Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:22:10 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Your favorite style of TTT server?
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Your favorite style of TTT server?  (Read 11444 times)
Chrik
Poster

Owner Of SLAGaming.net Community

« on: August 16, 2011, 10:48:50 AM »

What is your favorite style of TTT server?

Personally i enjoy servers with not overpowered weapons and admins who are mature.

I enjoy customized weapons and such.

The way the server focus on the traitors is important.
I like when the traitors must be sneaky, maybe loud but sneaky, making innocents attack each other and such.
I also like when equipment got more than 1 feature. (Newton Launchers can throw knives and grenades if you have one, Binoculars can place cameras for the detective to see through and such.)

This was just an example of my favorite style of TTT.
What is yours? :D

TTT #1: 109.70.148.68:27015
TTT #2: 109.70.148.68:27018

TTT servers with a Hats/Models Shop, achievements, highscores and more!
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:15:33 PM »

Mild Customization, mostly given to everyone as to not hinder the gameplay.
Willdy
Poster

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:50:21 PM »

Hey Chrik, not sure if you remember me.. We spoke a while ago, but wasn't what you described your server in 3 lines? :P
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 09:47:59 AM »

Vanilla.  Low tolerance for screwing around (random call-outs, ghosting, baiting, spam, killing AFKs, etc).  Most settings default; no voice drain or experimental convars, telefrags on, karma persistent, haste mode on, detectives should not get credits automatically for killing traitors (or for having them killed in general...but I would not mind if they got a credit after checking the body and having killed them) and vice-versa (for detectives it limits the need for checking the corpse, but for both it's just overkill), slightly extended preptime and posttime (for figuring things out), definitely no postround DM (it's just distracting), no grenades during preptime (it can ruin rounds), slightly extended magneto stick range for picking up weapons, no prop possession (it is generally either annoying or is used for ghosting).  Maximum playercount anywhere from twelve to sixteen.

A very small change that would greatly aid the vanilla experience is to give the detective two starting credits and to make the armor optional.  I do not mind custom weapons or even custom equipment provided the changes both add to the game and are fairly balanced.  I do not feel that the instakill knife or suicide bomb accomplish either.
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 10:45:49 AM »

Why does a knife to the foot kill someone instantly, but a burst of 5.56mm Nato rounds to the chest not? May consider adding a realism update now that I think. Will try in a 'beta' server first to test play ability.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 03:09:14 PM »

Because in this case fun>realism. But anyway, a knife doesn't instakill anymore.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 08:21:32 PM »

Because in this case fun>realism. But anyway, a knife doesn't instakill anymore.

He's not talking about vanilla servers.  I don't know if you've played TTT over the last few months or not, but it seems that 80% or greater of all populated servers at any given time use an instakill knife.

I also fail to see the fun in having to sit out a round because someone got too close and you were prohibited (under the rules) from returning fire.  That's usually what ends up happening.  Don't bother saying anything like "You should be faster," or "Don't let him get close next time."  I'm not referring to myself (barely ever play modded knife servers, and when I do, I kill just about anyone that gets close) as much as I am the mediocre innocents that are needlessly killed without any chance to return fire.  That's what it comes down to: If you are not an amazing innocent and the traitor is not absolutely terrible, you will probably die when the traitor decides to go through with the knife.

Of course, this is all hardly relevant anyways, as I play vanilla.  It's still painful to play on custom servers in which the innocents are annihilated because the traitors have no sense of decency, and then I have to step up as last inno and kill them all.
SovietX
Poster

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 11:06:07 PM »

My take on it is old school and hardcore TTT fans like Vanilla but, mainstream casual players like Custom.

Be the best by any means necessary
sniperduck
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 11:10:20 PM »

I personally  like custom because it makes things more interesting, but vanilla is also fun.

Overtime these forums have made me an asshole. ;D (TTT subforum)
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: <COMING SOON>
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 04:09:10 AM »

It's all about the players you want, when you go vanilla you will usually get the original and or experienced TTT players and MOSTLY seem more matured but you will also get somewhat less players, now on the other hand if go with custom you will probably get all of the new players who are MOSTLY below the age of 15, immature, annoying, and don't know the mechanics of the game, but you will also probably get more players then standard too.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 08:58:08 AM »

I like vanilla servers because I know what to expect. If I join a custom I have to learn the new guns or everything is overpowered and stupid (ie sucide bomb). Vanilla servers I already know everything is balanced and how to use everything. And like that guy said there's more mature players in vanilla, rather then a lot of kids looking for gimmick weapons or server owners making donators over powered. Also often times custom server have very high max player counts which makes everything a clusterfuck.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Emo Panda
Poster

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »

It's all about the players you want, when you go vanilla you will usually get the original and or experienced TTT players and MOSTLY seem more matured but you will also get somewhat less players, now on the other hand if go with custom you will probably get all of the new players who are MOSTLY below the age of 15, immature, annoying, and don't know the mechanics of the game, but you will also probably get more players then standard too.

I like vanilla servers because I know what to expect. If I join a custom I have to learn the new guns or everything is overpowered and stupid (ie sucide bomb). Vanilla servers I already know everything is balanced and how to use everything. And like that guy said there's more mature players in vanilla, rather then a lot of kids looking for gimmick weapons or server owners making donators over powered. Also often times custom server have very high max player counts which makes everything a clusterfuck.

Ditto what both these guys said. That being said, I've been on a FEW custom TTT servers with very little changes from vanilla that I thoroughly enjoyed. But yea, my greatest pet peeves are the huge server population(32 players? WTF?) and the immature players who lose karma as fast as possible. The large number of players make it almost impossible as a traitor to ACTUALLY win a round.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 03:02:04 AM »

I love ECG servers because their populated and vanilla.

Too bad I'm permabanned.
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 03:07:28 AM »

^derp. Don't come to mine please...
Emo Panda
Poster

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 06:24:28 AM »

^derp. Don't come to mine please...

Wow what an asshole kind of way to treat a potential new player? Have you ever thought that he's a changed player or was banned under unfair circumstances? Seriously I feel like punching you in the face right now!
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 09:20:22 PM »

Handy Man doesn't hand out perma bans lightly, so I am assuming it was something serious. Threatening me makes me feel more comfortable with you as well.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 09:20:29 PM »

ECG generally has 5 bans until perma unless you fuck up really bad (e.g. hacking, ghosting)

Source: playing on ECG for 11 months.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 04:15:36 AM »

ECG generally has 5 bans until perma unless you fuck up really bad (e.g. hacking, ghosting)

Source: playing on ECG for 11 months.

Basically this you get about 5 chances possibly more depending upon circumstances but yeah idk if your unban request failed then it failed unfortunate im sure there are other vanilla servers out there that get popular enough to play. (if not there are plenty "vanilla" one hit knife servers)

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 04:36:01 AM »

Basically this you get about 5 chances possibly more depending upon circumstances but yeah idk if your unban request failed then it failed unfortunate

Don't forget the automatic permanent ban you get upon joining if you have a VAC ban on any game.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 05:00:11 AM »

Don't forget the automatic permanent ban you get upon joining if you have a VAC ban on any game.

Well thats nothing to do with myself its sort of always been there and only applies to getting vac banned from source games (yes you are still banned but an appeal will let you be unbanned for nothing if this is the case)

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Your favorite style of TTT server? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length