Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:24:18 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: sG | Trouble in Terroist Town
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: sG | Trouble in Terroist Town  (Read 11487 times)
blob
Poster

« on: July 31, 2011, 12:03:54 AM »

Hey guys,

I've posted on here before, but I help run this server and would love to see you guys on there. It used to be one of the top 10 GMod Servers on GameTracker, but declined since we moved servers. The custom sweps are low, and we have great player and admins which is how we got to the top 10.

ip: 64.31.26.107:27015 or ttt.joinsg.net

Let me know if you have any problems with the server or players.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 12:44:42 AM »

This is the shortest advertisement I've seen in awhile.
blob
Poster

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 01:17:32 AM »

No one likes to read.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 09:03:50 AM »

No one likes to read.

Or you're just lazy?
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 09:05:33 AM »

Most convincing, faggy advert I have ever seen.

If It was just an IP I would join in seconds.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 09:37:55 AM »

You sell admin so naturally great admins isn't going to be a reality, i have not looked into it but if you can only buy admin i would say fail overall on that point, also i don't remember you being in the top 10 of gametracker not that it really matters but you do make that point allot even though its irrelevant.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
blob
Poster

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 02:37:04 PM »

Or you're just lazy?

That could be it. Will not confirm or deny that sta

You sell admin so naturally great admins isn't going to be a reality, i have not looked into it but if you can only buy admin i would say fail overall on that point, also i don't remember you being in the top 10 of gametracker not that it really matters but you do make that point allot even though its irrelevant.

We don't sell any admin for our GMod servers. All admins are handpicked and voted on by the community.

Most convincing, faggy advert I have ever seen.

If It was just an IP I would join in seconds.

At least I was convincing.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 06:29:26 PM »

Why don't you at least tell us the basics?  Is it vanilla?  If not, what custom stuff do you have?  How do you define and handle RDM?  Any unusual convar values?  Rules?  Is there anything--besides your supposed great players and admins--that differentiates this server from your average modded knife server made to appeal to 12 year olds?  Is the supposed top ten status supposed to mean anything; am I supposed to know this name?  If I have played on it, it must not have been particularly memorable.

So please, why don't you take the time to tell me if this server is worth joining so I can either blacklist it (as most servers advertised on here are for me; they usually point out just how custom it all is) or favorite it and give it a go sometime?
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 07:45:24 PM »

Wait a second you don't sell admin? so when i look at your website and see a big old nav bar link that says "purchase admin" i guess i am mistaken what this means. http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/forum.php

admittedly i have not got and account so can not view the details of this on the website (i could make an account but too lazy / don't want spam) but it clearly says purchase admin, you do also run many other servers but why would you have purchase admin in one mod/ game and not the next...

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
blob
Poster

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 07:41:31 AM »

Why don't you at least tell us the basics?  Is it vanilla?  If not, what custom stuff do you have?  How do you define and handle RDM?  Any unusual convar values?  Rules?  Is there anything--besides your supposed great players and admins--that differentiates this server from your average modded knife server made to appeal to 12 year olds?  Is the supposed top ten status supposed to mean anything; am I supposed to know this name?  If I have played on it, it must not have been particularly memorable.

So please, why don't you take the time to tell me if this server is worth joining so I can either blacklist it (as most servers advertised on here are for me; they usually point out just how custom it all is) or favorite it and give it a go sometime?

Modded, barely. 1 hit knife, AK47, AUG. TMP for traitors, AWP for detectives. 24 slots.
RDM = any kill without legitimate proof. Legitimate proof = seeing the kill, seeing traitor weapon, not attacking a known traitor, not IDing a body, other things
sv_gravity at 600.
Rules. http://motd.syndicate-servers.net/pages/server-rules/gmod-ttt.php
^^Also includes really bad covers of songs that somehow pertain to TTT.
Top 10 status means what you want it to mean. To get top 10 in 6 months (started in January) with barely any custom content means there was something else attracting players to the server. I believe it was the players and the admins, but what do I know.

Wait a second you don't sell admin? so when i look at your website and see a big old nav bar link that says "purchase admin" i guess i am mistaken what this means. http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/forum.php

admittedly i have not got and account so can not view the details of this on the website (i could make an account but too lazy / don't want spam) but it clearly says purchase admin, you do also run many other servers but why would you have purchase admin in one mod/ game and not the next...

Our CSS servers are seperate from GMOD, no purchasable admin for the GMOD servers. Only a 'supporter' package with a reserved slot, spawn with MP5/deagle (mp5 is supporter only, but is balanced with all other weapons), and unlimited voice chat.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 02:36:51 PM »

You were never in the top 10. Unless you mean top 10 TTT servers, which is plausible but not what you said.

The top 10 is heavily reliant on both "slot number" and "popularity". It is impossible for a 20 slot server with 100% popularity to be top, If there is a 40 slot RP server with over 50% popularity. That is why TTT servers do not get in the top 10 unless they have an obscene amount of slots, no matter how popular they might be.

Take bullshit elsewhere?
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 03:36:53 PM »

You were never in the top 10. Unless you mean top 10 TTT servers, which is plausible but not what you said.

