Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:50:12 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700110 times)
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #980 on: October 19, 2009, 02:59:50 AM »

I had an idea where there's a second set of equipment that ALL players have access to, items or skills that can benefit either Innocents or Traitors. This means an item like a radar could be usable by anyone. It'd be very simple, like a beep that increases the closer people are. So a traitor can locate a hiding innocent, or a cautious innocent could hear someone sneaking up on them.

So, what other player items could there be? Radar, maybe a detective kit (to increase the data you get off a body, things like time of death could be associated to this), final note (gives you 124 characters to write your goodbyes?), Data Goggles (when you look at a player you see more information, like actual health number and weapon carried).

This way traitors would in effect get a second item, but also increase innocent ability but in an investigation route.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #981 on: October 19, 2009, 03:03:10 AM »

I like it.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #982 on: October 19, 2009, 03:05:54 AM »

link=topic=9124.msg331049#msg331049 date=1255921390]
I like it.

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #983 on: October 19, 2009, 03:25:14 AM »

Something I've been meaning to say, but keep forgetting:

Weapon firing sounds drop off really quickly, especially in the case of the rifle. I'm not complaining, but this totally eliminates the silenced pistol's 1 use. I suggest that, in order to balance the silenced pistol and make it useful again, one or any combination of the following be done:
- Make it appear as a regular pistol to others.
- Zero sound made, no matter the range.
- Turn rifle sound range up.
- Make silenced pistol kills look like pistol kills.

I personally think 1 and 2 would be a good combination, but whatever's balanced.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #984 on: October 19, 2009, 03:53:35 AM »

I had an idea where there's a second set of equipment that ALL players have access to, items or skills that can benefit either Innocents or Traitors. This means an item like a radar could be usable by anyone. It'd be very simple, like a beep that increases the closer people are. So a traitor can locate a hiding innocent, or a cautious innocent could hear someone sneaking up on them.

So, what other player items could there be? Radar, maybe a detective kit (to increase the data you get off a body, things like time of death could be associated to this), final note (gives you 124 characters to write your goodbyes?), Data Goggles (when you look at a player you see more information, like actual health number and weapon carried).

This way traitors would in effect get a second item, but also increase innocent ability but in an investigation route.

Wouldn't that make a traitors job A LOT harder if innocents have radars?  As if a traitor shoots someone and the innocents know where he is running to.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #985 on: October 19, 2009, 04:01:22 AM »

Depends on the number of people in the area. In even relatively small groups the radar is useless as it'd be going off like a Geiger Counter in Chernobyl. Basically it's good when there's very few people around. Granted dedicated campers would gain the edge of knowing people are nearby, but at least if there's one camper and one traitor, the traitor can actually FIND the guy instead of all the specs bemoaning the fact he's walked by him 10 times already.

I don't think tGB would make something like a Goldeneye radar where you can see where everyone is in the vicinity and where thye are going, it'd just be beeps.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #986 on: October 19, 2009, 07:15:20 AM »

I don't like the idea of equipment-for-everyone (or other kinds of innocent equipment) and I'm not sure what problem it's supposed to solve.

I have a suggestion for last words.  Instead of it just saying the words of the person tying, it shows the words they were typing or if they died already, it shows their last word.  So lets say he finishes typing ITS <insert name herE> and no one notices.  And if they look at their body, they don't see any words.  So the suggestion is just showing the sentance the guy completed.

People have often suggested this and I'm not going to add it. It would mean people constantly "log" what they're doing in case they get killed. It was bad enough when everyone was spamming radio commands after they just got added, and this would create a situation twice as bad because everyone would be obligated to spam them in order to play optimally.

Besides that, the innocent can't expect the game to do all their work for them.

Found a bug: people joining during a round don't see the traitor status of confirmed dead traitors.

Noted.

Exploit: If one person picks up a prop and another person "grabs" it and runs, it stays between the two people and snaps back really hard when one lets go. This means that if there's a person in the way, they go down.

So the cause is that two people can pick up a single prop?

Weapon firing sounds drop off really quickly, especially in the case of the rifle.

It's only in case of the rifle in my experience, so I consider it a rifle bug.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:17:21 AM by theGreenBunny »
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #987 on: October 19, 2009, 11:34:46 AM »

Sometimes when I lag and NEARLY drop off, I get the spectator version of the scoreboard, with "Confirmed Dead" and "MIA" being separate boards.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #988 on: October 19, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »

So because people are talking about radar again and everybody ignored my suggestion a few pages ago I'll write it down again:
I suggest a equipment / ability that allows you to find the last innocent. I think a device that makes a bleep sound that gets faster once you get closer will suffice. This way a hiding players can still get a tactical benefit from his camping position but has to now that traitors will sooner or later find him.

maybe this should even be a standard item for traitors and not just a bonus equipment.

