Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:57:28 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700634 times)
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #960 on: October 18, 2009, 02:16:25 PM »

That's pretty awesome, keep up the awesome work!

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #961 on: October 18, 2009, 02:42:35 PM »

I'll prepare the sacrificial fire!

Still awesome job though.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #962 on: October 18, 2009, 02:57:13 PM »

Looks fantastic. I also like that investigating the bodies will require some risk as you need to navigate the menus.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #963 on: October 18, 2009, 03:09:36 PM »

Update:
- Reworked body search window to be easier to parse at a glance.

- "Body found" message now includes who found it

- Bodies of traitors now include a list of their kills. This is shown in the search window, and any players that traitor has killed whose death was not yet confirmed will have that happen when the traitor's body is found. It does not tell you if they were innocent/traitor, for that you'll still have to find the body.

- Players you have killed will have their name greyed out in the scoreboard, showing you who you know is dead even if their body has not been found. The greyness lasts until their death is confirmed (or the round ends obviously).

- Tweaked duration and amount of bleeding effects in various ways

- The "mute living players" feature is now a toggle (still under the ALT key), and it shows on the HUD when you have it on, in the bottom right.

- Removed server convar ttt_spectators_hear_living because it is no longer useful due to the above.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v181009

Note to server owners: this release includes some icon textures. Unlike previous releases, it should be extracted to the garrysmod directory instead of the gamemodes one. I tested the autodownload of textures with Alters and everything seemed to work, so hopefully there won't be too many fastdl problems.

There's also a new Lua file that clients will need, so you probably need to re-generate the scriptenforcer manifest if you have custom ones. But perhaps you already do this with every release (which would be wise), I'm just making sure since I believe it's the first new clientside file since detective mode was added.

edit: Actually, generating your own manifest may not be necessary depending on your situation. Basically, just do what you always do and see if it breaks. Icons not appearing or errors when searching a body might point to problems.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 03:24:12 PM by theGreenBunny »
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #964 on: October 18, 2009, 04:15:43 PM »

TGB, I love this. The rock-falling-on-terrorist icon made my sides hurt with laughter.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #965 on: October 18, 2009, 04:16:12 PM »

The update rocks. Get it today!

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #966 on: October 18, 2009, 04:39:39 PM »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw yeeeeeaaaaaah bro!
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #967 on: October 18, 2009, 06:45:07 PM »

Updated The Ice Cave. I'll let you know how it goes with Fast DL

Edit, working like a charm.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 07:23:58 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #968 on: October 18, 2009, 09:52:32 PM »

Idea:
Many people are using "Stay out or get shot" sprays. The problem is that sprays last over a round so it's not very useful at the moment. Maybe you could remove all graffiti at the beginning of a new round?

Also I like the new icons but sometimes it show that people were hit in the head even though they died through physics or fell to death.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 09:54:44 PM by TheCze »

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
mysquirrel
Poster

VIDEO GAMES MADE ME DO IT

« Reply #969 on: October 18, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »

The new Icons are cool, I get the Info quite fast except the clock, could you make the Icon to a Timer?

I AM THE DEV SUMMONER

My fingers are itching to reward you with a ban for reporting this.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #970 on: October 18, 2009, 10:08:13 PM »

Idea:
Many people are using "Stay out or get shot" sprays. The problem is that sprays last over a round so it's not very useful at the moment. Maybe you could remove all graffiti at the beginning of a new round?

I'll take a look

Also I like the new icons but sometimes it show that people were hit in the head even though they died through physics or fell to death.

Yeah, I heard. Anything that deals damage to the head can cause a "headshot" right now, I'll fix it so that only bullets can.

The new Icons are cool, I get the Info quite fast except the clock, could you make the Icon to a Timer?

As in, with the actual time itself in it, rather than a different kind of clock? No.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #971 on: October 18, 2009, 10:53:12 PM »

Back from cottage and holy shit this is awesome.

Annnnyyywaaayyys.

I was thinking about a couple of things. Before you judge any of them, however, make sure you've finished reading the list because many lean on others for balance.

[li]A traitor device which somehow indicates the location of innocents in some way really ought to be implemented sooner than later. It could indicate with either a HUD icon, an arrow, distance only, or any combination of the 3. It all boils down to whether you want the traitors to find campers and have a way to see nearby/approaching threats, and how quickly you want either of these to happen. [/li]

[li]A different points system which rewards team effort completely over individual effort. That is to say, the points that you get depend solely on how the team did (kills, remaining alive players). I feel this system would encourage teamwork over individual success, where a player committed to helping the team win will play more desirably than a player rewarded for staying alive and killing traitors. Killing teammates should still result in lost points for sure though. More on how being an active team player rewards you later...[/li]

[li]Instead of getting 1 piece of traitor equipment all round, perhaps traitors should get a "bonus" for doing well. For example, a traitor team has eliminated the entire server except for one camping innocent, so they can now buy a C4 or innocent tracker to take him out. In this manner, traitor teams who are doing well will be rewarded well and thus both end the game faster AND stand a better chance against the lone hermit. Whether the bonus is for the entire team, making teamwork a priority over individual killing, or for the person doing all the work, compensating the hardworker for his hardwork and battle scars, I'm not sure yet. I'm leaning towards the later.[/li]

