Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:54:36 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Idea] Attack alarm
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Idea] Attack alarm  (Read 6179 times)
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« on: June 26, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »

A detective can buy this at the cost of 1 credit.
The attack alarm is carried on the detective, but can be thrown to trustworthy innocents for use.

When the detective is attacked and loses a substantial amount of hp or perhaps if he activates it from his inventory.
Once activated the alarm sounds with loud volume for 30 seconds getting the attention of nearby players, if the traitor kills the detective he can destroy the alarm on the body by covertly searching the body.

The attack alarm would be useful for detectives as it means that if they don't have time to shout for help it gives their location away, as well as helping draw innocents to the body as long as the traitor doesn't break it.
However it also encourages traitors to attempt to kill a detective as quickly as possible to prevent the alarm from being activated and thus giving their location away.

The idea obviously needs improving so I'll leave that to the commenters.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 01:38:18 PM by Tyrant T100 »

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 03:04:07 PM »

Detectives are already killed as quickly as possible. If a person barely has time to shout out the name of his killer I highly doubt he'll have time to switch to a weapon and then activate it.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »

Detectives are already killed as quickly as possible. If a person barely has time to shout out the name of his killer I highly doubt he'll have time to switch to a weapon and then activate it.

but the 30% health activation thing might be a better option then.

Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 04:46:28 AM »

It's neat but I'm opposed to it greatly, since it seems retarded for a detective to waste a credit for a distress beeper which would probably only beep for 1 second if he gets mowed down. He should be smart, keep moving, as well as try to befriend people, and figure out who's innocent. This item, overall, seems to go against the detective doing his job in my opinion.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 06:45:25 AM »

It's neat but I'm opposed to it greatly, since it seems retarded for a detective to waste a credit for a distress beeper which would probably only beep for 1 second if he gets mowed down. He should be smart, keep moving, as well as try to befriend people, and figure out who's innocent. This item, overall, seems to go against the detective doing his job in my opinion.

It would beep for more than 1 second because it would repeatedly beep until a traitor breaks it.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 06:54:13 AM »

Seems like it would be useful if it starting beeping really loudly for something like a minute after the detective dies and can't be stopped. Even if many detectives don't buy it, it'll make Mr. Joe I-Like-Stabbing-The-Detective-Two-Seconds-Into-The-Round think twice before sticking our man in blue outright. 

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 07:14:58 AM »

Mr Joe is such a sly bastard.
I figured this would be something that is passive and pops out of the detective when they die, and beeps for about a minute.

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 01:59:31 PM »

We are going to add something like this but available through our new VIP system being developed to all classes.

Our version the alarm will have a low and high pass for damage, instant kills will not trigger the alarm. The alarm will sound for no more than 3 seconds and is passive.

We might also include a visible indicator that a player is using the alarm as a drawback.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 03:16:02 PM »

Sounds completely and utterly useless.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 05:41:48 PM »

It would beep for more than 1 second because it would repeatedly beep until a traitor breaks it.
Yea I was assuming too much, like the time between beeps. I think it would make a nice passive at the least.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Idea] Attack alarm « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length