Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:50:25 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: VGUI Issues.
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: VGUI Issues.  (Read 16336 times)
Anonymous
Poster

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 12:28:22 PM »

I don't comment mine purely so I force myself to memorise/learn it.

sniperduck
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 04:06:54 PM »

I don't comment mine purely so I force myself to memorise/learn it.

commenting is not for learning yourself, it is for helping others understand what you are doing in a certain part of code. Also it is used for remembering what you had done before.

But how you do it is up too you.

Overtime these forums have made me an asshole. ;D (TTT subforum)
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: <COMING SOON>
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 10:34:06 PM »

Commenting is mostly for others but also for yourself, just a quick reminder of what each bit of code does, larger projects require such things because well as it stands its large and you might be going between that and something else making the retaining of certain information somewhat difficult over long periods of time.

I believe that there is a story that my lecturer tells in university that a woman was working on something (not important) but it would change the world (didn't say it was real) she spent months coding it but about 80% the way through she ran out of money to support her coding for months to finish the project. So she went to work to get the money, once she came back to finish her work none of her code made sense to her and she couldn't complete her work because she didn't comment her code. (much more fun when told to you in a stylish fashion with a simple point COMMENT YOUR CODE!!!)

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Pages: 1 [2]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: VGUI Issues. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length