Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:25:11 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699785 times)
SlayerCake
Poster

VerbCake

« Reply #880 on: October 16, 2009, 12:19:50 AM »

Thats what makes it fun though :D There was this great moment on the roof of canyon where everyone was pointing guns at each other and it was like:

"Is that C4? Yes, yes it is.... FUCK RUN!!!"

<br />Mysquirrel the storm and power outage were in real life<br />
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #881 on: October 16, 2009, 12:26:23 AM »

You should turn up the volume of the C4. Almost noone can hear it.

This is true.
padre
Poster

« Reply #882 on: October 16, 2009, 01:21:02 AM »

I know this is contraversial and make be backlashed but i think there needs to be an immediate kill for RDMing innocents if you are not a traitor.

Now, the problem is people can grief it and run into your shots but those individuals can be dealt with.  I think people aren't afraid to make the wrong choice when shooting an individual, if they get slayed immediately after death, maybe just maybe they will watch their trigger finger.
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #883 on: October 16, 2009, 01:24:47 AM »

Sorry but there's no way that could work out, there are tons of different occasions where the whole server would suspect someone to be a traitor because they liked acting weird and then because their accusations were wrong, 2 people would have to suffer instead of one. That's just one of the numerous occasions I can think of an innocent killing another innocent occuring fairly.

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #884 on: October 16, 2009, 01:25:22 AM »

I know this is contraversial and make be backlashed but i think there needs to be an immediate kill for RDMing innocents if you are not a traitor.

Now, the problem is people can grief it and run into your shots but those individuals can be dealt with.  I think people aren't afraid to make the wrong choice when shooting an individual, if they get slayed immediately after death, maybe just maybe they will watch their trigger finger.

It's not controversial, it's just stupid. The point of TTT is fear and uncertainty, Mexican Stand offs are expected and welcomed. A computer or algorithm can not know whether a 12 year old douche is randomly killing people or a Mexican Stand off has occurred between innocents.

And if they are slayed immedietly then people know they weren't the traitors, narrowing the field quite a bit. Overall it's the most terrible thing you could possibly do to TTT.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #885 on: October 16, 2009, 01:27:23 AM »

Now, the problem is people can grief it and run into your shots but those individuals can be dealt with.  I think people aren't afraid to make the wrong choice when shooting an individual, if they get slayed immediately after death, maybe just maybe they will watch their trigger finger.

So the traitor strategy of "oh my god -name- is shooting at me" *boom* "wow he was innocent what a dick" is completely destroyed as is tons of other fun game mechanics? no thanks, but maybe you could make it a plugin on the TDR server

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #886 on: October 16, 2009, 02:32:38 AM »

I had an idea.  What if when a traitor dies, and someone presses E on his body, he can see a list of people he killed.  This way, innocents can help know who are dead.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #887 on: October 16, 2009, 02:47:38 AM »

I had an idea.  What if when a traitor dies, and someone presses E on his body, he can see a list of people he killed.  This way, innocents can help know who are dead.

Sounds reasonable, no doubt when traitors go traitoring about they keep a list to keep track of who they've murdered.

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #888 on: October 16, 2009, 02:51:51 AM »

So yeah, the game is well balanced again, which is a good thing.

Allow me to offer my thanks to TGB for taking time out of his life to create this wonderfull little game for us.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #889 on: October 16, 2009, 02:52:29 AM »

I had an idea.  What if when a traitor dies, and someone presses E on his body, he can see a list of people he killed.  This way, innocents can help know who are dead.

This would be good.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #890 on: October 16, 2009, 04:02:10 AM »

I had an idea.  What if when a traitor dies, and someone presses E on his body, he can see a list of people he killed.  This way, innocents can help know who are dead.

Doesn't match up with current game play. Even when you kill someone, and I mean YOU, they don't appear on your death list unless you actually inspect their bodies, and then everyone know's they are dead. So no, traitors are not keeping lists and there would be nothing to find.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #891 on: October 16, 2009, 05:26:45 AM »

Doesn't match up with current game play. Even when you kill someone, and I mean YOU, they don't appear on your death list unless you actually inspect their bodies, and then everyone know's they are dead. So no, traitors are not keeping lists and there would be nothing to find.

What about the burned bodys, the ones that fall off of cliffs, or ones that are in places that are near impossible to find?  It would be harder looking indivualy for each dead body.  I have seen cases where people can't find some body's of innocents.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #892 on: October 16, 2009, 07:13:34 AM »

You should turn up the volume of the C4. Almost noone can hear it.

That's the point. If it was significantly louder, everyone who could be hurt by it would hear it and just run off.

I like that innocents would be rewarded with information after killing/finding a traitor. However, Soduka is correct in that it doesn't jive with the information traitors actually have. One solution would be showing who you have killed in the scoreboard (darkening their name or something).

Hmm, not sure yet. It's something to think about.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #893 on: October 16, 2009, 07:17:47 AM »

To solve this problem have more admins online.
It's the only system that seems to work.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #894 on: October 16, 2009, 08:33:49 AM »

DDDDDPPPPPPPP

Can you add a darken option to the scoreboard so that if I click on their name it darkens, sort of like, a suspect list.

This could then add an orange ring to the person when you aim at them? (Not so sure about this bit)

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Andyp
Poster

« Reply #895 on: October 16, 2009, 10:34:10 AM »

Nah that would never work, not every RDM is from an arsehole, often its just plain accident. Also to repeat what Worbat said: admins really are the only answer. You cant take it into your own hands too often since it turns into a fuckfest, as ive had an argument about before.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 10:36:00 AM by Andyp »

The true Anthem of England: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJNic_XSwBo&feature=related
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #896 on: October 16, 2009, 10:48:22 AM »

Something people have asked about is blood decal removal. I've looked at this, and I have not found any way in which this is possible.
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #897 on: October 16, 2009, 11:50:01 AM »

Would it be possible for the traitors to choose some sort of decoy device. Not sure what would work exactly but a sound emitter might be nice. Lots of times as a traitor on some maps it's near impossible to split groups of people up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #898 on: October 16, 2009, 01:56:03 PM »

Looks like a mapper on facepunch found TTT and enjoyed it: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=17622368

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #899 on: October 16, 2009, 02:32:17 PM »

-snip-

What about a little menu(like the equipment menu) where you have a list of innocents and you can cross off the names ofthe ones you killed.

Looks like a mapper on facepunch found TTT and enjoyed it: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=17622368

Yeah, alot of people are finding it liking it. Did you know that DMGaina the machinima guy played TTT?

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length