Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:43:20 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: SLAGaming.net TTT Servers - Modded Weapons
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SLAGaming.net TTT Servers - Modded Weapons  (Read 8501 times)
commando66
Poster

« on: June 17, 2010, 05:06:21 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4-kJeiFHAM Items #1 (AWP, Tripmines,  Painstation, RC Activator, Fake Body)

NOTE: AWP Sound is different as the in-game one is too quiet.

SLAGaming.net MODDED TTT server #1

IP: 91.192.210.167:27016
Time Limit: 10 Minutes
Slots: X/25 (Traitor Ratio is reduced slightly)
Well Populated

SLAGaming.net MODDED TTT Server #2

IP: 91.192.210.170:27018
Time limit: 10 Minutes
Slots: X/20
Low Population (Very Recent)

Server #2 was going to be an unmodded server, but we believed it wouldnt be popular.

Chrik, the SLA (Sneaky Loud Assassins) founder, codes and creates new weapons and tools that make the server unique. Many suggestions are made by the community, some of which have been created.

Many items have been added and removed , items such as Sneaky Rocket Launcher, Keys, Nuke, Stungun, Curse, Jetpack have been removed after testing, either to balance out gameplay or removed for space. Suggestions are welcome on SLAGaming.net forums, expecially detective idias.

A List of custom items In Use:

•RC Activator
•Painstation
•Tripmines
•Fake body maker
•AWP
•Spy Camera (detective)
•AK47 (All / Random)
•Revolver (All / Random) (In Test)
•Curse (Edited)
•EMP (confuses test chambers)

VIP Benifits:

â€¢Incresed chance to be traitor
             â€¢Radar refreshes every 10 secs
             â€¢Bigger Jihad Explosion
             â€¢Stronger Magneto-Stick
             â€¢Model-change feature (All CSS/HL2 models included)
             â€¢Incresed Starting Credits

that is what a basic VIP level gets, Higher VIP levels unlock lower level admin commands.

VIPs do not have VIP weapons as it gives a disadvantage to them selves as VIP only weapons would be noticed and people will kill you on the proccess of elimination (this has been established in testing).

Server Major Features:

•Custom weapons/tools
•Custom anti-cheat system (autoban and kicks people using forms of cheating to gain advantage)
•Innocent Menu - you can buy upgraded weapons and tools after gaining credits from killing traitors.
•HL2 Player Models (For server #1 Only, Server #2 has CSS)

Minor Features:

•You can press Q as spectator to walk about (like a ghost)
•Gore effects, such as Exploding heads on headshot
•Ak47 - Sometimes replaces a few m16's in Maps
•Revolver - Sometimes replaces a pistol
•HUD Customization (Edits colours of the hud) - ttt_hudconfig in console

Anti RDM Features:

•When teamkilled you are given the message "you were killed by NAME who was innocent/traitor like you.
•When someone teamkill a message is broadcasted to all spectators / dead people of who teamkilled what.
•Admins are equiped with a plugin that helps eliminate RDM by spectating through walls and giving extra information such as overhead display of  character names (only activated automatically in spectator)
•Admins have access to damage and event logs
•You can access the forums from the server by typing /website where you can report RDMers, you must have steam ID, Name, the "story" and evidence, admin witnisses, chat log, video evidence etc.
•You can go to www.slagaming.net/bans to request a ban of player and see banned players.

RDM Ban Rules-
http://www.slagaming.net/vb/showthread.php?105-Trouble-In-Terrorist-Town-Ban-Rules

We always ask why someone RDM first, if they reply with a sensible "I suspected them" and mabye an apology you wont get any serious punishment
(most likely a warning to indicate you have teamkilled)

Chrik is currently working on Localized Sound which means all text, mic messages and in-game sounds (from players) is limited in range of hearing to X units, encouraging innocents to stick together. This will be a small project that might be tested, we still believe alot of fun of TTT is when people communicate

Coders, mappers, casual players are expecially welcome to our community.
We currently have a mapping project by one of our players.
All coding is done by chrik, coders are not needed but appreciated, but we'd love if people are capable of making icons for our new custom weapons.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 07:19:25 AM by commando66 »
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 08:43:13 AM »

http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=9797.0 no need for two threads. Although this one is more detailed.
commando66
Poster

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 03:00:58 PM »

Yes im aware of that thread, and i still wanted to post this, so this is a more detailed version, and allows you to actually see chriks work instead of judging it
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 03:34:33 PM »

Was your server the one with the one hit kill AWP?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:36:20 PM by Darkebrz »
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:37:39 PM »

The Newton launcher and the UMP aren't custom weapons...

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Colonel_Black
Poster

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »

Was your server the one with the one hit kill AWP?

