Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:19:20 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: sG | Trouble in Terroist Town
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: sG | Trouble in Terroist Town  (Read 11482 times)
blob
Poster

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 02:33:18 AM »

"I think most of the community here is looking for vanilla servers.  That's certainly what it looks like to me anyways."

Thats because alot of the people on these forums are from the earlier times of TTT meaning they are the guys who built up TTT to what it is today and made the decisions on the weapons.

Remember when the knife was one hit kill on vanilla TTT?
sniperduck
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 02:59:14 AM »

Remember when the knife was one hit kill on vanilla TTT?

Yes.

Overtime these forums have made me an asshole. ;D (TTT subforum)
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: <COMING SOON>
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »

Remember when it was Merced because of how overpowered and skillless it was?

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 06:21:45 PM »

Didn't expect to be lambasted posting this. :/

Did you not read any of these other advertisements?  This is how most of them go.  Criticism is fine.  Don't worry about it; it isnt personal.
Thats because alot of the people on these forums are from the earlier times of TTT meaning they are the guys who built up TTT to what it is today and made the decisions on the weapons.

Sure, I guess.  I'm not really.  I've been playing for over a year, but not since it first came out.  I think a lot of it has to do with balance and usefulness, too.  Most custom servers that I've played on aren't as balanced as vanilla, and personally I value balance over being pure vanilla.
Well, I meant there was enough information for me as soon as I read "custom sweps" in the original post. That's just because I'm a hipster and try to play on only completely vanilla servers, but like I said that's all the information I needed to know.

If that's what you're looking for, sure.  I wanted more information, and I got most of what I wanted to know.
blob
Poster

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 10:22:52 PM »

Remember when it was Merced because of how overpowered and skillless it was?

As the player who, as an innocent, gets knifed 90% of all rounds, I can still sometimes kill a traitor coming at me with a knife, so I still don't see it as overpowered.
In a 24 man server, 6 are traitors, and if each of them get 6 knife kills without being spotted, there are still 12 players for them to kill.

Either way, the server is our community's, and any changes (within reason) that they want done will be done.

I've played TTT as long as some of the other people in this topic, and I still have had the most fun with whatever way our server is customized.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 12:50:53 AM »

As the player who, as an innocent, gets knifed 90% of all rounds, I can still sometimes kill a traitor coming at me with a knife, so I still don't see it as overpowered.
In a 24 man server, 6 are traitors, and if each of them get 6 knife kills without being spotted, there are still 12 players for them to kill.

Either way, the server is our community's, and any changes (within reason) that they want done will be done.

I've played TTT as long as some of the other people in this topic, and I still have had the most fun with whatever way our server is customized.

Best way to not be killed by the overpowered knife is to warn everyone that you will shoot them if they follow you or get too close.  It works wonders; traitors are almost always easy to read and it teaches innocents a lesson.  Despite the benefits f, most players hate being killed in such scenarios because they feel "owed" the kill.  That's what it comes down to.  I remember killing an admin a long time ago for following me into the gas station on Amsterdam.  The room was literally just big enough to hold two people; he had no reason to corner me in there as an innocent.  He was indeed a traitor.  Regardless, he kicked me for "RDM".

The fact of the matter is that if you don't wnat to be knifed, you either need to be lucky (traitor is slow enough after drawing to give you the opportunity to kill him/her; if the traitor allows this to happen he/she really screwed up) or take action before the draw.  Of course, best than that is to use the vanilla knife from the start.  Then the knife can be used to either finish a player, weaken players (yes, it can be used multiple times as long as it does not kill!), or kill them in one throw from a sufficient distance.
Pages: 1 [2]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: sG | Trouble in Terroist Town « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length