Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:56:07 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Synyster Gaming Custom & Vanilla TTT Server
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Synyster Gaming Custom & Vanilla TTT Server  (Read 28330 times)
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« on: December 04, 2011, 04:31:52 AM »

Server IPs:
Vanillia: Synystergaming.com:27015
Custom: Synystergaming.com:27016
TeamSpeak 3 IP: 75.102.38.7:10001
Forums: http://www.SynysterGaming.com/

Synyster Gaming TTT server gameplay is designed to as balanced as possible while still remaining true to the gamemode. A lot of veterans opinions went into tweaking weapons as well as adding them before we released this so we hope the TTT community enjoys!

Several Weapon modifications have been incorporated into the server to make sure each weapon has a unique niche. The M16 (M4-A1) has gotten it's recoil reduced and the MAC 10's has been increased, provided before these two had very off-key recoils. The Shotguns fire rate was also slightly boosted and it's damage brought down a tad, a commonly suggested tweak.

As well as tweaking existing weapons we also added three common custom weapons to even things out:

[li]Benelli M3 Shotgun[/li]
    [li]P228[/li]
    [li]P90[/li]

To keep the game interesting we do use Haste Mode. This also prevents rounds from dragging on and annoying players. We do not have a drain limit for mic's simply because this is annoying for players and can sometimes detract, rather than add to gameplay.

We do have a well defined set of rules and do plan on enforcing them effectively.

Do not RDM. (Kill players with no reason or evidence)
Random Firing, Prop-Pushing/Killing is considered traitorous.
Please be respectful to all players and admins.
Do not troll or grief. This includes destroying a traitor tester when an innocent.
Do not randomly call out players.
As an innocent spectator, do not mess with cades or kill players with props.
No children under 16 may use the mic.
Must speak English to use the mic.
Do not sing or hum in the mic.
No unreadable names.
Do not argue with admins.
Do not prop flip or surf.
Advertising other servers or communities will get you permanently banned.
If you plant C4 as an innocent and kill a fellow innocent, you will be banned for one (1) hour.
You may only claim rooms during hastemode.

We are a new community so new members are always welcome!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:33:42 PM by nrich588 »
Anonymous
Poster

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 01:05:23 PM »

Might come see it :)

EDIT: You say you have 2 custom weapons, where you have stated three :P

sniperduck
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 02:31:08 PM »

Unimpressed. The mods arnt anything special, however ill play sometime too see how it all actually affects gameplay.

Overtime these forums have made me an asshole. ;D (TTT subforum)
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: <COMING SOON>
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 05:48:41 PM »

At least I can spell...

Why mod a game that is already near balanced, I've seen servers with headcrab artillery, they simply ruin the gameplay by adding too much customization which really adds nothing to the gameplay just gives people more firepower and unbalances the game.

EDIT:
Fixed it so it says 'three'. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:53:07 PM by nrich588 »
Emo Panda
Poster

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 08:12:16 PM »

Sounds like another shitty TTT server with a slew of fascist-like rules.
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 08:19:49 PM »

Don't be rude :p
WSW
Poster

Something Old, Something New

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 08:30:15 PM »

Those look like normal and common TTT rules to me.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 09:13:19 PM »

These rules seem pretty normal to me.  They're the type of rules that keep the game going smoothly, as rules should be designed for.
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »

Yeah you can't RDM, that's pretty fascist. Do you play on sG servers?
sniperduck
Poster

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 03:56:06 AM »

At least I can spell...

Why mod a game that is already near balanced, I've seen servers with headcrab artillery, they simply ruin the gameplay by adding too much customization which really adds nothing to the gameplay just gives people more firepower and unbalances the game.

EDIT:
Fixed it so it says 'three'. Thanks.

headcrab artillery adds a strategic effect.

On a side note:

Nate please stop making servers, this is try number three. Either stick with your current one or stop, you basically make a new community whenever your old one dies.. even if it wasn't that alive in the first place. As for the mods on your servers they are all basically the same just less of them. Changing a name on something dosnt make it new, stop making 'new' communities and run your old ones. A little tip - if you want your server populated, then sit in it and populate it by inviting people. Dont expect it too magically be filled ( i know you try but man dont sit their and hope it fills either.)

I know this was blunt but it needed to be said seeing as you've had 3 communities within the last 4-6 months, each one disappearing within a month.

nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 04:14:57 AM »

Sniper shut up, I'll do what I want got a problem? I don't care.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:48:20 AM by nrich588 »
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 04:16:52 AM »

These rules seem pretty normal to me.  They're the type of rules that keep the game going smoothly, as rules should be designed for.

Most of these changes were suggested by you. So far no gun seems to dominate all ranges, providing a niche, thanks for the help.
WSW
Poster

Something Old, Something New

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 12:23:31 PM »

headcrab artillery adds a strategic effect.

I just want to add here without taking part to Nirch's communities argument, that just because a weapon adds strategic element, doesn't mean it is not terrible custom.
Emo Panda
Poster

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 04:46:04 PM »

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Someone is disagreeing with me so I'll just tell him off cuz I'm a faggot who can't take constructive criticism!

Dude if you burned through 3 communities, then there's something seriously wrong on your part. Either you're an asshole and everyone got sick of your shit, or you can't run a server properly(i.e. make good rules, have a leash on your admins or even bring anything interesting to the table.) You, and/or the other people around you can't run a fun and decent server, then don't try anymore.

On a side-note, the only good thing I noticed was the draining mic.
SovietX
Poster

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »

Hey bud, figured I'd throw my two cents in on this conversation. The great debate of custom weaponry vs. Vanilla.... Generally servers with custom weaponry generate more players. However this is true that it can cause balance issues within the game but, if done right can be add refreshing elements to game play. Thou, I think the nice thing about vanilla servers is you already know what the weapons are and you don't have to learn anything new or deal with OP shit but, if you are looking to get more players friend I would say generally going custom would be better.

Be the best by any means necessary
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 08:41:20 PM »

Emo, two of my bestfriends died, my families been ripped apart, I'm sorry family and friends come before a video game. I'm not sure if that's how you run your life but that's how I run mine, now please may we get back on topic.

Soviet, I'm not really into selling-out, I just want to offer something not common in the TTT community. A bridge between SniperDucks Custom Server and ECG's Vanilla servers.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:47:07 PM by nrich588 »
Anonymous
Poster

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »

If you need anything 'Nate' if that is your real name (Thanks Sniperduck)

Give me a shout or a PM.

nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 08:09:51 PM »

Yep my names Nate. and thanks, the reason I don't like headcrab artillery is it seems to HL2ish.
Anonymous
Poster

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 09:19:37 PM »

And really pointlessly annoying when people use it on Indoor maps, such as on Whitehouse or in a room on Richland.

sniperduck
Poster

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 10:04:48 PM »

Personally I like it because it gives me an extra tactis too use. While it is useless on maps that are indoors the description usually says that you cant use it indoors so you wont buy it then. It is usualy best used too block doors > locking people insode for you too c4 or for making a distraction.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Synyster Gaming Custom & Vanilla TTT Server « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length