Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:33:32 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [FIX] Mute Innocents Only
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [FIX] Mute Innocents Only  (Read 3717 times)
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« on: June 29, 2010, 01:09:41 PM »

A few days ago I was traitor along with Zanarias and another individual. We were attempting to formulate a plan to eliminate the innocents, however a majority of the server were using their own mics.

To get rid of the chatter I attempted to use the "Mute Innocents Only Key" and instructed my other traitor buddies to do so as well through the settings menu.

This did not work. It merely mutes everyone, however, the server is still able to hear my voice through the mic.

I was then pondering, there is a toggle key for applying the disguise. Why not have one for muting innocents to aid traitors in formulating tactics?

Simply bind a key to mute the innocents (ex: ttt_toggle_mute) which is a traitors only accessible function. Upon execution of this command, white text appears on the bottom right hand corner of the screen indicating the innocents have been muted or un-muted.

Any thoughts? I believe this could be extremely beneficial.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 01:30:54 PM »

The "mute innocents" option is indeed mistitled, it is intended for spectators and should say "mute living" (have fixed that now).

For now I'd like to wait and see how gmod's upcoming positional voice feature turns out. It could reduce voicechat clutter massively, and will generally change things up in that area. In principle I agree muting non-traitors and non-detectives would be useful for both those roles.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 01:37:07 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply BKU. If Positional Voice was implemented into TTT, that would be quite interesting.
Slix
Poster

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »

For now I'd like to wait and see how gmod's upcoming positional voice feature turns out. It could reduce voicechat clutter massively, and will generally change things up in that area.

Oh, interesting! Are you planning on making positional voice the only way to use voicechat (but traitors still have traitor chat?)
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [FIX] Mute Innocents Only « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length