Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:06:42 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: No Prop Killing
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No Prop Killing  (Read 6491 times)
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« on: July 29, 2010, 01:40:45 PM »

So I was playing thething, and I noticed you couldn't exactly prop kill as easy with the ladders in it. So, could this property be added to all props? The only problem I see with that, is it almost isn't realistic when dropping it...

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
manbearpig101
Poster

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 11:07:42 PM »

Can't you just make that if the inflictor (of the damage) is of the class "prop_physics" then just scale the damage down to 0?

I think that would work.

Edit: And of course you would have to check if it has been used by a magneto stick, but that wouldn't be too hard.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 11:09:16 PM »

The reason it doesn't work for thething's ladders is because the ladders probably have a very small mass.
The reason they have a small mass is because either the ladders were never meant to be physics props (overridden to become them) or the mass scale was turned down to allow carrying.

EDIT: As for this property being added, the best place to look would be GM:EntityTakeDamage

EDIT2: Line 860 to about 866 of player.lua, this is where physics damage can be scaled.

if dmginfo:IsDamageType(DMG_CRUSH) and IsValid(att) and (not att:IsPlayer()) then
        dmginfo:ScaleDamage(0.25)
        if ValidEntity(infl) and ValidEntity(infl:GetOwner()) and infl:GetOwner():IsPlayer() then
            dmginfo:ScaleDamage(0)
            dmginfo:SetDamage(0)
        end
      end

Replacing with...

if dmginfo:IsDamageType(DMG_CRUSH) and IsValid(att) and (not att:IsPlayer()) then
        dmginfo:ScaleDamage(0.25)
        if ValidEntity(infl) and ValidEntity(infl:GetOwner()) and infl:GetOwner():IsPlayer() then
            dmginfo:SetDamage(0)
        end
      end
if dmginfo:IsDamageType(DMG_CRUSH) and IsValid(att) and (att:IsPlayer()) then
end

Should theoretically work. I have not tested this.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 11:16:02 PM by Charles445 »

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 07:11:48 AM »

Nope, that will just make falling on someone's head not damage them.

Is there ever a valid case of physics props killing players? I could just scale the damage down further to 0.1 or something.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 11:05:05 AM »

As a traitor I tend to throw props at people every now and then, while this is a valid tactic, props generally do more harm then good. That prop kills are not registered as a kill make them the ultimate grieving weapon that can not be traced back by an admin.
I'd hate to see prop killing nerved down to the point where it becomes useless as it does add some interesting tactics to the game-play, e.g., using it as a weapon when you got nothing else, plausibility of accidental kill.

If possible, I'd like to see them stay in their current shape but have the damage done by the prop put on the player who threw it, rather then world damage.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 11:33:09 AM »

Is throwing things the common method of prop killing? I don't think swinging props with the magneto stick works. I need a good way of reproducing prop damage in order to see if I can make it attribute properly.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 11:34:30 AM »

As far as I know if your holding it, it does no damage. It's only thrown props that kill.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 02:44:48 PM »

Is throwing things the common method of prop killing? I don't think swinging props with the magneto stick works. I need a good way of reproducing prop damage in order to see if I can make it attribute properly.

You swing your mouse and let it go at the right moment, if done right the prop will fly pretty far and will kill/massively hurt anyone it hits. Most effective props are bricks, barrels and anything that is not breakable.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 03:18:01 PM »

Yeah, I managed it after some practice. The v6 release should attribute damage from thrown stuff properly.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 07:20:17 PM »

Nope, that will just make falling on someone's head not damage them.

I learned that that could happen yesterday. I think it was Secone I landed on.

Nel
Poster

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 09:05:17 PM »

I learned that that could happen yesterday. I think it was Secone I landed on.

That hurt. :(
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 09:06:10 PM »

It was either me or you nel

Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 10:53:54 AM »

Wait, so BKU didn't know about prop killing? I just facerolled. However he did tell us, "I won't know about things, unless people tell me." That's funny, thanks for the update. Much needed :)

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: No Prop Killing « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length