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #989 on: October 19, 2009, 01:14:11 PM »

My concept of the radar item:
- Panel with a button to scan (probably under a tab in the traitor menu)
- Delay between scans
- After scanning, panel shows a list of people, probably listed as "innocent" or "traitor"
- Next to each entry is an arrow indicating their general direction (probably out of 8.), and a graphic indicating their estimated distance (probably out of 10, shown as a bar, maybe logarithmic)

This should be useful enough to be its own traitor item rather than default equipment. If long chases still happen a lot, traitors could get a nerfed version by default that only indicates the nearest innocent and has a longer scanning delay.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #990 on: October 19, 2009, 01:33:21 PM »

Would it appear for all traitors? Maybe at a longer cooldown?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #991 on: October 19, 2009, 02:01:21 PM »

I was thinking that the arrows would be compass-style, so pointing relative to the north, with a separate arrow that is always pointing to where the "north" is. That separate arrow always shows for all traitors (or perhaps for everyone on the hud), so one traitor with a scanner can say "he's to the west" and have the others understand what he means.

So the scan wouldn't appear for all traitors, but it would be easy to communicate to them what they need.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #992 on: October 19, 2009, 02:29:08 PM »

Ah ok makes sense.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:31:05 PM by worbat »

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #993 on: October 19, 2009, 05:27:39 PM »

Update:

- Death by fall damage now has its own icon in the body search window.

- Fixed body search to only show a kill as a headshot if bullets were involved.

- In round report's score view, broken up "points" into three values showing your base points (from kills and surviving), your team bonus (from teammates surviving/killing), and the total of the two.

- Deagle ammo box now gives 12 shots instead of 8.

- Made sprays get cleared at the start of a new round, so that "do not enter" sprays do not persist.

- Fixed late joiners not seeing the confirmed dead traitors in red on scoreboard. Also fixed possible issue if a dead traitor disconnects and a new player connects, where the new guy could be indicated as a dead traitor on the scoreboard.

- Fixed multiple people being able to pick up a single prop and cause physics craziness. Known issue resulting from this is that you can't pull/push a prop another player is already pulling/pushing. This will be fixed in the next version.
edit: The push/pull problem does not in fact exist. You are only prevented from pulling/pushing stuff someone else is carrying.

- Made rifle shot sound carry further. It's audible range was much smaller than that of other weapons.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v191009
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 05:13:35 PM by theGreenBunny »
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #994 on: October 19, 2009, 05:49:34 PM »

Loving the tweaks.

my god
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #995 on: October 19, 2009, 07:42:16 PM »

I <3 my deagle SO much.

Pointing a rifle at people's heads makes them freak out and they start to dance.

Wheras I can walk right up to Andy P and go "oh hey there I'm just going to back away slowly and not trouble you" and he totally won't feel threatened.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #996 on: October 19, 2009, 09:04:29 PM »

Hotfix:
- The traitors weren't always getting the ids of other traitors, so they wouldn't show up as such. This was due to a typo in death confirmation related code. Fixed in the below version.

- Fixed that the falling damage icon was not in the autodownload list.

- Also happens to include fix for magneto stick being droppable (since 181009)

Trouble in Terrorist Town v191009b
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:09:54 PM by theGreenBunny »
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #997 on: October 19, 2009, 10:54:27 PM »

- Fixed multiple people being able to pick up a single prop and cause physics craziness. Known issue resulting from this is that you can't pull/push a prop another player is already pulling/pushing. This will be fixed in the next version.

Stop ruining my fun. D:
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #998 on: October 19, 2009, 11:18:19 PM »

Hey guys, so I'm playing on the main server and this guy named 'little Ninja' comes into the room I'm barricading. I tell him he has five seconds to get out. He tells me he wants to stay and and help barricade. I tell him to get out. He pulls a Mac-10, shoots at me, and I kill him.

Who was in the right?
goatfetus
Poster

Righting wrongs through penetration

« Reply #999 on: October 19, 2009, 11:28:10 PM »

That's supposed to be a rhetorical question right?

Remember Remember the 10 of December
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length