Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:07:05 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1698820 times)
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #280 on: September 21, 2009, 10:48:30 PM »

I played on the latest version and I never got that, I'll check again though

I don't know, i just tested it on Alters Server, maybe it's fixed already ^^
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #281 on: September 21, 2009, 10:49:07 PM »

Has anyone noticed when you swing a crowbar it seems like its hitting 3 times very quickly?

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #282 on: September 21, 2009, 10:52:14 PM »

JUST LIKE ZM!

You're all the most fucking heartless people
darkhazz
Poster

« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2009, 10:53:32 PM »

Has anyone noticed when you swing a crowbar it seems like its hitting 3 times very quickly?

if you're lagging it hits like 10 times.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #284 on: September 21, 2009, 11:32:07 PM »

the deagle is fucked. I shot someone in the head and they didn't even go down from healthy, next round i got one head shot and 2 bodyshots on someone in a row and they went down to wounded...after the 3rd.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2009, 11:45:37 PM »

And then the next round I picked up 2 deagle kills after using a crowbar and a shotgun to weaken targets.

Spent the whole round cooped up in there, got the shotgun after 2 kills. Secone, a fellow traitor, shot me when the round ended.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Pyro93735
Poster

« Reply #286 on: September 22, 2009, 06:20:47 AM »

My two cents - just got back from playing several hours of this, and I've got to say it was everything I was hoping it would be. The air was rich with paranoia, with people randomly being killed all over the place for little reason and then even more people being killed by rampaging traitors.  So far as balancing goes, pistol's only a minor step above crowbar... perhaps a slightly faster firing rate would make it better. The desert eagle suffers from a really slow attack rate too making it terrible for firefights, but it's excellent for it's one shot kills to the head if you're a traitor. However, a shotgun does the exact same thing, expect is also useful in firefights. The rifle's nice, but perhaps it's just the nature of the gametype but there seems to be few legit reasons for an innocent to be toting around sniper rifle as their primary weapon - shotgun and Mac10 sure, you might need to defend yourself suddenly if some dude starts opening up on you, but sniper rifle's pretty ineffective for anything except taking people out who are not involved in a firefight with you.

As far as gameplay strategy goes, I've found one of the most effective innocent strategies is when you yourself being followed, run into an empty building that's a dead end that has no weapon spawns. If the person follows you in there too I have no remorse with killing them, since they've got absolutely no reason to be following me. I find it to be about a 2/3 to 3/4 success rate for killing terrorists, which by my book is an acceptable margin of error. Also, while having the person's general health status shown on mouseover is nice, it also can lead to a lot of misconceptions - there's a hole in Canyon where I often found myself falling down through and I'd take ~23 points of falling damage, then walk outside and immediately be gunned down on suspicion of being a terrorist.

Service with a smile :D
darkhazz
Poster

« Reply #287 on: September 22, 2009, 09:49:10 AM »

As i mentioned before, you can get on pretty much every roof by using the magnetostick and a crate. I suggest to disable the collision of the carried prop with the player before the force takes effect.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:50:26 AM by darkhazz »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #288 on: September 22, 2009, 01:48:50 PM »

As i mentioned before, you can get on pretty much every roof by using the magnetostick and a crate. I suggest to disable the collision of the carried prop with the player before the force takes effect.

Already on the list since you first mentioned it. I may have a few questions for you about the method used if I can't manage to reproduce it myself. I haven't had the opportunity to try yet.

the deagle is fucked.

Nope, it's not.

I haven't, but if it seems that way it will be purely cosmetic and probably lag-related, ie. you will not actually deal more damage, which in the end is the important part.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #289 on: September 22, 2009, 04:10:30 PM »

Small update:
- Made it impossible to pick up stuff you're standing on.

- Disabled footsteps while walking (ALT key)

- Disabled sprays for spectators

- Added ScriptEnforcer manifest. Server admins: read this and consider trying out "sv_scriptenforcer 1". If you are using custom Lua scripts for fancy server stuff (this probably includes certain Lua-based admin plugins), you will have to generate your own manifest. This is easy, just join your server and run a command, then upload the file. See the linked page for details.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v220909
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #290 on: September 22, 2009, 05:05:41 PM »

Well I think I screwed that up somehow. I went to the server and generated the manifest. Added it, restarted the server and turned the sv on. However, the manifest isn't whitelisting all the scripts TTT uses and the game mode is screwed up when it's on.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #291 on: September 22, 2009, 06:07:31 PM »

I haven't studied your mod very closely, or the ins and outs of gmod-mod creation, but would it be possible for you to build a plugin system into TTT so that others could simply add to it without having to modify the original files?

Like having the "terrortown" folder, and inside that a folder "plugins" where others could create scripts and such that could be hooked into by TTT automatically.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #292 on: September 22, 2009, 06:39:47 PM »

I suppose I could add a plugins.lua file that is included with TTT and empty by default, you could then use that to include separate scripts. However, it would probably work just as well to put such scripts in /lua/autorun/, which means they will be loaded automatically without any involvement of the gamemode. I believe you could override TTT code in that way.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #293 on: September 22, 2009, 08:38:16 PM »

Well, I dunno, I wasn't getting ANY damage with it. Might've just been a weird bug or something.

Soduka
Poster

« Reply #294 on: September 22, 2009, 09:24:06 PM »

I have just one weapon request, though it is difficult and we don't have the materials for it. :(

I want a silent AND deadly melee weapon, a syringe filled with poison. Get behind someone, dead.
Flaming Monkey
Poster

« Reply #295 on: September 22, 2009, 10:16:28 PM »

It'd be better if when you stuck a victim with it it'd take a couple of seconds to take affect.  When the poison starts affecting the victim, the victim gradually takes increasing amounts of damage until he is dead.  The victim also wouldn't be able to tell he had been poisoned until the affects start.

It'd be kinda like a slow painful version of the spy back stab.

link=topic=4658.msg385943#msg385943 date=1277847751]
And I Marauder. Me scared big bright in sky, it make hot.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #296 on: September 23, 2009, 01:01:55 AM »

goddamn I was traitor twice in a row and both times my team sucked

Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #297 on: September 23, 2009, 01:19:05 AM »

I got tratior and I beat secone to death with the crowbar while he typed "SHADOIW" as fast as he could but his team ignored his puny text.

Then my net died.

I got innocent and managed to kill traitor without taking a single point of damage.

Then my net died.

>:-(

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #298 on: September 23, 2009, 02:01:10 AM »

Quality of play is seriously lacking tonight. The 12-year-old named "brother hood of the steel Knight" is better than 75% of the server. Random DMing is like a fucking rite of passage these days.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #299 on: September 23, 2009, 07:14:31 AM »

I have just one weapon request, though it is difficult and we don't have the materials for it. :(

I want a silent AND deadly melee weapon, a syringe filled with poison. Get behind someone, dead.

Would the main difference between this and some of the other silent melee weapon proposals be that this one is single use? Because that wouldn't be a bad idea.

I will post later today or tomorrow about some of my ideas with regards to traitor-only equipment (how it will work and what some of the equipment will be).
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length