Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:21:16 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Body hanging in TTT (Traitor feature)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Body hanging in TTT (Traitor feature)  (Read 30613 times)
Redcow
Poster

« on: October 26, 2010, 01:05:36 AM »

The ability for traitors to kind of "hang" or "staple" bodies onto a wall.

If you've ever played that old mod, Stalker, you saw a lot of bodies hung on walls and celing.  They just get welded kind of, but it's REALLY awesome.

Maybe have the traitor get a better magneto stick, that can pick up people much easier, and if you use the left click you can basically weld them to the wall by whatever limb you are holding.

So maybe you walk in a doorway and find a guy hanging by his foot from the door frame.  Pure awesome.

Edit:
***This would not let them attach to a PROP***
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:11:37 AM by Redcow »
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 01:10:14 AM »

Fuck, and yes.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 01:50:42 AM »

Fuck YES, it would be EPIC to hide bodies on the ceiling!

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 01:52:59 AM »

That sounds amazing, but, it would have to be limited in some ways. Constraining bodies to unreachable surfaces for innocents and detectives alike might pose as a "overpowered" problem despite its humorous intent.

In addition, it should not be possible to constrain bodies to physics props. Spectators and traitors alike would be able to throw them into inaccessible areas.

In order to counter this, perhaps the binoculars would have to become a passive equipment already available?
Perhaps I'm over-thinking this.

I love the idea, however I do believe a few changes will need to be added to balance it out.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:54:07 AM by Silverstream »
Redcow
Poster

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 02:45:00 AM »

That sounds amazing, but, it would have to be limited in some ways. Constraining bodies to unreachable surfaces for innocents and detectives alike might pose as a "overpowered" problem despite its humorous intent.

In addition, it should not be possible to constrain bodies to physics props. Spectators and traitors alike would be able to throw them into inaccessible areas.

In order to counter this, perhaps the binoculars would have to become a passive equipment already available?
Perhaps I'm over-thinking this.

I love the idea, however I do believe a few changes will need to be added to balance it out.

Not sure how they would "throw" them.

What I meant is like a magneto stick, and you just click them onto a wall.

You can't just let go, you gotta go physically stick them where you want them.
Zachary
Poster

Hey! A C4 with 5 seconds left! :D

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 03:07:48 AM »

Not sure how they would "throw" them.

I think he figured you meant (bleh) that you could just stick the bodies on anything, such as barrels, which could be whipped away or even out of the map. Un-ID'ed body + barrel + hot glue (?) + immense prop-throwing power = bye-bye, evidence.

I think being able to staple the poor saps on walls and (reachable) ceilings would be fucking wicked. Definite "yes" from me.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:08:55 AM by Zachary »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 07:29:02 AM »

1. If I make the magneto stick powerful enough to carry bodies by their arms/legs without them falling constantly because of lag, then the magneto can also be used to sling those bodies great distances, which is exploitable and bad.

2. Isn't this just a direct copy of a feature from The Hidden?
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 10:47:34 AM »

more of a point and click option? like but only a certain radius from the body
Redcow
Poster

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 08:58:59 PM »

1. If I make the magneto stick powerful enough to carry bodies by their arms/legs without them falling constantly because of lag, then the magneto can also be used to sling those bodies great distances, which is exploitable and bad.

2. Isn't this just a direct copy of a feature from The Hidden?

That's what I said in the post.  It's been used in games and gamemodes (Stalker and Hidden).

You could do what Hayhay said and do a certain radius.
Nasu
Poster

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 09:37:20 PM »

My suggestion:
Dont buff the magneto-stick.
Allow welding like in first post.
All welded corpses can be shot down with a single bullet from any gun or a explosive.
And welding to "lightweight" (props that can be carried with magneto) props shouldnt be possible, only to heavy objects (only pushable) and walls.

