Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:58:55 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Idea] Random kill fix? Jail and Hospital/Revival system
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: [Idea] Random kill fix? Jail and Hospital/Revival system  (Read 9137 times)
Nerdy
Poster

« on: June 29, 2010, 03:40:08 AM »

Now I just started playing TTT and I have had a lot of fun. But there has always been a problem. Random DM. Let me give you an example.

Example #1
Bob is playing TTT and thinks Tim is a Traitor. Bob has no proof but is for sure he is a traitor and wants to kill him so that he can win the game for his team. Bob takes the chance and kills Tim. Bob finds out Tim is in fact a traitor. But the other players in the server feel as though Bob had killed Tim with no proof and should there for be slayed and or kicked.

This goes on in a couple of servers that I play on and yes I can understand why they think Bob would need to be kicked because he had no proof and pretty much the RDMed him. But Tim was still a traitor and Bob still helped out his team. Now I know that there is no way to fix this part and I know that it is really up to the server admins to discuss this. But my ideas that I have might just make it so that this is aloud and for those players that do this in fact won't get kicked and or slayed.

Idea #1: Jail system

How the Jail system works. Players are giving a chance to find out who a traitor is. How? By killing any person they want. But there comes a cost. Players who kill an innocent are jailed for that whole round. No ifs ands or buts. Players who kill and innocent who is in fact a traitor gets to live and does not get sent to jail. You can also make it for people who RDM for no reason. The more innocent they kill the more rounds they are jailed for. So really it adds up. You kill an innocent for 2 rounds straight. Your jailed for that round and the next and so on. Get what I mean?

Now you might be thinking. What happens to the innocent who gets killed? Well I have a solution for that.

Idea #2: Hospital/Revival system

This only works when an innocent kills an innocent. This idea gives that innocent who just so happened to be killed by the other innocent a chance. The victim gets 60 secs to bleed out as I should say. Other innocents can comes to his rescue and can revive him.  This makes it so that they have a better chance at finding the traitors and won't have to lose a teammate from a RDM.

Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 03:47:55 AM »

I um... Well... WTF?

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Slix
Poster

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 03:51:08 AM »

Idea #2 is flawed unless a traitor killed by an innocent also gets to be rescued from death. Otherwise, it can act as definite proof that someone is innocent.

Idea #1 is what the Karma system is supposed to be. You don't do as much damage the next round. If I got jailed, I'd just leave the server. Plus, there are some legit reasons to kill innocents. What if that innocent just killed a detective (as RDM or something)? Obviously everyone should retaliate, but your system doesn't give any reduced punishment if there was a legit reason to kill an innocent (because he just killed someone!)
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 03:57:00 AM »

Now I just started playing TTT and I have had a lot of fun. But there has always been a problem. Random DM. Let me give you an example.

Example #1
Bob is playing TTT and thinks Tim is a Traitor. Bob has no proof but is for sure he is a traitor and wants to kill him so that he can win the game for his team. Bob takes the chance and kills Tim. Bob finds out Tim is in fact a traitor. But the other players in the server feel as though Bob had killed Tim with no proof and should there for be slayed and or kicked.

This goes on in a couple of servers that I play on and yes I can understand why they think Bob would need to be kicked because he had no proof and pretty much the RDMed him. But Tim was still a traitor and Bob still helped out his team. Now I know that there is no way to fix this part and I know that it is really up to the server admins to discuss this. But my ideas that I have might just make it so that this is aloud and for those players that do this in fact won't get kicked and or slayed.

Idea #1: Jail system

How the Jail system works. Players are giving a chance to find out who a traitor is. How? By killing any person they want. But there comes a cost. Players who kill an innocent are jailed for that whole round. No ifs ands or buts. Players who kill and innocent who is in fact a traitor gets to live and does not get sent to jail. You can also make it for people who RDM for no reason. The more innocent they kill the more rounds they are jailed for. So really it adds up. You kill an innocent for 2 rounds straight. Your jailed for that round and the next and so on. Get what I mean?

Now you might be thinking. What happens to the innocent who gets killed? Well I have a solution for that.

Idea #2: Hospital/Revival system

This only works when an innocent kills an innocent. This idea gives that innocent who just so happened to be killed by the other innocent a chance. The victim gets 60 secs to bleed out as I should say. Other innocents can comes to his rescue and can revive him.  This makes it so that they have a better chance at finding the traitors and won't have to lose a teammate from a RDM.

You do not understand TTT. Continue to play until you can come back and look at the baby spit you have saturated my screen in and shrink in terror.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 05:43:11 AM »

You do not understand TTT. Continue to play until you can come back and look at the baby spit you have saturated my screen in and shrink in terror.

