Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:32:26 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Sourcemod/metamod crash
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sourcemod/metamod crash  (Read 4822 times)
Colonel_Black
Poster

« on: July 06, 2010, 11:51:54 AM »

I am unable to confirm whether it is Sourcemod or Metamod and if it is a component within TTT that causes the crash.

Since the latest engine update, our server has been crashing while Sourcemod and metamod are installed. I've tried multiple ways to find out why it is crashing, but so far had no luck.

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and if there was a solution?
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 01:49:14 PM »

You need at minimum Metamod:Source v1.8.1 and Sourcemod v1.3.2 installed on your GMOD server.
Current versions are at Metamod:Source v1.8.2 and Sourcemod v1.3.3.

And you also need the files in this .zip file.
The .zip files contains updated gamedata files to enable Sourcemod to work with GMODs news engine.

It has 2 folders & a subfolder in each directory and 5 .txt files.
unzip the file and you will have 2 folders called core.games & sdktools.games.
In each of the directorys there is a custom folder that contains the updated Engine Information.

Upload the core.games & sdktools.games directorys to orangebox\garrysmod\addons\sourcemod\gamedata
You already have 2 folders in there called core.games & sdktools.games.
Don't worry about that as nothing gets replaced.

The updated files are placed in a subfolder called custom, as if you replace the "default" and wrong files GMOD then Sourcemod will just re-download them.

After doing the above you should have it like this.

orangebox\garrysmod\addons\sourcemod\gamedata\core .games\custom with 2 .txt files
orangebox\garrysmod\addons\sourcemod\gamedata\sdkt ools.games\custom with 3 .txt files

Having the correct MM:S and Sourcemod with the updated gamedata files will enable sourcemod to run with the new engine.

Or if you wish, instead of installing SM v1.3.3 and the above files from the .zip.
Install the latest version of Sourcemod v1.4, as it has the updated gamedata files for GMOD with it.

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Colonel_Black
Poster

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 03:02:45 PM »

Hmm, thanks for the reply.

Just to confirm, I was using the latest Metamod version, and I had updated today to test with the 1.3.3 version of sourcemod, but it didn't work. (Was previously on 1.3.2).

I will attempt to use the .zip file you provided and see where I get, thanks.
Colonel_Black
Poster

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 04:07:30 PM »

Thanks a lot mate. I think it actually works. The sourcemod fix isn't that easy to find.

NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 06:19:12 PM »

Glad it was of help to you.
The gamedata files in that .zip are ones I made, and after looking at the SM v1.4 version they are 100% identical.

You probably also noticed that Sourcemod in Garrysmod works a lot better now as a lot of the SM toys work now.
Including the very hand plugin that renames players who go a bit daft with the MW2 colour codes in their name :)

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Colonel_Black
Poster

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 06:52:42 PM »

We don't play with the toys much. We mainly use ULX for the admin system and Sourcemod for the sourcebans section. It does great.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Sourcemod/metamod crash « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length