Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:10:13 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor Equipment: Trapster
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Traitor Equipment: Trapster  (Read 8801 times)
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« on: November 14, 2010, 07:36:42 PM »

There seems to be a lot of demand for a remote detonatable bomb. So, this is what this is, but it's so much more.
First of all, it doesn't damage players, that's not what it's for.
What it does is remotely activate buttons, open doors, and break props at the push of a key on your keyboard. So, what's the use in that you say? I made a list of uses you could use it for;

1. Break a bridge out from under someone's feet.
2. Activate a trap without raising suspicions.
3. Plant it on an explosive barrel for a 50 pound grenade.
4. Carry around the explosive barrel for your very own jihad bomb.
5. Break a barricade.
6. Break one of the bridges on ttt_cloverfield without spending 3 credits.
7. Break the supports of the lifts on ttt_digdown
8. Call an elevator FROM ACROSS THE ROOM!
9. Open a door FROM ACROSS THE ROOM!
10. Anything you can think of, if you are good at improvisation.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 07:52:19 PM »

Hmm i like some of them, but others concern me, like the jihad bomb and the explosive barrel.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 09:50:41 PM »

I like the idea of a remote controlled activator, for traps and doors and stuff.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 10:14:51 PM »

Do you plant it and then press a keypad to activate whatever it was on? Can you get DNA off it if that is the case?
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 12:03:32 AM »

You bind a button to "ttt_activatetrapster"
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 01:04:00 AM »

How about a handheld control, maybe a modded SLAM weapon?

Signature Pending...
Redcow
Poster

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 02:25:27 AM »

This actually seems like a good idea.

If it's on something like a func_breakable, func_wall, or somethin else, it could just destroy it.
Otherwise it could activate a button.  Same with any other prop, movelinear, door, etc..

Sounds pretty sweet to me.

Though I think Badking would need to have it search for something in the map properties so that mappers can set it if they don't want something to be used like that.  Such as putting like a "DB" (don't break)  in the name of the entity.or something.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 05:44:44 AM »

I remember somebody already said something about this didn't they? It would be a good idea, and it was already made on another server. If it's introduced, I think it would need to have only 1 ammo, and you can only put it on one button, with only 1 maximum.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 07:02:28 AM »

If it is like C4, and you can plant it on a button and say, press button X, would pressing X activate the button? How many times can you do this? Can you move it to other buttons?
Sly
Poster

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 10:46:38 PM »

This is a good idea. I very much like the trap placement mechanism of Zombie Master, so this ought to be easy to code too. Perhaps one would point at the trap and choose "Place trap" to use a credit to place a trap nearby. The trap manual activation disappears, and the trap is placed. Activated upon an innocent going near it, just like ZM.

Pros: No manual activation required

Cons: Expensive
Wastes a few seconds of your time
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 11:38:04 PM »

It would have 1-3 uses depending on how many game breakers BKU finds with it.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 01:01:40 AM »

I wouldn't like it, maps like Lost Temple the only way you know if a trap is safe if the detective can see someone in there with the radar, and this throws that right out the window.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 01:50:31 AM »

Except it costs 1 credit.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 02:26:39 AM »

It would have 1-3 uses depending on how many game breakers BKU finds with it.

We're talking about remotely activating a trap here, that's a lot of power. If you can have 3 uses of it, then I assume when you place it on another button, you lose the ability to use the last one. Kind of like overwriting it.

6. Break one of the bridges on ttt_cloverfield without spending 3 credits.

Also about this one. Did you think before you suggested that as a reason? I'm pretty sure the map maker wanted it to be 3 credits. If this item could work around that, then it's going against the map makers will.

Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 03:03:37 AM »

3 breakable bridges. You can break 1 for 1 credit, or all 3 for 3 credits.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 03:52:10 AM »

without spending 3 credits.

I haven't played the new one obviously, my bad, but maybe you should word you stuff right.

Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 04:53:03 AM »

I haven't played the new one obviously, my bad, but maybe you should word you stuff right.

Yes, I am finding it very hard to follow him/her/it sometimes
Sly
Poster

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 08:28:53 PM »

I feel like this shouldn't be added on maps that don't already have the ZM traps on them, Cloverfield's bridges are designed for 2 credit breaks, leave it be. This is why I suggested the traps for ZM_ maps, in which traps are already integrated.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 03:58:29 PM »

I still think this idea could work.
RoflChoppa
Poster

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 11:37:03 PM »

This could work, but only if there were serious limitations to its power. Really I think it should only be able to activate things unless there's a special exception in the entity it's targeting (for map specific uses, explosive barrels, etc).

I can imagine this being used to remotely activate traps in ttt_lost_temple or ttt_richland though, which could be a problem. Perhaps it should have infinite usage but a long recharge time or something.

If executed well, this could bring a whole new dimension of trickery to TTT. Imagine calling the elevator to the top in ttt_bank while a player is in it (to deal with the other guy down there), or the door of the traitor tester on ttt_thething to trap an innocent inside.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 11:42:31 PM by RoflChoppa »
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor Equipment: Trapster « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length