Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:46:28 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor item suggestion - Decoy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Traitor item suggestion - Decoy  (Read 15241 times)
Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 11:19:28 PM »

i dont think it should have a battery seeing as it can be destroyed... no point, so either on/off or have to go and pick it up to deactivate it (could add tension to deactivating for traitors)

*why1000 makes loud tapping noises
TheNakedDragon: errr Why, what are you doing? XD
Insanitosis: furious, furious masterbation.

'The History of England is emphatically the history of progress' - MACAULAY, Lord (1800-1859)
StormX
Poster

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 11:30:30 PM »

i dont think it should have a battery seeing as it can be destroyed... no point, so either on/off or have to go and pick it up to deactivate it (could add tension to deactivating for traitors)

Oh wow, I'm stupid, never thinking of that. It's just on by default now, no derma menu or anything. I'll post some pics tommorrow.
Copper :D
Poster

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 05:52:19 AM »

I have another idea; adding in an element of caution for the Traitors.

If a Traitor fails to hide his decoy well enough a player who finds it may silently turn it off rather than destroying it, exposing the Traitor to DNA/Radar scans without alterting him.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 06:00:53 AM »

Probably the best idea anyone has ever suggested.

www.dnr-gaming.com
StormX
Poster

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 03:09:10 PM »

I have another idea; adding in an element of caution for the Traitors.

If a Traitor fails to hide his decoy well enough a player who finds it may silently turn it off rather than destroying it, exposing the Traitor to DNA/Radar scans without alterting him.

Added that, but traitors are not allowed to turn it off.
Also, traitors can't destroy the decoy either.
Question: Should I make it to where the decoy has DNA but the traitors can destroy/turn off the decoy?

EDIT: Screenies :D
http://img820.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=gmconstruct0003w.jpg
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:26:52 PM by StormX »
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 05:16:09 PM »

Added that, but traitors are not allowed to turn it off.
Also, traitors can't destroy the decoy either.
Question: Should I make it to where the decoy has DNA but the traitors can destroy/turn off the decoy?

EDIT: Screenies :D
http://img820.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=gmconstruct0003w.jpg

You've done a good job, but in my opinion it's unnecessarily complicated.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 05:22:35 PM by Fuffe »
StormX
Poster

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 06:01:48 PM »

You've done a good job, but in my opinion it's unnecessarily complicated.

How is that? I'm open to any ideas.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 06:12:23 PM by StormX »
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2010, 06:17:27 PM »

How is that?

As I stated before I think it should just be an infinite use device(until it gets destroyed of course) that the traitors can toss wherever they want, and pick it up any time. I don't think you should have to activate or deactivate it. The traitors should also be notified when it gets destroyed. The ones who are supposed to be sneaky should be the traitors, not the innocents.
StormX
Poster

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 06:43:21 PM »

As I stated before I think it should just be an infinite use device(until it gets destroyed of course) that the traitors can toss wherever they want, and pick it up any time. I don't think you should have to activate or deactivate it. The traitors should also be notified when it gets destroyed. The ones who are supposed to be sneaky should be the traitors, not the innocents.

It already notifies when it's destroyed and you dont have to turn it on or off. And I guess you're right with the last sentence so the silent-turn off has been removed.
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2010, 08:11:18 PM »

It already notifies when it's destroyed and you dont have to turn it on or off. And I guess you're right with the last sentence so the silent-turn off has been removed.

Good choice. :)

Which server is this on?
StormX
Poster

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 09:28:21 PM »

Good choice. :)

Which server is this on?

None right now. I'll release some files when I can convert it to v15 correctly.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 04:40:32 PM »

I've just added a Decoy weapon to the SVN build of the game. Traitors just plant it and it takes effect until they pick it up again or it gets destroyed.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 07:17:29 PM »

Awesome! :D Can't wait to try this.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Copper :D
Poster

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2010, 12:57:35 PM »

I just tested the decoy, and I like it. I was able to plant it, split up the group and take out the stragglers, leaving the remaining players too weak to take me down.

There's one problem though, I can throw the decoy down anywhere. It needs to stick to a surface, otherwise it can be thrown somewhere no one can get at.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2010, 02:02:55 PM »

Good point, I'll make left mouse stick it on the surface you're facing (like right mouse already does).

Certain maps will still be vulnerable to unreachable decoys if they have traitor-only areas. Not much I can do about that without limiting it to a number of charges or something.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:06:13 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
JoshJosh117
Poster

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2010, 09:36:21 PM »

Can dna be retrieved from it?
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »

It'd be safe to assume so.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2010, 10:04:17 PM »

No DNA. I think that would make Traitors very conservative with it. The main thing you gain with the Decoy is more time/distraction when they have your DNA. I don't think that's such a big advantage that it needs a significant downside, like the risk that you're screwed if someone stumbles on it. It already costs a credit after all. The Radio doesn't have DNA on it for similar reasons.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 09:03:11 PM »

Could we also have it so it shows general area to the radar, just so it doesn't directly give it self away straight away.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2010, 12:48:50 AM »

It should have some sort of distinct glow, and maybe even a low hum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor item suggestion - Decoy « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length