Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:12:26 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699094 times)
Andyp
Poster

« Reply #300 on: September 23, 2009, 10:28:00 AM »

Quality of play is seriously lacking tonight. The 12-year-old named "brother hood of the steel Knight" is better than 75% of the server. Random DMing is like a fucking rite of passage these days.

Yeah as i said yesterday night this game is only fun with people from either the zm forums or some of the decent people from the TDR forums.
Even though i did it a little my first time round, dming that is, i only did it because it was my first time and i didnt fully understand the rules i rarely ever do it now. However there seems to be an almost unlimited amount of cuntbags doing it for no reason these days.

Seriously those TTT servers need to get a rule thing that pops up when people join and then at least when people use the pathetic excuse that they didnt know the rules you can helpfully direct them just before banning.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:29:45 AM by Andyp »

The true Anthem of England: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJNic_XSwBo&feature=related
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #301 on: September 23, 2009, 11:38:53 AM »

I think this game needs a grenade.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #302 on: September 23, 2009, 12:09:03 PM »

I think this game needs a grenade.

It has two!

PS: go delete like 12 posts so your postcount can be 11111

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
sulkdodds
Global Moderator

I AM THE SON OF DOG

« Reply #303 on: September 23, 2009, 12:14:30 PM »

And then never post again!

if I were not Sulkdodds, I should wish to be Diogenes
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #304 on: September 23, 2009, 12:16:48 PM »

And then never post again!

No, he just has to save up his posts so he can post 1234 times all at once and jump straight to the next awesome postcount.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
sulkdodds
Global Moderator

I AM THE SON OF DOG

« Reply #305 on: September 23, 2009, 12:27:54 PM »

But then he would have to tell us what his posts were in advance so that we could interact with them in the past by quoting them from the future.

It would be very confusing, like when time travellers attacked and tried to take over management of hl2.net.

if I were not Sulkdodds, I should wish to be Diogenes
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #306 on: September 23, 2009, 02:23:05 PM »

I've updated the mapping mini-guide linked in the OP with info on setting up Hammer.

Here's some words about traitor equipment:
Traitors will be able to call up a menu screen with a list of equipment. They can select a single piece of this equipment once, at any time during the round. After a few seconds, it will "arrive" and take effect (ie. will show up in their inventory, in most cases). In case of weaponry, it will drop when they die like any weapon, and be usable by anyone who picks it up and is not already carrying a traitor item (ie. traitors cannot kill their friends to get more stuff).

Some of the equipment that is very likely to make it in:
- Plantable bomb. Timed explosive with configurable timer. (Already did some work on this one)

- Silenced pistol. Identical to normal pistol but much quieter. Will have a different model others could recognize, so stealth is required.

- Body armour. Not a weapon, but a passive effect. Reduces damage to torso by X% (perhaps 10 or so) for the rest of the round. Not visible, consider it more effective body armour than the one every terrorist wears.

The equipment menu will most likely not be added until most or all of the above exist.

Possible equipment that may or may not happen:
- Identity faking tool. Changes how your name shows up. May not happen for technical or balance reasons. For balance it might be limited to when you're further away, or only allow you to assume identities of bodies you've found. Admins would also need a way to get at real names before they punish the wrong people.
- Health faking tool. Changes the health level that shows for you. Again some technical concerns so may or may not happen.
- Single-use melee weapon that is an instant silent kill from behind.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #307 on: September 23, 2009, 03:31:27 PM »

A flashbang grenade would be cool to add for the traitors. And some other pistol better for fire fights, ie smaller clip and less damage then the five seven but shoots much faster. Finially some other short ranged weapon like a crossbow where the bolt can't travel far. The cbow would knock back players and slow them for a second, yet it has weak damage (10-30 damage), have to reload after every shot and not much max ammo. Doesn't fit with the other guns but it could help for innocent terroists to run away.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #308 on: September 23, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »

There's been a few flashbang suggestions, and I don't really like the idea. It takes away control and basically results in a death you could not have prevented. It serves a purpose in CS:S where rounds are short (so death is cheap) and maps heavily chokepointed (so stalemates need to be broken). Neither applies to TTT.
Sarge
Poster

Here's Simon!