I love you

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Tannerbondy
ZM2 Developer

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 05:45:10 AM »

eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 05:56:11 AM »

Number one is a terrible idea, traitors are supposed to be able to trick innocwents into killing each other.

Number two is a terrible idea, easy to exploit.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
laser2150
Poster

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 06:20:06 AM »

The thing about TTT is it's a game about paranoia and deception. Its not your average TDM.

RDM happens, people have bad hunches, something we decided was best for our server is that going after every bad RDM was tedious, and meaningless. 
Some of the best things for traitors is when players turn on one another, and the best kill is the one you didn't commit.

While overdoing it is dealt with, simple bad hunches are usually killed by other innocents, and it helps not need to regulate everything the player does.

While most don't like RDM, its a part of the game.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 06:36:21 AM »

Why did you number the examples if there was only one?

Anyway, I'm sure you put a lot of work into this, but no, TTT is about deception, and a few innocents killing each other is to be expected, every round. Back in the original TTT, before it grew so popular, nobody actually gave a shit if an innocent killed another innocent, because it meant that the Traitors were doing a good job.

I hate that the whole "RDM" thing ruined one of the best atmospheres TTT had.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 06:38:51 AM »

The original had only a handful of guys that could think logically, now we're dealing with the gmod community

I hate all of you
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 12:11:46 PM »

One of my best traitor tactics is to get innocents to kill other innocents. Also, it's not uncommon for me to kill traitor's based on hunches. I'm a pattern observer and can sometimes pick out a traitor simply because a player is doing some little habit that they only do as traitor.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
AttackingHobo
Poster

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 04:10:25 PM »

One of my best traitor tactics is to get innocents to kill other innocents. Also, it's not uncommon for me to kill traitor's based on hunches. I'm a pattern observer and can sometimes pick out a traitor simply because a player is doing some little habit that they only do as traitor.

That about sums it up. People being super suspicious get a Deagle bullet to the face, traitor or not.

"Stop following me so close. Stop Following me. Hey dude. Stop following me. Seriosly..... Ok... 3....2....1..." AND I SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE
Sven10
Poster

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 09:03:32 PM »

One of the BASIC things you SHOULD do is make other people believe you are not the traitor, and convince others that people who are innocent get killed by any means possible, usually framing.
killing out of suspicion is part of the game and i hate how everyone sais that even one wrong kill is rdm.
rdm is more or less killing someone without any reason. the other happens very frequently.

The only remedy actually is to have good admins or make people report them. other then that not much  ::)
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 02:14:56 AM »

Someone should code a nice feature whereby a player apon being killed, if after doing a lookup the system finds that an innocent has killed the person asks the person whether it was random or not.

This should not be used with an auto ban system yet should keep a log of how many "complaints" each player has in a gaming session, perhaps stored in a log file for lookup later.

This could also be used to notify admins of misdoings as the Karma system is not always a good indicator.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 02:18:32 AM »

Or instead of a shitty system, if a player loses more then x amount of karma in y amount of time he's kicked or some shit like that

I hate all of you
AttackingHobo
Poster

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 06:01:45 PM »

Or instead of a shitty system, if a player loses more then x amount of karma in y amount of time he's kicked or some shit like that

I don't like that. Sometimes people are dicks and will say "Hobo is the traitor kill him" when I am innocent and have done nothing. Soon people try to attack me, so I kill them, and I end up killing 3 or 4 innocents.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 11:05:20 PM »

Well with your above solution are you implying that those same people wouldn't be dicks and always say it was a random kill?

I hate all of you
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 11:58:25 PM »

Maybe you should just die, or hide instead of killing 3 or 4 damn people.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 12:09:15 PM »

Someone should code a nice feature whereby a player apon being killed, if after doing a lookup the system finds that an innocent has killed the person asks the person whether it was random or not.

This should not be used with an auto ban system yet should keep a log of how many "complaints" each player has in a gaming session, perhaps stored in a log file for lookup later.

This could also be used to notify admins of misdoings as the Karma system is not always a good indicator.

You'll never get anything useful out of that, people will smash the REPORT button regardless of it being a justified kill or not. I'd suggest you try playing enemy territory, some will always smash the teamkill button over forgive regardless of it being their fault.

People shout RDM quite  easily these days even if you used dna/logic to find and kill the traitor. I find the current system good enough as it is, it does require a lot of admin work and willingness of the admins to monitor damage logs and ask why they attacked someone. TTT is just one of those games that you can not automate or replace admin work by giving the publics some power.

Furthermore the OP in question has a lot to learn about TTT and is far from a decent TTT player. Having a hunch is fine, shooting the person because you have a mere hunch however is not.
You might want to check out the following guide made by one of my fellow admins who made an excellent innocents guide.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Idea] Random kill fix? Jail and Hospital/Revival system « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length