Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:40:30 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Placing Traitor Weapons using the Weapons Placer
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Placing Traitor Weapons using the Weapons Placer  (Read 5257 times)
thelastlambda
Poster

« on: July 05, 2010, 11:59:06 PM »

I was wondering if this way possible... say to spawn a flare gun (or other traitor weapon) and place it like its a shotgun?  Is there any console commands or anyway to do this without actually editing the map in hammer?

Over 25 maps Rearmed for TTT
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 08:12:20 AM »

The only way you could do this is by first completing the weapon placement, and then editing the resulting .txt. Change an entity name in the list ("weapon_zm_pistol" for example, but it can be any entity you've placed) to the flare gun's name ("weapon_ttt_flaregun"). In the spot where you placed that pistol, the game will spawn a flare gun. Note that you probably can't import the script in the weapon placer anymore after that edit.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 09:22:01 AM »

I'm sure Citizen has done this on his Lost Temple map, because there are knives on a table at some point in the round.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
thelastlambda
Poster

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 01:51:25 PM »

The only way you could do this is by first completing the weapon placement, and then editing the resulting .txt. Change an entity name in the list ("weapon_zm_pistol" for example, but it can be any entity you've placed) to the flare gun's name ("weapon_ttt_flaregun"). In the spot where you placed that pistol, the game will spawn a flare gun. Note that you probably can't import the script in the weapon placer anymore after that edit.

Thank you very much worked like a charm... it would be nice if that stuff was somehow able to be imported (that was one of the first things I tried) Damn edit breakin stuff.  Well if that is ever included in an update that would be great, right now I just will use random weapon and random ammo and replace them.

Over 25 maps Rearmed for TTT
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 02:07:01 PM »

Citizen likely used Hammer to place the traitor items. You can place every traitor item save for radar and armor if I recall correctly.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 01:37:04 AM »

Citizen likely used Hammer to place the traitor items. You can place every traitor item save for radar and armor if I recall correctly.

Yes, you just have to work with this guy:

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 04:42:12 AM »

Wait, Lost Temple has free knives?!

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 06:10:26 AM »

Wait, Lost Temple has free knives?!

Yes, free knives, flareguns, and c4. You just have to make the sacrifices and get to the traitor room.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Kologer0s
Poster

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 10:31:22 PM »

You can also edit the Hammer lua and put the weapon paths you want in there...

http://bit.ly/Mogzcom MOGZ Gmod TTT + Killing Floor Servers
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Placing Traitor Weapons using the Weapons Placer « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length