Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:52:42 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700266 times)
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #780 on: October 12, 2009, 03:55:58 AM »

It might be neat but it'd complicate things a lot to have traitors, innocents, and then detectives who can learn more about corpses and such.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #781 on: October 12, 2009, 04:01:45 AM »

It might be neat but it'd complicate things a lot to have traitors, innocents, and then detectives who can learn more about corpses and such.

I don't see how that would fit into whats going on already, I mean how many terrorsits are detectives anyway?

However, now with the kills hiden and such there is no reason for the traitor team to win. This needs to be offset with something... I am not sure what as of yet, but something in order for the terrorsists to win in more cases than "Traitors all fucked up massivly and sucked in general."

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #782 on: October 12, 2009, 07:26:46 AM »

Personally I would want it to be easier for innocents to hide. Maybe if they crouched and stood still for 30 seconds they become slightly transparent......

Then again.
Maybe not.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #783 on: October 12, 2009, 07:31:11 AM »

Personally I would want it to be easier for innocents to hide. Maybe if they crouched and stood still for 30 seconds they become slightly transparent......

Then again.
Maybe not.

Terrible idea.

"Oh hey guys lets all crouch and go transparent and see who doesn't so we know!"

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #784 on: October 12, 2009, 07:33:19 AM »

That is the worst idea ever.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #785 on: October 12, 2009, 07:39:44 AM »

What the innocent lost in detective mode is information. This has obviously tilted the balance. The logical way of rebalancing is giving the innocent a bit more information again, and/or decreasing the strength of the traitor side to compensate.

I've already said I will advise server admins to decrease the number of traitors. In addition I will make it announce whether a searched body was a traitor (which will no longer optional and convar-controlled), and indicate on the scoreboard who of the confirmed dead are traitor as Ajunk suggested.

To some extent innocent will also have to learn good tactics for the new situation (ie. don't go off on your own and sit in a corner somewhere). It's not a good idea to introduce massive changes and class systems and grappling hooks and base building over one day of playing.

Examples of advanced body information are:

[li]
    Time of death.[/li]
    [li]Where the person was hit.[/li]
    [li]Where the person was standing when they died (perhaps show a ghost player model). [/li]
    [li]Trajectory of kill shot, if it was a shot.[/li]
    [li]Weapons they were holding.[/li]

I can see the use of time of death, to an extent. The rest seems like it has limited utility except for very specific situations. I don't think they would be a significant help.

I'll add time of death and whether it was a headshot to the search results.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 07:42:59 AM by theGreenBunny »
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #786 on: October 12, 2009, 01:50:57 PM »

I also already thought about giving some kind of information about the time of death.

Maybe make "The body is still warm" when he was killed in the last 60 seconds and something about a swarm of flies if it was more than 5 minutes ago.

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #787 on: October 12, 2009, 05:12:31 PM »

Ragdoll mattresses when you look at them are seen as an unidentified corpse. Can't search it though sadly, could be like an old woman's savings in it or something.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #788 on: October 12, 2009, 05:45:36 PM »

Update:

- Changed method by which clients are set into detective mode. In practice this means the bug where some players saw a standard, non-detective mode scoreboard should now be fixed.

- Reduced flare gun ammo back to 4 shots

- When a body is found, the announcement will now always contain whether the dead player was a traitor. The convar that used to control this (see previous update notes) is now no longer used.

- Dead traitors are now highlighted on the scoreboard for everyone (so not just traitors) when their body has been found.

- Time of death (relative to the time of searching the body) added to body search result, as well as whether it was a headshot kill.

- Fixed bug where the event of "finding" a body could occur multiple times for the same body, which filled the event log with "X found body Y" and affected the award as well.

- Fixed mattress (and any other non-player "prop_ragdoll" ents) showing as "unidentified body"

- Fixed bug where one could drop a weapon through a wall. It is now impossible to drop your weapon when you stand facefirst into a wall.

- Help text expanded with a section about chat and one about death.

- Groups/"teams" on scoreboard should now always be ordered as: Terrorists, Confirmed Dead, Missing In Action, Spectators.

- Added ttt_startpopup_duration (default 15), which lets clients specify how long the popup at the start of a round should last. Primarily useful for people with small screens. It is stored automatically in your config after setting it once.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v121009
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #789 on: October 12, 2009, 05:53:21 PM »

- Fixed bug where one could drop a weapon through a wall. It is now impossible to drop your weapon when you stand facefirst into a wall.

thanks!
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #790 on: October 12, 2009, 06:08:01 PM »

Server updated. Thanks for the popup duration command.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #791 on: October 12, 2009, 06:13:20 PM »

If a player is killed by a non headshot, he should have a popup on screen with a very short count down timer to write his dieing message in blood.

When a player searches his body he can read the message.

So traitors need to either get a headshot, kill from behind or hide the corpse.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #792 on: October 12, 2009, 06:16:34 PM »

bug, useing the radio on a unidentified corpse will tell you whose corpse it is.

IE I see a corpse in a location that is impossible for me to get too, I press z, which is my "ttt_radio imwith" bind and it tells me "eeny: I am with ajunks corpse."

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #793 on: October 12, 2009, 06:28:22 PM »

There's a bug in the scoreboard that can cause a lua error and will show the old scoreboard. I am going to rework some stuff there.

There will be a 121009b release as soon as I finish it.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #794 on: October 12, 2009, 06:57:32 PM »

If a player is killed by a non headshot, he should have a popup on screen with a very short count down timer to write his dieing message in blood.

That would be awesome.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #795 on: October 12, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »

Here:

- Fixed scoreboard bugs, hopefully

- Fixed radio not taking into account whether a body had been identified

- Picking up non-TTT weapons should now be impossible, and even if you manage it shouldn't immediately break the HUD. (It appeared to be possible to take weapons just before they got replaced when breaking open ammo crates).

Trouble in Terrorist Town v121009b

edit: I didn't get around to talking about balance. I've given it some thought, and will probably be changing how it works. Right now it's a percentage of the players set in a convar. I don't think that is the best way of handling it because you have to come up with a single number that gives a balanced number of traitors no matter what the playercount.

I plan to either split it up into multiple convars for different categories (eg. =< 8 players, =< 14 players, <= 16 players), or hardcode it and add a modifier convar that increases/decreases the hardcoded amount. We'll see.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 07:07:31 PM by theGreenBunny »
Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #796 on: October 12, 2009, 07:34:12 PM »

I love this idea!

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #797 on: October 12, 2009, 07:36:24 PM »

Indeed I like that idea also.

But add the knife and silenced weapons to the list as well.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #798 on: October 12, 2009, 07:48:55 PM »

I love this idea!

Does this mean that a kill in the back negates the message too? Kinda hard to get a headshot on a moving target, but if you've managed to get behind them, that must get rewarded somehow, amirite?
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #799 on: October 12, 2009, 08:41:25 PM »

I don't like that idea, simply for the reason that it gives scripters and fast typers a weird arbitrary advantage.

I know this would be really hard, but it would be kind of cool if when someone died while talking on the mic, you'd hear a second or two of static (headshots, knife, and silenced kills excluded). Kind of like the mic equivalent of last words.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length