Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:44:48 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702471 times)
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #940 on: October 17, 2009, 10:12:25 PM »

Yeah I know.

I didn't know a new page was coming.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #941 on: October 17, 2009, 10:45:08 PM »

Up flare gun ammo to 5 instead of 4. As of now it's incredibly limited, not everyone has a target that stands still. Misses are critical.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #942 on: October 17, 2009, 11:18:01 PM »

Up flare gun ammo to 5 instead of 4. As of now it's incredibly limited, not everyone has a target that stands still. Misses are critical.

Wait, what?

You use it on PEOPLE?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #943 on: October 18, 2009, 12:46:41 AM »

Downs their health quite a bit. Using it just for bodies is stupid.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #944 on: October 18, 2009, 01:32:41 AM »

Using it on people is pretty stupid unless they're near death, and using it on bodies is certainly not stupid, that means up to 4 people can be MIA and that'll confuse innocents.

PS: the flare gun only does 20-30 damage to someone

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #945 on: October 18, 2009, 02:27:24 AM »

I got shot twice with it just now and was still able to kill the traitor.

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #946 on: October 18, 2009, 02:48:16 AM »

Using it on people is pretty stupid unless they're near death, and using it on bodies is certainly not stupid, that means up to 4 people can be MIA and that'll confuse innocents.

I just played in a game where when me and the final innocent went into a gunduel, the scoreboard reported 9 people still alive.

He still figured out I was the last one because he was like "EVERYONE WHO IS NOT SHADOW SAY I"

"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #947 on: October 18, 2009, 02:51:43 AM »

You light someone on fire, causing them to panic and run away, and lowering their health. At that point, they're paranoid of being in open areas moreso than at the start and know someone is watching them. I caused someone to fall off the elevator cliff by using the flare gun on them. "Blahblah-Ohshit I'm on fier weha- AHH-AHH-AHGHGHG-"

Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #948 on: October 18, 2009, 02:52:46 AM »

A paniced innocent is the worst kind! You want them to feel calm and safe.

OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #949 on: October 18, 2009, 03:00:41 AM »

Not all of them.

Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #950 on: October 18, 2009, 03:13:14 AM »

Panicked innocents kill other people. Try throwing a smoke into the testing room during a test.
ibor10
Poster

« Reply #951 on: October 18, 2009, 05:44:44 AM »

ok so i was playing earlier and i came up with an idea for a traitor weapon but im not sure how well it would work. i was playing on dm_richland (the aparment building with all the traps) and as a traitor i blew someone up with the trip wire by one of the basement staircases. Then i thought it would be awesome if that was a traitor weapon, just a 1 or 2 time use, that you could attach to a wall. If you shoot it, it would get destroyed. it would be a great way to watch your back or make a quick gettaway but not as much of weapon because the red light beaming across the hallway, unless you threw a smoke nade right next to it. idk just an idea lol
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #952 on: October 18, 2009, 05:57:44 AM »

So, like...

The tripwire feature of the S.L.A.M?
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #953 on: October 18, 2009, 06:25:30 AM »

Please update F1 Info on the ability to silence living people as dead/spectators.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #954 on: October 18, 2009, 07:12:12 AM »

Perhaps someone in the community would be so noble as to do a full write up on every feature/equipment and give it to TGB to add, since I would prefer he work on making the features rather than spend time writing an essay on how best to use them
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #955 on: October 18, 2009, 07:18:17 AM »

I could write some thing up. Just to explain some stuff to noobs.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #956 on: October 18, 2009, 07:34:08 AM »

trip wire

As with remotely detonated bombs, these tend to result in pretty random kills.

Please update F1 Info on the ability to silence living people as dead/spectators.

Done.

Perhaps someone in the community would be so noble as to do a full write up on every feature/equipment and give it to TGB to add, since I would prefer he work on making the features rather than spend time writing an essay on how best to use them

I'd be fine with this. Perhaps do it in the form of a FAQ so a variety of the most important stuff can be covered.

Someone may want to post a separate thread for this so multiple people can contribute without cluttering everything up.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #957 on: October 18, 2009, 09:12:02 AM »

What about a trip alarm?

Cold be useful for defending areas with more than one entrance.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #958 on: October 18, 2009, 09:41:35 AM »

What about a trip alarm?

Cold be useful for defending areas with more than one entrance.

That would be aiding campers, which TGB already stated he felt was detrimental to the game.

I think the traitor needs a good DoT weapon, something that isn't too powerfully, but has enough shots to actually do something. For instance the flare gun could be considered a DoT but it does all of its damage fairly quickly and has very limited ammo. I was thinking something that does 1 damage every 3 seconds for a full minute, per use.

Oh and by the way, the numbers I suggested would mean the traitor would need to shoot five time, and wait five minutes for the target to die. It would serve the purpose of causing confusion and chaos among ranks of innocents. Heck you could even make it into a kind of poison gas pellet thing.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #959 on: October 18, 2009, 02:10:33 PM »

So the body search screen got a makeover. It's now very much icon-based, with every piece of information getting an icon. Clicking an icon shows the flavour text in the bottom of the window. Many of the icons have a different appearance for different info, ie. if he was killed with a rifle, the killer weapon icon will be a rifle icon. This makes it a lot easier to spot the most important information quickly.

As usual JPEG made things uglier than they are, but you get the idea from these screens:

Left to right:
- player name (shows steam avatar if any)
- traitor status, was a traitor
- killing damage (here unknown because I used a console kill, but some of the main types have an icon)
- time of death
- body armor was worn
- last words

Left to right:
- player name (bot in this case, so no steam avatar)
- traitor status was innocent
- killing damage was a bullet
- time of death
- was a headshot
- killing weapon was a rifle

L to R:
- player name
- was traitor
- time of death
- killing damage was physics

There is no limit on the number of icons even though it may look like that on the screens. It's pretty rare that there are more than six icons to show, and it will just scroll if that's the case.

I made all these icons manually, and yes, this took quite a lot of time. I like them a lot though. If you don't, you're not allowed to search bodies anymore.

Of course this means this will be the first release that needs to download something other than Lua code, so a thousand things are likely to go wrong and we'll have to sacrifice Ajunk to the blood gods to put things right. You have been warned.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length