Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:48:55 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Electrical Tape [New Traitor Item]
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Electrical Tape [New Traitor Item]  (Read 3796 times)
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« on: November 25, 2010, 02:15:52 AM »

We all know how band aids fix everything, but what about Electrical Tape? (This is a repost of something in my I did before, in http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=10372.0 but no one said OMFG RECTAL REALLY GOOD IDEA BRO, so I assume no one read it)

Electrical Tape is a new traitor that costs 1 credit and allows for the combination of grenades. For example a traitor is holding a Discombobulator, if they walk over a Smoke Grenade they can activate the tape and be given a new grenade replacing the old, may display a small traitorus animation or not. The grenade will look exactly as the one the traitor held to stop people going ("OMG SHOW ME UR NADE") but have new and more powerful/useful effects. To pick which grenade it is, it would probably have to highlight the grenade, to stop accidental creation of grenades, (Sorry guys, I accidently the grenade). The tape should be able to be used around 3 times.

A Electrical Tape'd grenade has the model of the grenade of the one the traitor was holding, and if the traitor drops it and an innocent picks it up it has the effect of the original grenade, but if a traitor picks it up it was the new effect given unto it by the Tape.

Mist Grenade
Smoke + Discombobulator

The smoke from the grenade covers a large area, but only at knee height, preventing players from seeing dead bodies and incriminating evidence such as DNA, weapons and flare gun marks for a short period (between 20 seconds and 1 minute).

Tear Gas
Smoke + Incendiary

Creates basic smoke.... or does it? The smoke now disorientates those foolish enough to run blindly causing a sort of 'drugged' effect messing up their vision by blurring it and a large sway. The length of the effect would probably based on how long they were in there for, but mostly this grenade is an escape mechanism or to mess up a group then open fire. Could also cause slight damage.

Fire + Smoke, I have been considering a few ideas, these are what I came up with

Frag Grenade
Incendiary + Discombobulator
Causes a large explosion knocking everything back, and causes fire all across a large area.
(uncreative and similar to just throwing the an Incendiary and then a Discombobulator, but with more fire)

Napalm Grenade
Causes an explosion of fire, and you take fire damage while in it, when you escape the fire you continue to take some small damage on a period. The period has a duration based on how long you were in the fire.

Flare Grenade
Causes fire in a small area which jumps to nearby players, props and bodies. Players caught in it will take small damage (between 5 and 15) over a short time, bodies that get caught get burnt, but only slightly. The burning of the bodies erases (pick 1 or 2) DNA, player name, last words.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 02:30:36 AM by Rectal Exambot »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »

I think this adds unnecessary complications to a very nice and simple system: "I have a fire nade, it causes fire."

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 02:43:12 AM »

I think this adds unnecessary complications to a very nice and simple system: "I have a fire nade, it causes fire."

Maybe *sniff* Maybe

Perhaps it would be better suited to custom content just like my IRON BOOTS! (Allows Goomba stomping to be more effective)
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 05:46:33 AM »

But its against the laws of physics to go against Rectal's idea's.... we have no choice.....

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 08:53:34 PM »

Perhaps rather than grenade recipes, there should just be specific equipment items (not weapons, items like radar/armor) that add a secondary fire to a certain type of grenade, which creates a different effect. Like "tear gas kit" equipment would make smoke grenades you pick up get a secondary fire where they work as the gas grenades you described.

This seems a bit simpler interface-wise, and doesn't require a ton of good and balanced grenade combinations.

Not sure about it though.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 09:37:58 PM »

Perhaps rather than grenade recipes, there should just be specific equipment items (not weapons, items like radar/armor) that add a secondary fire to a certain type of grenade, which creates a different effect. Like "tear gas kit" equipment would make smoke grenades you pick up get a secondary fire where they work as the gas grenades you described.

This seems a bit simpler interface-wise, and doesn't require a ton of good and balanced grenade combinations.

Not sure about it though.

Probably a better idea, I must have been playing too much Dead Rising 2
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Electrical Tape [New Traitor Item] « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length