Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 03:27:30 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: HUGE balance [split from main thread]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: HUGE balance [split from main thread]  (Read 28596 times)
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 07:04:04 AM »

I see no one here has met Kryzoid.

He can clear a room with 5 people in it with a HUGE, within seconds. Most of the time people accuse him of being a traitor, when he has a huge.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 08:15:58 AM »

I see no one here has met Kryzoid.

He can clear a room with 5 people in it with a HUGE, within seconds. Most of the time people accuse him of being a traitor, when he has a huge.

Because we're going to balance the game around a single player, correct? Why don't we just nerf the sniper to 1 shot every 5 seconds since Matcaster is so good with it, lol.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 12:17:07 PM »

Maybe a slight tightening of the cone, not sure about damage buff though
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 03:16:10 PM »

Because we're going to balance the game around a single player, correct?

But you see its not balancing the game around one player, many people suck with the HUGE, and many people are very good at it.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 05:30:39 AM »

Because we're going to balance the game around a single player, correct? Why don't we just nerf the sniper to 1 shot every 5 seconds since Matcaster is so good with it, lol.

If one player is that good with it, others can be too. Nerfing or buffing it would either make someone godlike and kill everyone on the server with it, or make those who fail at using it doomed.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 05:57:11 AM »

Well, it's been said in this thread but I believe this is what the HUGE should do. Bullets should each deal 1-2 more damage and should be PIERCING bullets that will pierce through players. Tighter cone or increased accuracy shouldn't be what the HUGE is about. It's about getting close and personal and being able to mow down those stupid enough to be caught in range of its fire. The downside to having a huge is being unable to fight from a long distance, lets keep it that way.
Cush
Poster

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 10:38:59 AM »

From what I have seen the HUGE is pretty damn powerful as is, people often just grab one and run around shooting everyone they see and end up killing 6+ people on maps with tighter corridors. I have gotten some pretty good killing sprees just by charging around and holding down mouse1 whenever I see someone.

The only issue is that you pretty much need to get some headshots to kill quickly with it, which can be chalked down to bad reg.
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »

It's a bullet hose that kills everything it touches at close range. That's its job and it does it well.

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 03:28:59 PM »

I agree with you, Ball, the problem was always in the damage, and the passive piercing bullet effect would remedy a lot of the problems of confronting people in a group.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 08:58:44 PM »

I think that you are an idiot and wrong.

The HUGE is fine, if it's your playstyle. If it isn't, kill someone and take their gun.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 09:31:46 PM »

The HUGE is fine, if it's your playstyle. If it isn't, kill someone and take their gun.

This, I believe the HUGE is even one of the more powerful weapons with it's only disadvantage is range and no extra ammo.  It is pretty much perfect for close quarters.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 10:14:11 PM »

I think that you are an idiot and wrong.

I enjoy the HUGE, but I figured this was a "Find what buffs we can give to a potentially lacking weapon" thread. Not a "It's fine." thread. I've ran into countless times where the huge takes 50bullets to kill someone up close, and sometimes, like in that video earlier, hitboxes cause major problems. If we could fix the hitboxes that'd solve this weapons problem but we can't do that so I figured we came up with another solution.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 11:59:29 PM »

In close quarters, it is outdamaged by pretty much any other weapon. If the other player has steady aim, they can shoot you through your hail of bullets and shrug most of yours off/
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 03:19:42 AM »

Have you ever played with Sexican?

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 05:02:40 AM »

Have you ever played with Sexican?

Again, revolving around 1 person. Nerf Sniper because Matcaster is too good with it.
Not a Rapist
Poster

Still not convicted...

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 12:36:21 PM »

Again, revolving around 1 person. Nerf Sniper because Matcaster is too good with it.

Sniper? Him with a deagle is worse.

In close quarters, it is outdamaged by pretty much any other weapon. If the other player has steady aim, they can shoot you through your hail of bullets and shrug most of yours off/

I would agree with this, but the HUGE is probably my worst weapon (I tend to do better with a pistol), so I'm unsure.

While we are creating this mod to create something fun to play, making people here angry is a welcome side effect.
<br />
Then you'll be banned.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 05:29:28 PM »

As a general rule, if the room is bigger then 10'x10', then the HUGE will not work.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 07:18:45 PM »

As a general rule, don't make general rules without support for them.

This comes down to personal opinion and playstyle. If you can't handle the recoil on the huge or shoot in bursts, then it's not your gun.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 08:47:07 PM »

As a general rule, don't make general rules without support for them.

This comes down to personal opinion and playstyle. If you can't handle the recoil on the huge or shoot in bursts, then it's not your gun.

Short bursts is not what the HUGE was made for, and the recoil of the gun isn't something you can "handle" because it's completely random. Unless you're talking about how the HUGE moves your screen up while you shoot then well, that's easy to handle compared to the old HUGE screen movement lol.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 09:54:10 PM »

What range is the HUGE designed for? At point blank it still takes about 5 seconds to kill someone, which is more then enough time for them to kill you. At longer ranges it goes worse and worse.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: HUGE balance [split from main thread] « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length