Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:36:40 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702324 times)
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #1320 on: November 05, 2009, 03:03:12 AM »

In that vein, how about a grenade that when it goes off turns into a high-mass object that randomly flies around in a small radius around where it "exploded", pushing around any objects there (and as a side effect probably killing anyone it hits). It's a bit hard to explain how I see this. Basically what would happen if you did what worbat said, but better, faster, stronger, and with more sparkles.

So... Like, if someone waved around an invisible table at breakneck speeds? Sounds cool.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1321 on: November 05, 2009, 03:34:15 AM »

I've tested a bit with physics stuff versus barricades, and I get the impression that in order to break a decent barricade (ie. one that contains very heavy objects moved using the carry weapon trick) is practically undoable with one explosion or series of explosions (even with some physics pulling effects to try and dislodge things). When heavy stuff is piled on each other it's hard to get them moving again in Source. You need a long-term force (eg. gravity gun pull) to do so reliably.

A grenade that just disintegrates physprops in a radius around it would be way more effective, but might be too exploitable (on map objective items, etc).
I thought the point was to disorient the person inside so you'd be able to burst in without a gun trained on the entrance. As far as wrecking barricades and the people inside it go, incendiary nades are great. Sure, they don't do much to unbreakable objects, but maps don't have too many unbreakable objects that you can't either hop over or move aside.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1322 on: November 05, 2009, 05:23:19 AM »

tGB you should enter that contest. This gamemode is one of the better gmod gamemodes and since 98% of the facepunch community doesn't know about it, it will be a surprise to see a "small" gamemode be so well done, to the facepunch community anyway.

To be honest I think this would have a good chance of winning, unless I read the contest rules wrong.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1323 on: November 05, 2009, 08:00:16 AM »

It should be noted that the contest is nothing more than idea in garry's head at this point.

I thought the point was to disorient the person inside so you'd be able to burst in without a gun trained on the entrance.

I suppose so. I just don't like barricades and want them to die in as many ways as possible.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1324 on: November 05, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »

It should be noted that the contest is nothing more than idea in garry's head at this point.
I suppose so. I just don't like barricades and want them to die in as many ways as possible.

You would have a better chance at the contest if you threw together an extremely quick tutorial level to ship it with. It would have pop ups like Garry's level and would probably be like a minute long.

Just a "Traitors kill. Get equipment with C. Innocents survive. They also kill, but must do with reason."

Perhaps provide an example of general accepted and generally unaccepted killing for innocents.

Either way it'd be good for you since everyone seems to be winning money. Any surprises for a big release far off?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1325 on: November 05, 2009, 05:13:13 PM »

No particular surprises are planned. The reason I'm not updating as often is because I need to spend more programming-time on other things. Probably will be a release tomorrow with a few fixes.
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #1326 on: November 05, 2009, 05:56:03 PM »

Ambient_generic doesn't work in multiplayer in TTT. In singleplayer TTT it works as it should. On The Thing sounds are supposed to play when you go through metal detector or blow up the base.

Func_brush parented to func_tracktrain disappears in TTT but in sandbox everything is fine. I can easily parent a model to it or make func_brush a part of train though, just letting you know.

Played on Alters server, weapons loose physics properties when dropped from dead players.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 05:57:13 PM by Notary »

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1327 on: November 05, 2009, 06:20:22 PM »

Ambient_generic doesn't work in multiplayer in TTT. In singleplayer TTT it works as it should. On The Thing sounds are supposed to play when you go through metal detector or blow up the base.

They work for me when running a local MP server, so they're not getting removed or anything. There's not much else I can do, because it's a hardcoded entity in Source. So all I can do is blame gmod.

Func_brush parented to func_tracktrain disappears in TTT but in sandbox everything is fine. I can easily parent a model to it or make func_brush a part of train though, just letting you know.

Similarly, this kind of thing isn't really under my control. All I can do is tell GMod to clean up the map, which recreates all the entities in their original state. That's what I do, because it's the only way to reset the map after a round. Bugs in garry's code do things like screw up the ropes and presumably this.

Played on Alters server, weapons loose physics properties when dropped from dead players.

I'll try something that might fix this, but it might be a server-related thing (perhaps temporary). I can't reproduce it.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #1328 on: November 05, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »

The knife is pretty frustrating, it's no fun being instantly killed in close quarters.
markfu
Poster

« Reply #1329 on: November 06, 2009, 12:34:21 AM »

But its fun when you're doing the killing

Its a lead up to the upcoming map zm_cock that allows you to literally 'donkey-punch' zombies into submission using a new C.A.T.S. combat system which makes the zombies shit out m16s and ammo boxes and spraycans when killed with a finishing move.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #1330 on: November 06, 2009, 01:57:46 AM »

You should be able to "handcuff" players who are holstered.  If a player is standing still holstered, hold E to apply the handcuffs.  When cuffed he cannot switch to other weapons.  He must then wait for another player to uncuff him.  

You should also be able to handcuff their ankles to limit them to walking only.

Humorous situations arrive in which Innocents handcuffed try to walk away from approaching doom.

AKA, a non lethal means to deal with very suspicious individuals.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 02:01:09 AM by Qloos »
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #1331 on: November 06, 2009, 02:22:44 AM »

are you sure that particular weapon wasn't constrained?
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #1332 on: November 06, 2009, 02:45:52 AM »

Magneto stick also seems a bit bugged now for some reason.  When pulling it randomly pushes and vice versa.  Makes it hard to hide corpses.
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #1333 on: November 06, 2009, 07:40:13 AM »

are you sure that particular weapon wasn't constrained?

It happened to all weapons.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1334 on: November 06, 2009, 08:07:48 AM »

Magneto stick also seems a bit bugged now for some reason.  When pulling it randomly pushes and vice versa.  Makes it hard to hide corpses.

Are physics just bugged on alters server or something? I haven't changed anything about the magneto in quite a while.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1335 on: November 06, 2009, 10:55:44 AM »

- Added Discombobulator. Grenade that pushes and disorients players (and objects) when it explodes. Does no damage. Not traitor-only, mappers can place it as weapon_ttt_confgrenade (also in FGD).

- Changed radar and target ID colours. Traitors are now a red circle on both, and innocent are a green circle on the radar.

- Added the time remaining until the next radar scan can be executed (or will be if it's on auto) to the HUD.

- Fixed C4 being arm-able while carrying it by exploiting lag to pick up the C4 after hitting USE to open the menu. Arming will now not work while the C4 is being carried.

- Fixed team mute setting not being reset at the start of a round.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v061109
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1336 on: November 06, 2009, 11:26:56 AM »

Can you add a stick to the C4?
Allowing it to be stuck on walls ect.
EG. Left click drops it to arm. Right click snaps it to where you are looking (withing range of x feet).

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1337 on: November 06, 2009, 04:44:31 PM »

Oh allright, but when (not if, when) people find a way to somehow stick it in their own character model's ass, I'm going to blame you and all the other people who asked for this feature.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1338 on: November 06, 2009, 05:38:03 PM »

If A person is stupid enough to let that happen. They deserver it.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1339 on: November 06, 2009, 06:20:07 PM »

Oh allright, but when (not if, when) people find a way to somehow stick it in their own character model's ass, I'm going to blame you and all the other people who asked for this feature.

If A person is stupid enough to let that happen. They deserver it.

I truly, and very hard, Lol'd IRL.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length