Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:42:16 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Release] ttt_plaza_b6
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Release] ttt_plaza_b6  (Read 10782 times)
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« on: November 27, 2011, 05:15:18 AM »

Fixed this up some more. Had to delete a large portion of the map and recreate it properly. Won't be any crashes anymore (other than bad inline, which affects ~5% of people, working on that).

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=126715

Welcome to the town plaza. We have radios that traitors can telepathically explode, freezers where we lock up naughty people, and a holy machine that turns bodies into sacred watermelons. There is no way out of town, so you will never escape!

Changelog:

- Fixed 90% of crashes.
- Completed map, added a skybox
- More optimisation

Features:

- Melon machine
- Explodable radios
- Very detailed
- High FPS
- Plenty of room for a full server
- Rearm script not required

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/shifty_pete
sniperduck
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 02:46:45 PM »

Shifty, did I ever tell you that you are my favorite mapper? Well... You're my favorite mapper. Your maps are always so detailed and nice looking, and fun to play on.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:48:40 PM by sniperduck »

Overtime these forums have made me an asshole. ;D (TTT subforum)
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: <COMING SOON>
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 03:18:20 PM »

Thanks sniperduck. Most people I meet prefer to troll and bad-mouth my maps at the first vague mention, it's good to have people who truly enjoy them. Thanks.

Would you have any suggestions? I'm short on ideas for maps.

WSW
Poster

Something Old, Something New

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 05:39:29 PM »

My little detail wise feedback is:

Why is there graffiti all the way to the top of the building? It doesn't make much sense and sometimes plain wall is better considering you got big sunset giving the mood for that part of the map.
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 01:33:40 AM »

1. The wall looked too repetetive
2. I've seen graffiti in stranger places IRL

BipolarDiZ
Poster

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 03:07:53 AM »

I like the graffiti. Gives the wall something more than just a wall. With that said I like in Vegas and we have graffiti in much weirder spots and most of them impossibly hard to get to. Some take some real parkour shit to get.

BipolarDiZ is bipolar.
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27015
|:NxS:| Fretta: currently offline
Willdy
Poster

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 04:54:49 PM »

Since you have only managed to get NxS owners to reply, I decided I would reply :D

Considering adding this map to my server, gonna check it out in SP now :D
BipolarDiZ
Poster

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 07:43:04 AM »

A friend of mine found a glitch, not sure of the replication of it because we could only get it to happen twice but while Inno if you mess with the radio that explodes enough it will indeed explode. Not sure if it was just us being stupid. Will update this if I find anything more conclusive.

BipolarDiZ is bipolar.
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27015
|:NxS:| Fretta: currently offline
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 10:04:06 AM »

The traitor button to explode the radios are inside the radios themselves, so if a traitor is trying to toggle the music, they might accidentally blow themselves up in the process.

SovietX
Poster

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 02:33:34 PM »

Shifty you went balls to the wall with this map it looks simply amazing nice work.

Be the best by any means necessary
Anonymous
Poster

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 10:13:53 AM »

Shifty, I just, I . I <3 your maps! :D

bungletrpg
Poster

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 10:26:33 PM »

Shifty, much thanks on this great map. I tried it on my server last night, but I had a problem with it.
While some players were downloading it, they crashed with an "Bad Inline Model" and I lost almost half the players.
Do you know what this is? I unfortunately can't use it until this is fixed... and this is the only map I have this problem with.
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 11:31:27 PM »

This map is on my server, I like it alot. Goodjob making it.
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 04:15:59 AM »

Shifty, much thanks on this great map. I tried it on my server last night, but I had a problem with it.
While some players were downloading it, they crashed with an "Bad Inline Model" and I lost almost half the players.
Do you know what this is? I unfortunately can't use it until this is fixed... and this is the only map I have this problem with.

I've had the 'bad inline model' problem since the first compile. It's frustrating, there's no documentation anywhere on what could cause or fix it.

From my own experience, I believe it is caused by off-grid brushes, sloppy mapping, bad visleafs, etc. I honestly didn't think of optimisation when I was first making the map, but I've worked hard on fixing it lately in the beta versions. It seems to affect some people more than others, especially people with not-so-great computers. Remember, in the first versions of the map, around 90% of people would crash with bad inline, but in b6 it's only around 5 or 10%.

If what you're saying is true, and you lost half of the server to bad inline, I'd like to know some details to possibly help me get rid of the 'bad inline' problem. How many players did you have before the map change, and how many after? What kind of content did you have on the server? Anything else I might like to know?

Finally, to all of you who enjoy the map, thank you. I appreciate it.

bungletrpg
Poster

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »

My server was full at 20/20 when I switched to plaza_b6. About 11-12 were left after. I think 5 or 6 of those that left got that problem. A couple of the players that complained to me about were able to connect after crashing twice. I don't really have custom content on the server other than the suicide bomb... and I run ULX admin mod, if that helps.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Release] ttt_plaza_b6 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length