The top 10 is heavily reliant on both "slot number" and "popularity". It is impossible for a 20 slot server with 100% popularity to be top, If there is a 40 slot RP server with over 50% popularity. That is why TTT servers do not get in the top 10 unless they have an obscene amount of slots, no matter how popular they might be.

Take bullshit elsewhere?

Although i have already stated my opinion on the claim of them being in the top 10 at a previous state in time and the fact that it doesn't really matter, your statement regarding 20 slot servers never getting to the top 10 is apparently false based on what is currently # 4 in GT at 20 slots (not TTT) but: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/75.102.47.105:27015/ so i would say its possible but very unlikely.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 03:52:53 PM »

Although i have already stated my opinion on the claim of them being in the top 10 at a previous state in time and the fact that it doesn't really matter, your statement regarding 20 slot servers never getting to the top 10 is apparently false based on what is currently # 4 in GT at 20 slots (not TTT) but: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/75.102.47.105:27015/ so i would say its possible but very unlikely.

Please tell me where I said it was definitive impossible for a 20 slot server to get into the top 10?

It is very very unlikely and the example you have given is an erroneous result. It should not be that high on game tracker if you check the stats, daily, weekly or monthly. However as Game tracker has some funky measurements a new server can suddenly shoot to the top in error.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:58:17 PM by bigbadboo »
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 04:47:23 PM »

You guys should you know be useful once and not go off topic or post complete shit.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 06:23:29 PM »

I love how all of you are trying so hard to find blob's screw ups, but honestly no one cares if he's in the top 10 gmod servers or top 10 TTT servers. I think he posted all the info I needed.

Edit: Oh hey 600th post.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 06:37:20 PM »

"Modded, barely. 1 hit knife"

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »

Modded, barely. 1 hit knife, AK47, AUG. TMP for traitors, AWP for detectives. 24 slots.

There is a gigantic difference between run of the mill and barely modded.  Just because you guys are what everyone else is doesn't mean you're any closer to being true vanilla; the relative in terms of other servers has no bearing on the absolute.  This is what I would consider to be a heavily modded server, and before you say anything, I do know there is worse.
You guys should you know be useful once and not go off topic or post complete shit.

I see you're helping the topic.  I personally just find it aggravating that people come here to advertise their heavily custom servers.  If you look back at previous topics, no one ever cares about them besides their own community members.  It's not helping anyone.  I think most of the community here is looking for vanilla servers.  That's certainly what it looks like to me anyways.
I love how all of you are trying so hard to find blob's screw ups, but honestly no one cares if he's in the top 10 gmod servers or top 10 TTT servers. I think he posted all the info I needed.

Well, NOW he has, yes.  Now that I have requested that he actually post something informative instead of just "Yeah, we're cool, so join us!"
"Modded, barely. 1 hit knife"

My thoughts exactly.  Here's some constructive criticism for this server and the other 80 modded knife servers: The traitors don't NEED free, silent kills.  They really don't; all it generally does is make players have to sit out the round for letting someone too close (and shooting at people that get too close is generally against the rules on these kinds of servers because they're always all about the traitor's experience).  If you want the knife to kill in one hit, throw it from a good distance.  It's not even hard.  Alternatively, you could use GUNS.  Deagle, sniper, and shotgun can all kill in one shot.  Silenced pistol and M16 are really useful for quick kills, too, and the MAC-10 and HUGE can really mow people down.  Just develop some skill, and don't post any of this "But-but our community likes it!" crap, because it attracts the wrong kind of people, and it still is not balanced.
blob
Poster

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 09:32:52 PM »

Please tell me where I said it was definitive impossible for a 20 slot server to get into the top 10?

It is very very unlikely and the example you have given is an erroneous result. It should not be that high on game tracker if you check the stats, daily, weekly or monthly. However as Game tracker has some funky measurements a new server can suddenly shoot to the top in error.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/174.36.231.28:27015

Here is our old server, been closed for 2 months now. Not sure if you can check back stats, but highest over last month (when empty), is 68th.

Take a look at the graph on the right of server rank. http://cache.www.gametracker.com/images/graphs/server_rank.php?GSID=1201980 That might work.

All in all, you guys are really taking this too seriously, if you don't want to play, then don't. It's quite obvious that the people who would never join the server any way are the ones being arrogant in this topic. It's just a TTT server, the short, simple post was just to see if you guys wanted to check us out, that is all.

One mod to a vanilla weapon = barely. Compared to other servers, that is a YES. Compared to vanilla, I'm not sure.

Didn't expect to be lambasted posting this. :/
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 12:20:07 AM »

Well, NOW he has, yes.  Now that I have requested that he actually post something informative instead of just "Yeah, we're cool, so join us!

Well, I meant there was enough information for me as soon as I read "custom sweps" in the original post. That's just because I'm a hipster and try to play on only completely vanilla servers, but like I said that's all the information I needed to know.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
sniperduck
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 02:09:15 AM »

"I think most of the community here is looking for vanilla servers.  That's certainly what it looks like to me anyways."

Thats because alot of the people on these forums are from the earlier times of TTT meaning they are the guys who built up TTT to what it is today and made the decisions on the weapons.

Overtime these forums have made me an asshole. ;D (TTT subforum)
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: <COMING SOON>
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: sG | Trouble in Terroist Town « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length