Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:21:34 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699573 times)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #840 on: October 14, 2009, 04:20:08 AM »

The idea is that you catch someone with their pants down. Anything further I think is too far, a careful traitor should be rewarded.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #841 on: October 14, 2009, 05:33:52 AM »

I wish I could have a Innocent weapon called "Camera" which can take a single picture,(screenshot.)  All corpses and people within the picture are labeled by name.  When my camera is recovered from the crime scene, they'll know what went down, oh yes.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #842 on: October 14, 2009, 06:39:25 AM »

The idea is that you catch someone with their pants down. Anything further I think is too far, a careful traitor should be rewarded.

Well, this would just require the traitor to be even more carefull, no more dumping the murder weapon on the victims body, now you need to hide it as well.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #843 on: October 14, 2009, 06:53:24 AM »

I'm not sure about these weapon things. It seems like it would only be useful if it said exactly who fired the gun (or perhaps more realistically, whether it was ever fired, and who has carried it).

link=topic=9124.msg329360#msg329360 date=1255484731]
Yeah, some problems with the knife.

I was standing behind someone and wanted to take them out quickly. So I took out my knife and threw it at their back. It bounced off their back and I caught it again.

Why didn't you just stab him if you were behind him?

Anyway, RE: knife issues. It was a bit of a nuisance to get the knife throw working, because when I would test with bots it would refuse to physics-collide with them. Therefore I had to add a separate check to see if there's anything just in front of the knife, etc. If it turns out it does collide with proper players that are not bots, that could change things. To test this I'd need someone to stand around while I screw around with the code and he gets knifed repeatedly.

I wish I could have a Innocent weapon called "Camera" which can take a single picture,(screenshot.)  All corpses and people within the picture are labeled by name.  When my camera is recovered from the crime scene, they'll know what went down, oh yes.

Not possible for technical reasons.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #844 on: October 14, 2009, 08:20:06 AM »

The stab is..... iffy. Could you increase the range by a few points, just so the hit detection is sligtly better.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #845 on: October 14, 2009, 11:30:30 AM »

In my honest opinion, the stab works perfectly, it's just the throw that's wonky.

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #846 on: October 14, 2009, 11:56:11 AM »

There's no real lag compensation. I've had mysqll and marauder try and stab me in the back, It fails to hit I turn around and shoot them.

I don't want it to be like the stupid range of the spys knife but just a little further than what it currently is.

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #847 on: October 14, 2009, 12:48:44 PM »

There's no real lag compensation. I've had mysqll and marauder try and stab me in the back, It fails to hit I turn around and shoot them.

I do what I can wrt lag compensation. Knife SWEP:
function SWEP:PrimaryAttack()
  self.Owner:LagCompensation(true)

-- SNIP: stuff from your wildest dreams happens here

self.Owner:LagCompensation(false)
end

Using lagcomp as documented.

Don't worry though, I can make it easier to hit with without increasing range much. Everything's gonna be okay. Ruffle through your own hair and pretend it was me doing it.
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #848 on: October 14, 2009, 01:32:21 PM »

ok so I was thinking back then about how to make the game more interesting for the survivors.
I know that equipment for them has already been suggested but I think if all those are undetectable by other players it might be quite interesting. Many of them could be a way to counter traitor tactics, e.g. flame proof clothes which can't be set on fire (also the body can't be burned), a bullet proof west for the survivors aswell, and also a radar cloak to counter the brand new "Find the last innocent" gadget for the traitors.
I don't know about you guys, but while camping is in my opinion a legit tactic completely HIDING in a huge map like zm_downtown is most of the time very annoying for the dead people, especially in cases when there are more than 10 minutes left and the person is in a nearly undetectable or unreachable place. That way a player might camp but if a traitor picks the equipment it will speed up the endgame phase where most people are already dead.
It does not have to be a radar, a beep that beeps faster when get near him will be totally sufficient and you still can play some Hide and Seek. 

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #849 on: October 14, 2009, 03:04:55 PM »

*Ruffles*

I feel very reassured all of a sudden.

my god
V
Poster

This visage, no mere veneer of vanity...

« Reply #850 on: October 14, 2009, 06:12:31 PM »

One time when we were playing on Downtown, I was hiding in a corner and Darkharbinger tried stabbing me with his knife, I was able to kill him with my pistol before he could even cause damage.

People should not be afraid of their governments.  Governments should be afraid of their people...
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #851 on: October 14, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »

ok some bugs I noticed (or was told about by other people):

If you change your weapon to holstered the last weapon button is not properly working (it will always give you the crowbar)

meh decided to pm the other as they are kind of exploits

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #852 on: October 14, 2009, 08:56:22 PM »

I can change the default, but for existing servers the old limit will already be stored in their cfg.

It seems I might be able to get around this by removing the "save this" flag from a convar. I didn't expect that to work and I'm not sure it will for dedicated servers. Either way I've done that for the round time and traitor percentage, which are now 15m and 24% by default.

For reference, here's a table of traitor counts at different percentages. It goes from a playercount range for which that number of traitors will be present for a given percentage. The calculation is simply: given percentage of the playercount rounded down, minimum of 1.

Traitors24%25%28%30%
One traitor2-82-72-72-6
Two traitors9-128-118-107-9
Three traitors13-1612-1511-1410-13
Four traitorsx1615-1614-16

The reason I went with 24% is of course the fact that there are three traitors for the most common playercount of 16.

Servers will be encouraged to mess with the value based on their preference, ie. non-detective ones will likely want to stick it back to 30% in their server.cfg.
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #853 on: October 14, 2009, 10:36:04 PM »

wait, that isn't a hand...

WORBAT YOU HAVE HEADCRABS

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #854 on: October 15, 2009, 12:23:26 AM »

Emergency Bug: You need to delay the attributing of deaths until end of round, detective mode is compromised since deaths update automatically on the score board.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #855 on: October 15, 2009, 12:46:55 AM »

I don't know if I'm reading this right but, have you updated the latest version (As in, double check)? As when people die, their death isn't immediately updated to the scoreboard on my server as far as I'm aware.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:48:48 AM by Alters »
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #856 on: October 15, 2009, 12:52:16 AM »

Quite sure.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #857 on: October 15, 2009, 01:46:22 AM »

Yeah, we definitely need a way to mark people MIA while alive. Is there any way you can think to do it? It's hard to keep track of who I've killed as traitor.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #858 on: October 15, 2009, 02:31:29 AM »

Wasn't not knowing who was where the point to begin with? The only think I think we need is mics to cut off much more noticeably and for a corpse's last words to include text from shortly before (such as, I'm with). That's giving innocents the tools to victory instead of just pasting on random facts.

Aside: How cool yet impossible would it be to be able to click on players on the scoreboard and write down notes?

Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #859 on: October 15, 2009, 03:08:46 AM »

Useless, the rounds don't last that long.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length