Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:46:54 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: TTT Server Suggestions
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TTT Server Suggestions  (Read 5577 times)
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« on: October 30, 2011, 06:07:40 AM »

I am thinking about (again) starting a TTT server, but I am unsure what playing style I should incorporate. I wish to be original (as not to steal players from other servers) but well established. Sorry if my description is vague. I have several custom weapons (list at bottom) and some custom scripts that enhance gameplay a bit I guess. I also can make maps so hopefully all that can make a unique and original server. Any help would be great.

Custom SWeps:
Galil SAR, Steyr AUG, AWP, MP5N, TMP, G3A3, Jihad Bomb, M3 Shotgun.

Anonymous
Poster

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:49:15 AM »

Stolen, Stolen, Stolen, Stolen, stolen, Stolen, Stolen and Stolen...

They are widely used weapons with slightly altered names....

nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 04:10:00 AM »

Anonymous shut up please. Your a fucking troll. I wanted an intelligent opinion not your stupid fucking responses. They're not stolen there's about nine hundred fucking variations of those guns. ARE YOU AUTISTIC?! Please BKU ban this mother fucker before I fucking bury him. No one likes you on this forum, you've been banned for a week for being a dumbass. How did I steal a gun when I opened up note pad and typed the whole page of code????? Dumb plug.
xbooster
Poster

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 07:55:18 AM »

You could help me work on my project :P
Got server running on my Debian dedi with 100mbps uplink port...
I wanna make something special, own costum weapons etc..
Cush
Poster

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 05:01:52 PM »

Dont mean to bursty any bubbles, but custom weapons and stuff isnt really going to make any server anything special, it takes 5 minutes to join someone elses server and take the lua for all of their custom guns. If you dont have a good coder that will make bespoke scripts unique to the server then you are going to have a hard time getting any really decent custom content.

TTT is TTT at the end of the day, if you buy a good enough server (Not with a cheap ass provider that is run by 15 year olds who overload the box and it lags out at peak times), have decent rules/admins then people will come back to play. There are plenty of people that will just join any server that has a good amount of people in, but there is a lot of competition between TTT servers for players as well, and people are blindly loyal to the one they regularly play on (We get loads of members from other communities with TTT servers that come into our server and ghost/rdm)
sniperduck
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 06:48:34 PM »

Dont mean to bursty any bubbles, but custom weapons and stuff isnt really going to make any server anything special, it takes 5 minutes to join someone elses server and take the lua for all of their custom guns. If you dont have a good coder that will make bespoke scripts unique to the server then you are going to have a hard time getting any really decent custom content.

TTT is TTT at the end of the day, if you buy a good enough server (Not with a cheap ass provider that is run by 15 year olds who overload the box and it lags out at peak times), have decent rules/admins then people will come back to play. There are plenty of people that will just join any server that has a good amount of people in, but there is a lot of competition between TTT servers for players as well, and people are blindly loyal to the one they regularly play on (We get loads of members from other communities with TTT servers that come into our server and ghost/rdm)

Some people like custom content even if they have seen it a millions times, sometimes the same old custom stuff + a good community is all you need

@nrich- I agree
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:50:09 PM by sniperduck »

Overtime these forums have made me an asshole. ;D (TTT subforum)
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: <COMING SOON>
Cush
Poster

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »

Some people like custom content even if they have seen it a millions times, sometimes the same old custom stuff + a good community is all you need

@nrich- I agree

Not saying custom content shouldn't be used at all, just it isnt gonna give his server some unique spin on gameplay like it seems he wants in OP.
KingLinkTiger
Poster

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 10:16:43 PM »

Around here there are a lot of people who down server admins who use tons of custom content. As a TTT player I enjoy going on a server that has a new weapon that I have never seen/used before. It gives me a reason to want to go to their server and try out the weapon and see how it is. On the NxS server I really liked the change in the vgui, getting to see something new rather than the default TTT vgui was a treat and may in fact even be an incentive to come to their server.
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 07:41:19 PM »

I don't think It matters what the custom weapons are. Just what do they add to the gameplay. What is lacking in TTT Vanilla weapon-wise?
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: TTT Server Suggestions « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length