We have no one hit kill weapons. (Other than the Knife which is already in TTT)
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 04:18:12 PM »

We have no one hit kill weapons. (Other than the Knife which is already in TTT)

How much does AWP actually do then, as it sure looks like its damn close to one hit one kill.
commando66
Poster

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 04:32:11 PM »

Its exagerated in the video (really is)
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 05:40:17 PM »

I just watched the video...so many of those items are ridiculously overpowered.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
commando66
Poster

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 05:45:32 PM »

Whats overpowered about them
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 05:55:09 PM »

For a few examples, that remote mine.  Killed what, four innocents and had a 1.5 second delay?  That looks like it makes the C4 near useless. Painstation, it makes innocents reject health stations used from detective in fear that there may be something up with it.  Curse, is there even a way to avoid something like that? It looks like a revenge insta-kill to me.  The RC activator actually looks pretty interesting though. A suggestion for the spy camera...hrm. Being able to move it around in a 180 degree way, while being able to see the name of the people. 
I also got to state, donators getting a higher chance to be a traitor...no, just no.  That pretty much kills the entire purpose of paranoia, knowing that <insert name here> is most likely going to be a traitor, we should keep a definant eye on him or just kill him outright!

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 06:06:54 PM »

I may have said it before, but I dislike that the "painstation" discourages players to use health stations. Tripmines are cheap, and if I was killed by one, I would feel cheated. The RC activator is pretty cool actually, but is extremely situational. As I said earlier, the UMP and Newton launcher are TTT default, so don't advertise them as a specialty to the server. The curse is overpowered because anyone that completes an objective to the game isn't rewarded for it, but punished, in the form of being killed. The camera seems pointless and the AWP is a bit overpowered if someone manages to find a hiding spot with a little foliage, or darkness.

*EDIT* damn, preposted.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
commando66
Poster

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 07:11:59 PM »

That is the old tripmines, they have a massive delay now and lower explosion,  the donators dont get a massivly big chance to be traitor, and i did not know newton launcher and UMP are default, i have not seen them in any release notes (except most recent note)

The curse has already been requested to be removed,

Its incredibly hard to see in darkness with the awp, thats one of the down sides to it.

Also please no more bloody posts about "this weapon is overpowered"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:18:39 PM by commando66 »
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 09:24:52 PM »

The video was uploaded yesterday so umm a massive delay has been added in one day?

Also you cant blame people for commenting on custom weapons, when you are regarding it as your servers main feature and advertising them in such detail.  Personally I believe alot of these custom weapons you have mentioned ruin server gameplay, forcing innocents into going it alone rather than sticking into small groups which they should.

You not only have the Jihad bomb, yet also tripmines etc. Why would any sane innocent not go on his own.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »

Tripmines are not remotely triggered mines.
commando66
Poster

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »

Tripmines are not remotely triggered mines.

You can tell chrik that they arnt remotely triggered mines as i have, the tripmines arnt used often by people, they are not extremely powerful they have a small blast radius the beep alot before exploding, and its instantly recongnized. Being honest with you i couldnt be bothered getting recordings of the fixed tripmines i just took some old recording. You guys can say what ever you like but i really really hate people saying "i THINK they ruin gameplay"
Tropical Coke
Poster

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 09:05:21 PM »

A List of custom items In Use:

•RC Activator
•Painstation
•Tripmines
•Fake body maker
•AWP
•Spy Camera (detective)
•AK47 (All / Random)
•Revolver (All / Random) (In Test)
•Curse (Edited)
•EMP (confuses test chambers)

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

VIP Benifits:

•Incresed chance to be traitor
              •Radar refreshes every 10 secs
              •Bigger Jihad Explosion
              •Stronger Magneto-Stick
              •Model-change feature (All CSS/HL2 models included)
              •Incresed Starting Credits

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »

[Edit] I have no idea who I am technically addressing this to. I am a bit tired. Just wanted to get this out there. It's good info to know.

You've hit a bit of a sore spot within this community having a modified server. It has a bit of history behind it.

When Zombie Master came out it was a really great, exciting, and relatively easy game to get into and figure out. Then people started to set up servers with different server mods. Things like roll the dice, things like ammo and health regen, custom models, and a whole mess of other things. This wasn't too bad, until the modified servers started to take over in numbers. Now whenever a new player downloaded zm, they had a 4 in 5 chance of hopping onto a server that was so modded it should not have even been called ZM anymore.

So here we are, the same community but with a new game that we all really enjoy and we are starting to see the same red flags. We don't want history to repeat itself. We don't want to get to a point where "our" game is no longer sustainable due to the actions of others.

One of the biggest issues is that some server owners perceive that if one server is doing well and has x mod, then THEY must have x mod as well to do well. As a result the original game stops existing and all new comers are disappointed by a game that does not deliver on what it claims to be, but through no fault of the developers, but instead that of server owners.

I'm not calling you out or anything, just letting you know where we are coming from.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: SLAGaming.net TTT Servers - Modded Weapons « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length