Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:56:50 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Body hanging in TTT (Traitor feature)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Body hanging in TTT (Traitor feature)  (Read 30633 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 04:38:39 PM »

I still don't know if this feature is going to make it, but I did find a solution for any and all ragdoll slinging it seems. This means everyone's magneto stick will be able to pick up arms/legs again and not have it drop at random due to lag. So the Silverstream-style body hanging is a little more likely than it used to be.
Redcow
Poster

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 09:31:39 PM »

I think it just helps the traitor in a quick thinking situation, where there is no place to hide a body.

Plus it kind of creates that creepy feeling if you find bodies actually hanging on stuff instead of just laying in a pile.

I think most people would enjoy this feature, as it was super popular in Stalker (or The Hidden) and it isn't even a huge gameplay aspect.  Just makes things fun.
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 10:15:52 PM »

Harpoon gun.
That is all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3sMFTwV1y8
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 06:10:44 AM »

Make it so u load the bodies on the gun then shoot them to a wall or something.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 08:31:09 AM »

A harpoon gun is one of the first things I coded in the Source SDK years ago.

Wouldn't work for body hanging though, shooting bodies onto a wall with a harpoon would be very tough with source physics.
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 02:37:44 AM »

I really like the Magneto-Stick (WTF? It's not a weapon!). It allows you do a lot of things, even if you don't know it.

I would like this upgrade. I got an idea: If the body is in the ceiling, there will be blood under the hanged body, so people will look up.

Just a curious question: Why can't we rotate the objects just like the Physgun? (E).

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 04:50:54 AM »

cause its not a fucking build game its ttt
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 06:13:18 AM »

lol why would you want to rotate, is beyond me. As for blood on the floor, anyone can go "O flaregunned body..." or just most of the time people just walk right past and don't give a shit.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 05:13:09 PM »

Okay, it was just a curious question. No need to freak out.

And I just gave the blood idea so people would look up; obviously no one gives a fuck about blood (well, I usually search the rooms around the blood, because blood = fight). And if you don't like the idea, it may be creepier: blood drops. If you hang the body in the ceiling, blood drops will fall ^^ So you look up and Peek-A-Boo.

Now, talking about body hanging, I like the orb stuff. But what happens if you got no time to hang all the orbs to the wall/ceiling? So I think that when you pick up a body and "hang it" on a wall, the whole body should be hanged. After that, you can change the "position" of the corpse (move his leg, his arm, his head...).

Also, I found some bugs with the Magneto-Stick:  When you carry a body and run, IDK how to explain this but, you go "faster" than the magneto stick; I mean the body isnt in front of me, I am like "inside" the body while running. IDK if this's because the lag or anything.

And another curious question: could you make the magneto stick a bit stronger? Like for pushing props or anything like that; I use the magneto stick a lot, it saved my life a lot of times ("Lolwat"), but I think it needs more strength.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 07:58:07 PM »

You go inside the body because its non-collideable with players as for running faster...... I am not sure.

EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 08:28:21 PM »

non-collideable with players? that's strange, because i think i've pushed some people with the bodies.

Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 08:47:49 PM »

You can't push people with bodies, and it doesn't collide with players.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 09:00:01 PM »

Well that would be it.

Redcow
Poster

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 09:36:46 PM »

You can't push people with bodies, and it doesn't collide with players.

I'm pretty sure there is a thing where the server host can enable body collision.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 01:12:03 AM »

no I think bku got rid of the collision all together due to lag issue and minging...

hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 07:08:52 AM »

ttt_ragdoll_collide
you under estimate what searching can do
Redcow
Poster

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 09:44:01 PM »

Yeah I don't know why anyone would want ragdoll collision on though.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 10:36:25 PM »

So BKU are you working on this? I would like to see this in-game.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2010, 10:40:52 PM »

Don't nag.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 10:43:36 PM »

Ouch. I wasn't trying to nag, I was just asking. :(

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Body hanging in TTT (Traitor feature) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length