Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:55:18 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700457 times)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #820 on: October 13, 2009, 07:51:40 PM »

No.

With more players means more traitors and, if you want it that way, more flares. It's fair how it is.

Also, tGB, any way you could set the default round limit to 15 minutes? That'd be super-cool.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #821 on: October 13, 2009, 08:06:20 PM »

Also, tGB, any way you could set the default round limit to 15 minutes? That'd be super-cool.

I can change the default, but for existing servers the old limit will already be stored in their cfg. This is because I thought "hey it'll be convenient if all these convars are saved automatically so I'll enable that for all of them," but then only later I realized "oops need to balance them." So servers need to change it themselves.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #822 on: October 13, 2009, 08:09:33 PM »

Argh!
Well thankfully there's like 3 servers but still,
Argh!

Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #823 on: October 13, 2009, 08:12:35 PM »

I'll be setting my server to 15 minutes later tonight. Unfortunately for some reason I can't do it now as my FTP appears to be broken.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #824 on: October 13, 2009, 08:53:52 PM »

Other way round? maybe.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #825 on: October 13, 2009, 11:03:36 PM »

I noticed when your selecting a flare gun in the traitor menu it says 3 shots only.  When you actually get, you have 4 shots.  Typo I guess.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #826 on: October 13, 2009, 11:10:35 PM »

I think the mumbling thing should be re-added, but only for 2-3 seconds after dying. It gets annoying when you say "I'm with Marauder8" and then he knifes me and no one will have a clue that I had died right after saying that

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #827 on: October 13, 2009, 11:25:53 PM »

I think the mumbling thing should be re-added, but only for 2-3 seconds after dying. It gets annoying when you say "I'm with Marauder8" and then he knifes me and no one will have a clue that I had died right after saying that

Wouldnt that kind of kill detective mode knowing who alive and who is dead by mumbling?

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Sands
Poster

« Reply #828 on: October 13, 2009, 11:35:15 PM »

Couple of ideas if you want to take it in or not but;

[li]With the detective mode you could look at a gun and investigate it to find out who's had possession of it. [/li]
    [li]I don't know if you could do this but investigating blood spatter and see who the blood belongs too...[/li]

Just bouncing them off of you for consideration, they might be detrimental in the long run so I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:37:23 PM by Sands »

Some say that he's allergic to the Dutch and that he only knows two facts about Ducks and they both are wrong.

All we know is...
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #829 on: October 13, 2009, 11:51:28 PM »

Is that shorter or longer? Hopefully shorter seeing how rounds seem to drag on forever when traitors just dick around.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #830 on: October 14, 2009, 12:16:39 AM »

I'd like a way to mark people off of the tab menu into MIA while alive (a manual thing, not an automatic thing). I've had times when you need players to sound off, but you can't keep track of who is dead. If possible, make it so it automatically puts them back into alive if they speak or something.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #831 on: October 14, 2009, 12:19:25 AM »

15 minutes is the perfect length, down from 20.

Sands, I think your detective ideas are cool (well blood is client side and would be hard to make work if not impossible), but possibly they make it too hard for the traitors to infiltrate. We want traitors to be more sneaky, not just kill more.

Which leads me to another point: the silenced pistol needs some kind of update. As of now, it's really really hard to use because people know to look for it if you're nearby, and people can instantly tag you if they see you at a distance. While I'm not saying it's useless, I am saying people have gotten to wise and it needs to be made less detectable. While some might say an upgrade is the last thing the traitors need, I argue that you're only leveling an option of power to the same as the others.

Another point, the knife throw is really slow and picky about who it hits. Suffice to say, it's not very useful at all. The only situations throwing might work are situations where stabbing would too. Just saying, if you're plan was to make it useful, it isn't. If it's a neat joke though (which I think it is), obviously disregard this.

Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #832 on: October 14, 2009, 12:22:25 AM »

I'd like a way to mark people off of the tab menu into MIA while alive (a manual thing, not an automatic thing). I've had times when you need players to sound off, but you can't keep track of who is dead. If possible, make it so it automatically puts them back into alive if they speak or something.

Actually, it'd be really cool if anyone who hasn't spoken in, say, 5 minutes is marked MIA.

Sort of a

"Hey, hey John Brindle, you there? John? Oh shit guys I think he's dead."
"Hey guys I'm back from the toilet"

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #833 on: October 14, 2009, 01:45:31 AM »

Yeah, some problems with the knife.

I was standing behind someone and wanted to take them out quickly. So I took out my knife and threw it at their back. It bounced off their back and I caught it again.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #834 on: October 14, 2009, 01:49:17 AM »

link=topic=9124.msg329360#msg329360 date=1255484731]I was standing behind someone and wanted to take them out quickly. So I took out my knife and threw it at their back. It bounced off their back and I caught it again.

For some reason I think this is absolutely hilarious.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #835 on: October 14, 2009, 01:54:31 AM »

You obviously had a rubber knife.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Sands
Poster

« Reply #836 on: October 14, 2009, 02:00:26 AM »

I had some issues with the knife. So now, I just use the flare gun for chaos inducing fun.

Some say that he's allergic to the Dutch and that he only knows two facts about Ducks and they both are wrong.

All we know is...
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #837 on: October 14, 2009, 03:13:57 AM »

So here are some suggestions that i thought of today, feel free to disregard them as they are likely terrible.

- When shot, have people bleed for a little while, I don't know the specifics of how to do this, I know tanner coded a bleeding function into his Athena mod, but don;t know if it would be possible in Gmod.

- I would like to see when the gun was last fired if ever, when it's on the ground or picked it, the addition of weapon information could be used to supplement info we don't have.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #838 on: October 14, 2009, 03:48:01 AM »

People usually ammo count to see if guns have been fired. Bleeding would be neato.

eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #839 on: October 14, 2009, 03:50:42 AM »

People usually ammo count to see if guns have been fired. Bleeding would be neato.

Yeah but thats highly innacurate, I myself have been ammo counted alot and usually have just picked up enough ammo to make it seem like it has never been fired.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length