Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:13:08 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Body hanging in TTT (Traitor feature)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Body hanging in TTT (Traitor feature)  (Read 30604 times)
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2010, 12:15:02 AM »

They might look crappy, but I think they'd look good enough to use. Just my opinion, since I don't usually mind them.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2010, 11:35:08 AM »

in other news:

Hung by myself :)

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Akkryls
Poster

« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2010, 09:38:14 PM »

Quick question, how do we hang bodies as traitors?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »

Pick up a corpse with the magneto stick. While carrying it, point at a surface and left click. You need to be fairly close to the surface, though you don't need to push the corpse up against it.

The magneto stick HUD tells you when you can hang a corpse to something, though this was added recently and may not be active on the server yet.
Kologer0s
Poster

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2010, 05:48:57 PM »

Maybe when a traitor burns a body, create a ragdoll of the burned model that can't be searched but it can be pinned on surface?
Should freak out the people playing more...

http://bit.ly/Mogzcom MOGZ Gmod TTT + Killing Floor Servers
Redcow
Poster

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2010, 10:23:44 PM »

Our server changed the material to cable/cable lol.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2010, 11:20:06 PM »

It's cable/rope in the newer SVN builds, with the width lowered because for some reason the rope texture is very wide (turned out to be the main reason why it looked bad when I first tried it, it was set too wide).
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2010, 05:46:12 AM »

Maybe when a traitor burns a body, create a ragdoll of the burned model that can't be searched but it can be pinned on surface?
Should freak out the people playing more...

O YES! Instead of completely burning bodies, the ragdoll should be replaced with the hl2 burnt body model, that would be awesome sauce.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Sly
Poster

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2010, 04:39:31 PM »

O YES! Instead of completely burning bodies, the ragdoll should be replaced with the hl2 burnt body model, that would be awesome sauce.

Which would de-power the Flare Gun because then you can count the number of burned bodies instead of having no idea how many people have been burned.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2010, 07:31:32 PM »

Which would de-power the Flare Gun because then you can count the number of burned bodies instead of having no idea how many people have been burned.

Maybe. Although it's already easy enough to do a head count, and get a really good number of players alive.

Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2010, 07:53:28 PM »

Exactly.... A simple alive check does just that.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2010, 12:47:52 AM »

If that doesn't do the trick, a puddle of blood with a couple of scorch marks and guns laying in it usually say plenty.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2010, 10:27:22 AM »

Thats why you drop a discombob there once you flare someone ;)

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
jspiegz
Poster

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2010, 03:12:28 PM »

I didnt know hanging bodies was already in servers..

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2010, 08:03:22 PM »

Its a cvar in the version out right now, disabled by default.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2010, 02:34:15 PM »

Its a cvar in the version out right now, disabled by default.

Some new svn things:
*snip*
- Ragdoll pinning is now enabled by default.

Do keep in mind that this release is only on SVN. Other servers will get the latest TTT version on every gmod update.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2010, 10:57:44 PM »

So is ragdoll pinning enabled by default? Also if it is, can innocents do it too? I mean phoenix told me he made it to where innocents could do it, so I assumed it was a traitor only thing. So if they can't, I don't think it'd be too unreasonable to make innocents able, since it's kinda boring being innocent.

Redcow
Poster

« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2010, 10:58:42 PM »

So is ragdoll pinning enabled by default? Also if it is, can innocents do it too? I mean phoenix told me he made it to where innocents could do it, so I assumed it was a traitor only thing. So if they can't, I don't think it'd be too unreasonable to make innocents able, since it's kinda boring being innocent.

The point is for the traitor to hide bodies, not for innocents to be noobs.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2010, 11:05:16 PM »

The point is for the traitor to hide bodies, not for innocents to be noobs.

Maybe in your eyes. It's pretty damn fun, if you've done it yourself. Oh well the server I play on, has it enabled so I'm fine either way. I'm just suggesting it, because as a whole, it makes the game significantly funnier.

Also the bodies do circles when you hold them occasionally. It was literally spinning around me about 4-5 times in a second, and I nearly died laughing. That's attempted murder BKU... Anyways, hopefully it can be fixed.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2010, 11:12:49 PM »

Innocents would find a corpse and then spend the rest of the round messing with it, oblivious to what happens around them. Not ideal. It would also reduce the impact of whatever traitors do with the feature if everyone pins every corpse they find for kicks.

It already makes the game a bit more interesting for innocents because corpses will be harder to find or arranged in creepy/funny/strange ways if the traitor is creative, giving a little more incentive to find them.

Might make it a convar though.

Also the bodies do circles when you hold them occasionally. It was literally spinning around me about 4-5 times in a second, and I nearly died laughing. That's attempted murder BKU... Anyways, hopefully it can be fixed.

Not likely, Source physics.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:13:53 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Body hanging in TTT (Traitor feature) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length