for themselves.

I think this might have been related to the weird spot he was in. I'll tweak the knife a bit anyway.

Videos are pretty useful for this kind of thing.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1891 on: December 19, 2009, 08:49:54 AM »

This Fretta gamemode is very similar to TTT, but I'm not really worried about their spin off is more like the hidden source but you can't do jack shit.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #1892 on: December 19, 2009, 01:36:35 PM »

a href="http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=861238">This Fretta gamemode is very similar to TTT, but I'm not really worried about their spin off is more like the hidden source but you can't do jack shit.

He hasn't even made it yet, it's no issue.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1893 on: December 19, 2009, 04:29:01 PM »

Also, no social intrigue. Just "mercs vs spy"
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1894 on: December 19, 2009, 04:43:29 PM »

I mean let's be honest the concept of TTT is certainly not original. However, it is perhaps the single best implementation of the idea I've ever played and I didn't think I'd still be playing it nearly every day for like 2 months, but I am. It's fun as hell and really does keep getting better. Anyone else trying a similar idea is going to have a hell of a hard time coming close in terms of quality and fun.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #1895 on: December 19, 2009, 05:18:07 PM »

I cant remember if this was denied or not but could you make it so every player is a different terrorist skin because everyone running around as the same person is pretty lame and it would make it harder for traitors because then you could say "X is the artic skin!"

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #1896 on: December 19, 2009, 05:19:33 PM »

I'm fairly sure that was decided upon early in development, in order to prevent that very same balance change.

Signature Pending...
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #1897 on: December 19, 2009, 05:22:54 PM »

I'm fairly sure that was decided upon early in development, in order to prevent that very same balance change.

Or mabye make a way so mappers could choose what skin all the players start as so if someone is making a snow map they use the artic skin, a city you could use the civillian looking skin and etc etc.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #1898 on: December 19, 2009, 05:31:03 PM »

u>ttt_map_settings
This entity can be used to customize certain TTT gameplay aspects. It is a point entity you place in your map, and then configure some settings on that will take effect in-game. It should be straightforward as long as you have the FGD loaded, just place it and take a look.

These are the things you can currently configure:

[li]Enable/disable the crowbar forcibly unlocking doors you may have scripted to open only under specific circumstances.[/li]
    [li]Enable/disable the crowbar doing that with buttons.[/li]
    [li]Enable/disable the crowbar forcing movelinear entities to open.[/li]
    [li]Specify the player model all players will use instead of the default randomly picked one. Must be a proper path to the model, like "models/player/phoenix.mdl". You can check the garrysmod GCF for more playermodels. To use one of the other ones TTT uses by default, use the path I just gave and replace "phoenix" with "arctic", "guerilla", or "leet".[/li]

helps.
Or the Mapping Information thread.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 05:32:38 PM by AndyTheGeeky »

Signature Pending...
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #1899 on: December 19, 2009, 05:33:01 PM »

Oh, /facepalm

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length