Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 07:00:28 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor idea. The Sponge.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Traitor idea. The Sponge.  (Read 5132 times)
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« on: June 12, 2010, 02:40:48 PM »

Basically this is a sponge, and you know what you do with sponges right? (well most of us do.)

you clean with them. This nifty little tool can be bought in the Traitors C menu and you can clean decals with it. However with this, there is one drawback, it takes 10 seconds to recharge after you have cleaned blood splatters from the floor.

We all hate those blood splatters, even after we have removed the corpse from the vicinity those tell tale blood splatters give us away. With this sponge, traitors can clean the floor and areas with blood splatters on them so that they cannot be detected as an area with recent fighting. However, a second drawback of this would have to be that only the map area, e.g floor, cieling, walls, map props (static) can be cleaned, as physics props will be stained with blood.

Due to this, traitors have to be careful when cleaning areas, and making sure there are no people around to see them do this.

The sponge can be taken by any person, and therefore cannot be directly linked with a traitor, even though its a traitor weapon, the world model for it would have to be the Loo Roll css model, unless someone makes one, or there is a model on gmod.org

Any Extra Ideas? Constructive Criticism?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 02:42:54 PM by phoenixf129 »

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 02:51:47 PM »

Its a nice idea, but I would rather flare gun the corpse.

I personally rarely pay attention to blood splatters as most of them are caused either in pre round or by a body that has already been identified.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 03:12:20 PM »

Yeah, but even if you have flared the corpse, there is a stain left behind...

you can remove that stain with the sponge.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »

Blood is client side. To have a sponge they would need to be moved serverside. It has been suggested in the past and shot down for that reason.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 04:04:10 PM »

I still like this idea though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »

I still like this idea though.
Same. It's a good idea but fuck it would be bad if blood was serverside.

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor idea. The Sponge. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length