Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:19:43 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699463 times)
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #260 on: September 21, 2009, 02:23:34 PM »

Still have not updated your first post with newest version, got confused by that one.
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #261 on: September 21, 2009, 02:42:08 PM »

I thought this was some separate Lua thing but it looks like it's built into gmod and should be easy to add. Next version will probably have it.

well, i'm not sure if the server hosters will like that, since it blocks all their custom lua files. It's the job of the server owners to take care about that.

I think it would be also a good idea, if the screen turns pitch black after you get killed for like 5 seconds, so that you really don't know who killed you, if the traitor did it right.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #262 on: September 21, 2009, 02:47:36 PM »

Still have not updated your first post with newest version, got confused by that one.

Forgot about that. Fixed.

well, i'm not sure if the server hosters will like that, since it blocks all their custom lua files. It's the job of the server owners to take care about that.

True. I could put an example clientscripts.txt in the zip so they could easily enable it though.

Of interest to server admins: http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=ScriptEnforcer
Not a Rapist
Poster

Still not convicted...

« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2009, 04:15:39 PM »

Is there any chance you could put in a spectator system like most source games, as in left click snaps you to a player and right click lets you free-search? It's pretty boring as spectator going around trying to find people.

While we are creating this mod to create something fun to play, making people here angry is a welcome side effect.
<br />
Then you'll be banned.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #264 on: September 21, 2009, 05:02:29 PM »

Question about mapping, I setup SDK for HL1 and the TTT.fdg correct?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #265 on: September 21, 2009, 05:21:15 PM »

Is there any chance you could put in a spectator system like most source games, as in left click snaps you to a player and right click lets you free-search? It's pretty boring as spectator going around trying to find people.

Yeah, having to search annoys me as well. I'll put it on the list.

Question about mapping, I setup SDK for HL1 and the TTT.fdg correct?

HL1? It needs to be a Source game, preferably an Orange Box one. Ep2 worked well for me if you have that, although you can't use Ep2 specific models. If Garry's Mod is in the list, that would be a good choice too. CS:S most likely works as well, and perhaps gets you easier access to the CS:S textures and models that will actually work, unlike the Ep2 stuff. Of course with CS:S you'll be on the older, pre-Orangebox version of Hammer. You could ask some of the creators of TTT maps what they use.

Whichever base game/configuration you have, you then add the TTT fgd, yes.
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #266 on: September 21, 2009, 07:21:36 PM »

thissss

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #267 on: September 21, 2009, 07:34:27 PM »

Agreed it would be a nice addition.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #268 on: September 21, 2009, 07:35:05 PM »

Agreed it would be a nice addition.

And an arcade machine for when the players are being dull

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #269 on: September 21, 2009, 08:14:24 PM »

Inbuilt tictactoe would be winrar!

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #270 on: September 21, 2009, 08:52:44 PM »

Please don't waste time implementing a stupid punishment system. I don't want to defend myself, kill someone who's planting bombs/etc, or some other justified action and be punished for it. Leaving it up to the discretion of the server admins is the best idea.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #271 on: September 21, 2009, 09:01:36 PM »

I agree with Rotinaj. Players always find a way of punishing other players. For example, player A shoots player B.
Player B now shoots back and kills player A, player A punishes player B for killing him which of course would be unjust.
The only way around this would be to detect what person shot first, and if the person shot first he could not punish the other player.

Finding a proper solution to this is going to be troublesome to say the least. The only thing that I somewhat liked was the jail system in parasite, which basically teleported a player if he killed an innocent into jail. Needles to say traitors are excluded from this and the jail in parasite has to be opened by another player in order to let you out. The only downside to a jail system would be that this system would only work on TTT maps.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:02:44 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Flaming Monkey
Poster

« Reply #272 on: September 21, 2009, 09:36:34 PM »

I agree with Rotinaj.

link=topic=4658.msg385943#msg385943 date=1277847751]
And I Marauder. Me scared big bright in sky, it make hot.
Dinner
Poster

The Harlem Globetrotters: Fashion World Tour

« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2009, 09:41:38 PM »

Yeah, team killing is something that's just too situational for an automatic system.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2009, 10:34:52 PM »

I still think my strike system is prime. Get 1 strike for killing an innocent, lose 1 strike per round, 3 strikes before you pass up a round. I'm sorry, but if not being able to kill 2 innocents per round is an issue for you, I don't care. Innocents randomly killing with nothing going for their action other than "a feeling" is on the rise, and with nothing to stop this AND more and more pubbies who don't care, the problem's only going to get worse. We need something to dissuade people from killing at random, for the sake of the killers AND the innocents.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2009, 10:36:23 PM »

Admins? I mean, Neotokyo has a built in protection system.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2009, 10:43:18 PM »

Once again, Neotokyo failed for many other reasons, including up not limited to:

[li]
    Horrible gameplay.
    [/li]
    [li]Developers attracting hardcore trolls.[/li]
    [li]Nobody caring.[/li]
    [li]Rotinaj throwing nades.[/li]

It's unfair to say that implementing anti-troll systems will never work because NeoTokyo implemented anti-troll systems and NeoTokyo isn't very good. Admins, while obviously being the best option by far, aren't always around, especially as more servers and pubbies pick up the game.

So a system which punishes in a manner in which most observant admins would anyway is definitely an efficient alternate. The system needs a bit more work obviously, such as not adding strikes if you're killing someone who attacked you, but it's way better than nothing.

Remember, the idea of the system isn't to punish actively, it's to dissuade people from killing nigh-randomly. Admins are better, albeit they can't see everything (fuck, you can't even lock onto people), but it's best when they have to deal with the problem less.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 10:47:21 PM by Ajunk »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2009, 10:44:08 PM »

Since nobody seems to care, i'll say it again.
The decals (and the impactsounds as well as the effects) of the crowbar are completely messed up. Watch for yourself:

Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #278 on: September 21, 2009, 10:45:01 PM »

Once again, Neotokyo failed for many other reasons, including up not limited to:

[li]
    Horrible gameplay.
    [/li]
    [li]Developers attracting hardcore trolls.[/li]
    [li]Nobody caring.[/li]
    [li]Rotinaj throwing nades[/li]

sorry I recently rewatched that video and I had to

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #279 on: September 21, 2009, 10:46:01 PM »

Since nobody seems to care, i'll say it again.
The decals (and the impactsounds as well as the effects) of the crowbar are completely messed up. Watch for yourself:

I played on the latest version and I never got that, I'll check again though

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length