END
Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 03:42:28 PM »

My suggestion:
Dont buff the magneto-stick.
Allow welding like in first post.
All welded corpses can be shot down with a single bullet from any gun or a explosive.
And welding to "lightweight" (props that can be carried with magneto) props shouldnt be possible, only to heavy objects (only pushable) and walls.

END

kind of +1 lol... no props at all imo

*why1000 makes loud tapping noises
TheNakedDragon: errr Why, what are you doing? XD
Insanitosis: furious, furious masterbation.

'The History of England is emphatically the history of progress' - MACAULAY, Lord (1800-1859)
Redcow
Poster

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 01:23:35 AM »

What do you think, Bad King?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 07:31:07 AM »

I'm not sure about it, but I'll probably experiment with the welding thing at some point to see if it can work.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 08:56:05 AM »

only thing i could see is a problem is that gmod ragdolls dont like to be flung thay tend to freak out and shit So that will need to be sorted out if a problem
Redcow
Poster

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 03:30:07 AM »

only thing i could see is a problem is that gmod ragdolls dont like to be flung thay tend to freak out and shit So that will need to be sorted out if a problem

Yeah but if it's a short distance and kind of just teleports I doubt it would do anything bad.
Major Binkx
Poster

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 04:34:36 AM »

Other than traitors glitching this up or putting bodies in unreachable areas or on the ceiling, won't this be purely for laughs- I'm not seeing enough practical use...
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 04:37:03 AM »

Other than traitors glitching this up or putting bodies in unreachable areas or on the ceiling, won't this be purely for laughs- I'm not seeing enough practical use...

I'm sure you could make a mass of glitched bodies which would fly around the map and might hit an innocent

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 11:24:29 AM »

I'm sure you could make a mass of glitched bodies which would fly around the map and might hit an innocent

Bodies dont collide with players anyway, but it could cause an exception and crash the server.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 02:08:16 PM »

Perhaps it could aid traitors to hiding bodies in a situation where there isn't adequate time or resources to conceal them properly (ex: no crates or other objects available, no flare gun available).

If for example, a traitor executes an innocent and hears another player voice chat explaining he heard something, the traitor could perhaps grab the center of the body and constrain it to a ceiling and proceed to grab the leg of the body as well and constrain it too to prevent hanging feet.

If an innocent or detective were to locate a body in an unreachable area (ex: High ceiling), shooting the corpse should detach it from the surface it's applied to.

If for example, the body is located in an area inaccessible and impossible to reach, perhaps this would promote the use of the "Binoculars" which are rarely used and only applicable in limited scenarios (ex: Bodies on the bottom of ttt_canyon, bodies in water in ttt_enclave and equilibre).

Might I suggest the following parameters of the magneto stick.

Only traitors will receive a different magneto stick from innocents and detectives.
When approaching corpses, small colored orbs should appear at various points of the corpse where the player can pick them up (ex: Knee joints, Head, Torso, legs, hands).

Mouse Features:

Right-clicking
- Will pick up a corpse at the point the traitor specifies. Right-clicking
                      again should make the corpse fall onto the ground.

Left-clicking
- Will constraint the point of the corpse the traitor specifies to a
                     brush-based surface.

If a traitor wishes to detach a part of the body already constrained to a surface, he can simply right-click the orb relative to the part of the body he wishes to alter. All other constraints will be left untouched.

The magneto-stick for the traitor shouldn't be dropped upon their death for innocents/detectives to grab. It might promote glitching and other unnecessary things which would take away the TTT Game-play atmosphere.

These are simply my thoughts.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:10:20 PM by Silverstream »
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 03:06:27 PM »

MAN.
SILVERSTREAM.

You ALWAYS have some awesome ideas! You already helped me out with the mapping... but NOW you're a gameplay master!

I love your ideas.

And yes, the "uber magneto stick" shouldn't be dropped when the traitor dies, some dummy innocents would play around with it, glitching and doing stuffz.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Body hanging in TTT (Traitor feature) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length