« Reply #309 on: September 23, 2009, 04:58:44 PM »

Yeah as i said yesterday night this game is only fun with people from either the zm forums or some of the decent people from the TDR forums.
Even though i did it a little my first time round, dming that is, i only did it because it was my first time and i didnt fully understand the rules i rarely ever do it now. However there seems to be an almost unlimited amount of cuntbags doing it for no reason these days.

Seriously those TTT servers need to get a rule thing that pops up when people join and then at least when people use the pathetic excuse that they didnt know the rules you can helpfully direct them just before banning.
Is it really that hard just to kill the guy on sight?

Secone: hello sarge-sannn~~ Secone: uguu~~~ Secone: don't you think I am kawaii sarge-chann~!~
Quote from:  Worbat drunk
Sarge: Night night worbat! Worbat: niiiiiiiighty nig0hte           sargei awargie[/quote]
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #310 on: September 23, 2009, 05:06:13 PM »

TEXT

Oh, I was hoping for flashbang grenades so when theres like a group of 5-8 people who know they're innocent we could chuck a flashbang in there and then they would panic while under fire. But yeah it would cause alot of cheap deaths.

And does the incendiary grenade explosion do damage?

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #311 on: September 23, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »

The incendiary grenade explosion does a small amount of damage in a fairly small radius. I believe it's around 25 or so at most. You can test this easily by letting one explode in your hand by overcooking it (that's not a separate effect, the grenade literally explodes just as it normally would, but next to your head).
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #312 on: September 23, 2009, 06:22:22 PM »

That fire is a bastard though.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Flaming Monkey
Poster

« Reply #313 on: September 23, 2009, 10:28:27 PM »

Tear gas grenade?

link=topic=4658.msg385943#msg385943 date=1277847751]
And I Marauder. Me scared big bright in sky, it make hot.
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #314 on: September 23, 2009, 10:35:08 PM »

I don't like the idea of name changing. With microphones, it's easy to figure out who's who.

But I would like to see a way for a traitor to take on someone who is hiding behind a barricade. A lot of people just camp and say 'Don't come to x or I shoot' and then the traitor is just screwed.
PzK
« Reply #315 on: September 23, 2009, 10:38:42 PM »

Just had another awesome game. Started as a traitor, me a traitor and 2 others go to the elevator. I shoot one in the head (I think pieman) while the other traitor finishes the other one behind me with a mac10 (timing was perfect). We quickly disperse, I go into a room and soon here shotgun fire, i go out the room and try and take out an innocent who kills a traitor. With only a rifle, we both end up running in opposite directions with me accusing him of being traitor and soon later sniping him. Someone catches onto to me and accuses me, follows me untill I get to the elevator and turn around and kill him with my deagle. Theres only 2 left and me. I do some searching and hear someone in the test lab smashing his crowbar. His locked in the test box. Open the door and throw a grenade in and close it. I then hear footsteps and hide watching the door, eeny jumps out shoots me with a scout but i survive and kill him with my deagle. The guy in the test room burns too death soon after.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #316 on: September 23, 2009, 11:06:13 PM »

TGB, could you make it so that any text your typing when you die is sent anyway wth a "-" at the end like they do it in Hidden:source?

IE:

"An innocent has died"

"Hey guys if I die its still moo and seany also I thin-"

That way type kills are less cheap.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #317 on: September 23, 2009, 11:34:36 PM »

This mod needs a way to take people hostage effectively.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #318 on: September 23, 2009, 11:34:56 PM »

the suicide awards need to referenCE Jonestown

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #319 on: September 23, 2009, 11:58:44 PM »

TGB, could you make it so that any text your typing when you die is sent anyway wth a "-" at the end like they do it in Hidden:source?

IE:

"An innocent has died"

"Hey guys if I die its still moo and seany also I thin-"

That way type kills are less cheap.

suggested twice already, tGB can't do it yet

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length