Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:50:52 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: HUGE balance [split from main thread]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: HUGE balance [split from main thread]  (Read 28631 times)
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 10:05:55 PM »

What range is the HUGE designed for? At point blank it still takes about 5 seconds to kill someone, which is more then enough time for them to kill you. At longer ranges it goes worse and worse.

Its designed for close to somewhat medium range, like the shotgun. If you aim for the face it takes about 2 sec to kill someone, like the shotgun. If you try to kill someone when they aren't looking directly at you, then they wont get a chance to kill you, kinda like the shotgun. The HUGE gets worse at a longer range just like the shotgun.

Maybe im saying we need to change the shotgun, but im not. I'd rather not make the people that can kill an entire server with a HUGE more powerful.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 10:53:43 PM »

Its designed for close to somewhat medium range, like the shotgun. If you aim for the face it takes about 2 sec to kill someone, like the shotgun. If you try to kill someone when they aren't looking directly at you, then they wont get a chance to kill you, kinda like the shotgun. The HUGE gets worse at a longer range just like the shotgun.

Maybe im saying we need to change the shotgun, but im not. I'd rather not make the people that can kill an entire server with a HUGE more powerful.

The only flaw here is that if you aim for the head with the huge, your gonna miss and die.

And yes, I'm one of the people who can clear entire rooms with it.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2011, 12:03:04 AM »

Saying you should get headshots with the HUGE is like saying you should try to shoot someone's mask (from chiefeh's mod) with the poltergeist- it's insanely hard and unreliable.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2011, 01:02:59 AM »

The only flaw here is that if you aim for the head with the huge, your gonna miss and die.

And yes, I'm one of the people who can clear entire rooms with it.

This, I can clear entire rooms with it and rape people and STILL make it out without being known I'm the traitor. I'll still vouch though for the fact that the HUGE needs to have bullet penetration and 1-2 damage increase per bullet, or more, what ever BKU feels would be best.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2011, 12:58:41 PM »

Bullet penetration is not going to happen, too many headaches on the technical side that I can't be bothered with.
Tigermisu
Poster

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2011, 05:24:59 PM »

The MAC10 is a rapid fire MG

So why not decrease the rate of fire of the HUGE, and increase its bullet damage by 5-7.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2011, 06:15:50 PM »

The MAC10 is a rapid fire MG

So why not decrease the rate of fire of the HUGE, and increase its bullet damage by 5-7.

Then it encroaches on M16 territory.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2011, 06:31:15 PM »

How much damage does the huge normally do? How many shots does it take to kill someone at 100 health? Increase that damage so that it takes two less shots or so.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2011, 07:17:16 PM »

How much damage does the huge normally do? How many shots does it take to kill someone at 100 health? Increase that damage so that it takes two less shots or so.

Two or less shots? Wtf? It fires roughly (Random estimate) about 20 bullets a second, and takes 2-3 seconds to kill someone? Never actually took the time to time it correctly.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2011, 08:21:13 PM »

I'll have to do some experimenting with it. Anyone have the file for the HUGE?
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2011, 06:45:34 AM »

Why don't you pick one up in an empty server with a friend and check the old fasioned way?

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2011, 04:09:47 AM »

I'd have to say I'm one of those people who can clear a room with a H.U.G.E. and do it all the time. It's the only gun that's useful for those situations when you have a tight group of 4 people, and a health station in the middle.
It honestly probably just isn't your gun, but it doesn't need a buff.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2011, 11:37:18 PM »

BKU, I dont know how or where to look but can you tell us the default Bullets per Second and damage per bullet for the HUGE?
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2011, 02:35:16 AM »

I'd have to say I'm one of those people who can clear a room with a H.U.G.E. and do it all the time. It's the only gun that's useful for those situations when you have a tight group of 4 people, and a health station in the middle.
It honestly probably just isn't your gun, but it doesn't need a buff.

Killing 4 people together?  You best hope they are terrible players, otherwise you're dead.  Not to say you SHOULD be able to do this or that it's a reason to improve the HUGE, just that you're exaggerating.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2011, 03:02:03 AM »

BKU, I dont know how or where to look but can you tell us the default Bullets per Second and damage per bullet for the HUGE?

\garrysmod\gamemodes\terrortown\entities\weapons\weapon_zm_sledge
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2011, 04:32:52 AM »

SWEP.Primary.Damage = 11
SWEP.Primary.Delay = 0.055

I believe that's what I was looking for.

11 Damage per bullet, bullet fire every 0.055 seconds. So normally if every shot were to land, it'd kill a player in 0.5 seconds. Problem being is, that's if 10 bullets land immediately as you begin firing, and with the HUGE's recoil and the terrible hit boxes, that can be a problem. Normally taking 30-50 bullets to kill a single innocent if you fuck up. Resulting in 1.65s - 2.75s which is long enough for a Deagle / Shotgun / Sniper headshot or being called out. Although a Shotgun shot is less likely as if they're actually that close, you probably landed your 10 bullets off the bat.

Although... here is the MAC10

SWEP.Primary.Damage      = 15
SWEP.Primary.Delay       = 0.065

If all bullets land, the MAC10 kills someone in 0.455s. Why is the MAC10 overpowering the HUGE? It just seems that the HUGE is a MAC10 without the need to reload, and is downgraded in every other aspect.

Am I doing this math right?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:40:23 AM by ball2hi »
Tigermisu
Poster

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2011, 04:53:33 AM »

I see the HUGE Usually do 7s, probably the multiplier is lower at the chest/legs.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2011, 06:05:18 AM »

I see the HUGE Usually do 7s, probably the multiplier is lower at the chest/legs.

Maybe at the times you were wearing the Detective / Traitor body armor? -30% makes the damage 7.7 which I dont know if it's rounded up or down, but if you say 7's then it's rounded down.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2011, 12:43:02 AM »

Killing 4 people together?  You best hope they are terrible players, otherwise you're dead.  Not to say you SHOULD be able to do this or that it's a reason to improve the HUGE, just that you're exaggerating.

I'm not exaggerating it isn't hard to do.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »

Yes, you are exaggerating.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: HUGE balance [split from main thread] « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length