[li]New traitor equipment menu. Nothing fancy, but the scrolling is getting annoying and as more equipment is (hopefully) added, this will worsen. Anyways, just something like a 3x3 grid with everything on there.[/li]

[li]I feel as if the current point deduction system is too cold and harsh and unaccommodating. If you see someone blitz killing and then attack you, and then kill them in self-defense and they're not the killing, you lose a lot of points. Anyways, I suggest that you lose less points (if you lost none, people would be team killing at the drop of a hat) if that person has killed an innocent and/or attacked you. Additionally (or separately), you could also post a pop-up at the end of the round which asks players who were team-killed if they want to forgive their killer.[/li]

That's it.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #972 on: October 18, 2009, 11:40:53 PM »

A traitor device which somehow indicates the location of innocents in some way really ought to be implemented sooner than later. It could indicate with either a HUD icon, an arrow, distance only, or any combination of the 3. It all boils down to whether you want the traitors to find campers and have a way to see nearby/approaching threats, and how quickly you want either of these to happen

I really like this idea becasue I hate when rounds drag because one innocent is camping (excuse my spelling my hands are numb right now)

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #973 on: October 19, 2009, 12:06:36 AM »

Why do points matter so much to you ehjunk?

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
ibor10
Poster

« Reply #974 on: October 19, 2009, 01:46:32 AM »

Back from cottage and holy shit this is awesome.

Annnnyyywaaayyys.

I was thinking about a couple of things. Before you judge any of them, however, make sure you've finished reading the list because many lean on others for balance.

[li]A traitor device which somehow indicates the location of innocents in some way really ought to be implemented sooner than later. It could indicate with either a HUD icon, an arrow, distance only, or any combination of the 3. It all boils down to whether you want the traitors to find campers and have a way to see nearby/approaching threats, and how quickly you want either of these to happen. [/li]

[li]A different points system which rewards team effort completely over individual effort. That is to say, the points that you get depend solely on how the team did (kills, remaining alive players). I feel this system would encourage teamwork over individual success, where a player committed to helping the team win will play more desirably than a player rewarded for staying alive and killing traitors. Killing teammates should still result in lost points for sure though. More on how being an active team player rewards you later...[/li]

[li]Instead of getting 1 piece of traitor equipment all round, perhaps traitors should get a "bonus" for doing well. For example, a traitor team has eliminated the entire server except for one camping innocent, so they can now buy a C4 or innocent tracker to take him out. In this manner, traitor teams who are doing well will be rewarded well and thus both end the game faster AND stand a better chance against the lone hermit. Whether the bonus is for the entire team, making teamwork a priority over individual killing, or for the person doing all the work, compensating the hardworker for his hardwork and battle scars, I'm not sure yet. I'm leaning towards the later.[/li]

[li]New traitor equipment menu. Nothing fancy, but the scrolling is getting annoying and as more equipment is (hopefully) added, this will worsen. Anyways, just something like a 3x3 grid with everything on there.[/li]

[li]I feel as if the current point deduction system is too cold and harsh and unaccommodating. If you see someone blitz killing and then attack you, and then kill them in self-defense and they're not the killing, you lose a lot of points. Anyways, I suggest that you lose less points (if you lost none, people would be team killing at the drop of a hat) if that person has killed an innocent and/or attacked you. Additionally (or separately), you could also post a pop-up at the end of the round which asks players who were team-killed if they want to forgive their killer.[/li]

That's it.

i like these ideas, i know theres alot of times il be barricaded and someone breaks in so yell at them then kill them for staying and lose alot of points for it.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #975 on: October 19, 2009, 02:06:11 AM »

Anyone else call troll?

Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #976 on: October 19, 2009, 02:08:55 AM »

I have a suggestion for last words.  Instead of it just saying the words of the person tying, it shows the words they were typing or if they died already, it shows their last word.  So lets say he finishes typing ITS <insert name herE> and no one notices.  And if they look at their body, they don't see any words.  So the suggestion is just showing the sentance the guy completed.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #977 on: October 19, 2009, 02:31:54 AM »

Found a bug: people joining during a round don't see the traitor status of confirmed dead traitors.

Signature Pending...
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #978 on: October 19, 2009, 02:41:29 AM »

Exploit: If one person picks up a prop and another person "grabs" it and runs, it stays between the two people and snaps back really hard when one lets go. This means that if there's a person in the way, they go down.

Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #979 on: October 19, 2009, 02:48:39 AM »

@Bonus Equipment for Traitors:

I'd really rather not, since

"doing well" is subjective.

I can just imagine thinking "Ha ha he used a knife so now I don't have to worry about any other traitor-item shenanigans" and then it feeling really cheap and unfun when I die.

If you're doing really well, then you can probably win anyway.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length