Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:11:27 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor item suggestion - Decoy
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Traitor item suggestion - Decoy  (Read 15225 times)
Copper :D
Poster

« on: October 07, 2010, 10:11:50 PM »

Tired of those pesky detectives with their radars always finding out your hiding places? Do you find it impossible to hide from DNA scanners because you didn't hide that knifed body well enough? Feeling your time on this mortal coil running short as your persuers close in on you? The solution? DECOYâ„¢!

The DECOYâ„¢ imitates your DNA and Radiosignal profiles, which will draw the attention of all hostile DNA scanners and radars, buying you some extra time.

DECOYâ„¢ is the ultimate in deception and subterfuge, making you a better traitor!

Get yours today, for only 1 credit! [Stocks limited]

Specifications:

The Decoy may be mounted to any surface; once deployed it will need to be activated with the USE command. When active it will direct all DNA and radar scans to itself rather than the owner. The Decoy may be retrieved by the one who deployed it.

The Decoy costs one credit, and may only be purchased once.

The Decoy may be destroyed, after which it will stop redirecting Radar/DNA scans.

The Decoy may be scanned for DNA [Irony amuses me].

[Optional]: The Decoy may be activated/deactivated remotely [This will allow a Traitor to quickly misdirect persuers and avoid DNA scan lineups].

[Optional]: The Decoy has a limited life span [In case it needs to be balanced].

[Optional]: The Decoy places an icon on allied traitors HUDs [Allowing co-ordination]

The Decoy occupies the special equipment slot.

The owner is notified once the Decoy has been destroyed.

Uses: Gives the traitor a reprise and an opportunity to set up an ambush along with a chance to eliminate the tracking player; it basically gives the Traitor a second chance to retain his secrecy, or to deal some damage before being discovered.

It promotes stealth tactics and team co-ordination amongst traitors.

So remember, play smart, get your DECOYâ„¢ right now!

Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 10:29:59 PM »

That's well thought out, and I immediately see nothing wrong with this item myself. I like it, and think it fits in perfectly.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
JoshJosh117
Poster

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 10:32:10 PM »

If it can be scanned for dna that kinda makes it pointless.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 10:37:17 PM »

That is actually a really cool idea.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 10:44:45 PM »

Hey a not terrible idea that might be worth exploring. That's rare. The only concern I could see is the idea of Detective Reliability being eroded. Basically it means you are less able to trust what a detective is doing, but at the same time it's not REALLY all that bad. Since it'd be pretty clear after a bit that a Decoy was being used.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 10:52:24 PM »

You know, I like this.

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 11:00:12 PM »

Problem: decoy is now showing your position to the detective via radar but what about when you and the detective are alone together and his radar goes off again? it will not show you on his radar and he will know you are a traitor using a decoy because of it.

apart from that this is not a bad idea but i do not see a way to overcome this problem unless you idk can have settings where say you tell it too only deflect radar or to only deflect DNA or both.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 11:01:43 PM »

Yah, this is awesome.. good advertisement btw ;), i cant think of any downsides other than what handy said (maybe thats a good thing that that happens?) altough for the optional that says (limited lifespan) i dont think that'll be needed, seeing as as soon as the dective finds the decoy he can destroy it and the whole thing blows over... this is really good, not bad for setting traps

*why1000 makes loud tapping noises
TheNakedDragon: errr Why, what are you doing? XD
Insanitosis: furious, furious masterbation.

'The History of England is emphatically the history of progress' - MACAULAY, Lord (1800-1859)
Poster

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »

"Problem: decoy is now showing your position to the detective via radar but what about when you and the detective are alone together and his radar goes off again? it will not show you on his radar and he will know you are a traitor using a decoy because of it."

This is intended, it stops a traitor from simply planting the decoy somewhere and leaving it on; It forces the traitor to use it strategically.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 12:57:16 AM »

Problem: decoy is now showing your position to the detective via radar but what about when you and the detective are alone together and his radar goes off again? it will not show you on his radar and he will know you are a traitor using a decoy because of it.

apart from that this is not a bad idea but i do not see a way to overcome this problem unless you idk can have settings where say you tell it too only deflect radar or to only deflect DNA or both.

"[Optional]: The Decoy may be activated/deactivated remotely [This will allow a Traitor to quickly misdirect persuers and avoid DNA scan lineups]."

This would balance it quite well.  I love the idea, by the way.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 01:47:22 AM »

Really good idea.
Nasu
Poster

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 12:26:21 PM »

"[Optional]: The Decoy may be activated/deactivated remotely [This will allow a Traitor to quickly misdirect persuers and avoid DNA scan lineups]."

This would balance it quite well.  I love the idea, by the way.

If this will ever get added, make a time delay for the activation/deactivation

Pretty good idea, as long as it isnt too complex ingame
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 04:48:45 PM »

It's a good idea. I would say the decoy would add a radar blip as if there was a person there, so both the traitor and the decoy show on radar. For the DNA scanner, it would show the indicator at the decoy instead of the person. Then rather than being under remote control, it would have some energy mechanic. Perhaps it would only last for a limited number DNA scans for example (so the radar decoy part comes free). That might not even be necessary though, after all you do spend a credit basically to buy time.
Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 07:59:02 PM »

yah, and this time can be destroyed anyway correct?

*why1000 makes loud tapping noises
TheNakedDragon: errr Why, what are you doing? XD
Insanitosis: furious, furious masterbation.

'The History of England is emphatically the history of progress' - MACAULAY, Lord (1800-1859)
StormX
Poster

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 12:50:09 PM »

Like?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 01:09:19 PM by StormX »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 01:57:58 PM »

If the irony behind that would be that beacons were mostly distracting players then being useful, I'd say yes.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 01:59:52 PM »

I would like it to be like the C4 and stick into a wall if chosen to do so giving a better option to hide the decoy in a better position. also if we have radar for both the device and a traitor then surely this would greatly improve fooling the detectives with radars leaving a mark to fill the gap of MIA.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
StormX
Poster

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »

Finished scripting it, but I have one question- Should you have a option to turn it on/off or should it just be a on button and a 'battery' bar. It's currently set up to avoid 4 DNA scans.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 04:05:46 PM by StormX »
Poster

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 06:34:35 PM »

"Finished scripting it, but I have one question- Should you have a option to turn it on/off or should it just be a on button and a 'battery' bar. It's currently set up to avoid 4 DNA scans."

Whatever seems like the most balanced option
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 06:35:47 PM by Copper :D »
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 07:32:59 PM »

I think it should just be an item that you toss out and leave it there until you pick it up again.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor item suggestion - Decoy « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length