Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:29:14 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Map] Office of Terror
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: [Map] Office of Terror  (Read 11653 times)
Soljia
Poster

« on: June 04, 2010, 11:48:58 PM »

Version 2 is out, check out 2nd page!
http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=9808.20

Note: This map is a early version, no where near complete. I believe we need more maps, so I released a part done map that is playable.

This map is/going to be a office building with 4-5 floors. Basement, Spa floor, Office cubicle floor, a damaged/flooded floor. Each floor has a lot traps and benefit for the innocent and traitors alike. All the floors are connected by a stairwell, ventilation system and a broken elevator (shaft w/ ladder). (Soon to also be connected by winder washer lift on outside).

Traps
-Steam/Sauna can be locked and temperature will rise and slowly kill.
-Elevator can be caused to fall (+USE on top)
-Radio can be thrown in pool to kill
-Garbage Compactor (self explanatory)

Trap Mechanics
-Steam/Sauna will give warning when trap is engaged giving 5 seconds to unlock before pain.
-Elevator will fall a short distance until the brakes kick in, but they fail after 5 seconds.
-Radio can be killed or pulled out of wall.
-Garbage Compactor will give a few seconds until running.

Interesting Bits
-You can shoot trough vent grates
-Throw bodies down elevator shaft and the garbage shoot
-If the steam/sauna room is not trapped, it will heal you!

Let me know what you think! Remember... it's not finished. And this will be my first (released) map EVA!
Any ideas throw em my way
Soljia@gmail.com

Pictures

Download
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 04:48:41 AM by Soljia »
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 11:57:48 PM »

Ok so it sounds like it can be really cool and work quite nicely.

The radio killing people in the pool worries me a bit for example how big is the pool and is instant kill really needed i think this might work a bit better by taking a large chunk out of a persons health rather then kill.

There should be a mechanic where if multiple people are in the pool the damage is divided up by the number of people in there.

Um to make people go into the garbage/ trash compactor you should place an object of interest / want, mainly guns etc.

warning for the sauna is it musical or visual?

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Soljia
Poster

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 12:05:18 AM »

Ok so it sounds like it can be really cool and work quite nicely.

The radio killing people in the pool worries me a bit for example how big is the pool and is instant kill really needed i think this might work a bit better by taking a large chunk out of a persons health rather then kill.

There should be a mechanic where if multiple people are in the pool the damage is divided up by the number of people in there.

Um to make people go into the garbage/ trash compactor you should place an object of interest / want, mainly guns etc.

warning for the sauna is it musical or visual?

The warning for the Sauna is currently done by showing text in the upper right corner of screen
"The sauna room door locks, as the temperature starts to rise"
and same for steam room.

I will consider the other ideas if there is problems, and see if I can implement them.

Thank You :)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 07:17:33 AM »

Please include pictures.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Soljia
Poster

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 01:42:52 PM »

Please include pictures.

Done, sorry :)
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 05:48:25 PM »

Looks good so far. Can't wait.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »

Ok so we have the Beta on ECG ttt#1 & 2 running at the moment all i can say at the moment is very small but otherwise nice map there is a complaint of when you armed it there is no ammo anywhere pretty much.

& apparently the doors close and take some damage from you a bit.

So ye so far its quite nice but needs those extra floors done and = happy :)

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 05:52:23 PM »

It will be added to the PEZ server once a few improvements have been made.
Soljia
Poster

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 07:48:43 PM »

Ok so we have the Beta on ECG ttt#1 & 2 running at the moment all i can say at the moment is very small but otherwise nice map there is a complaint of when you armed it there is no ammo anywhere pretty much.

& apparently the doors close and take some damage from you a bit.

So ye so far its quite nice but needs those extra floors done and = happy :)

Thank you for the feedback. Some doors I have intentionally doing damage, so people cannot block them with themselves. Once the other floors done there will be plenty of weapons and ammo. I think I'm gonna stratigically put enough pistols for everyone, and the other weapons will be limited to maybe 16 or so, with TONS of ammo. So, this will make it a little bit harder on the traitors to switch weapons :) But I'm unsure of this plan yet.
NaPStone
Poster

Stone: KDR Ratio: 0.something

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 04:11:31 PM »

I await eagerly.

[NaP]Stone.
Admin Of Chiefehs Servers.
ZM Player
TTT Playe
*INSERT GAME HERE* Player
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 07:46:20 PM »

I would get rid of the doors doing damage. I often walk right up to doors when I open them, and it's not fun taking a few points of damage :(.
Also, make the steam and sauna regenerate health a little bit slower. It seems to much like an easy way out of danger right now.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 11:23:49 PM »

What? There IS a point for sitting in the sauna/steam room. To much of a point, because you just pop in for a few seconds and then pop out. It makes you think you don't have to be as careful, and it makes detectives purchasing a health station pointless.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 11:48:59 PM »

What? There IS a point for sitting in the sauna/steam room. To much of a point, because you just pop in for a few seconds and then pop out. It makes you think you don't have to be as careful, and it makes detectives purchasing a health station pointless.

It should be allot slower agreed like maybe 2 a second

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Soljia
Poster

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 12:47:08 AM »

I do agree, the heal at the moment is far too powerful. Next release will see a dramatic decrease in healing and damage of the steam and sauna room.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 01:06:32 AM »

I would take that damage off the doors it is annoying as hell and i got the radio held up to me and i died so did the radio now this was either a regular propkill but i didnt look like enough force was being used. Or the radio can instant kill people it touches very useful for someone but not what its meant to be.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Soljia
Poster

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 01:22:10 AM »

it was a propkill. And the doors damage will be removed.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 01:54:46 PM »

Have either of you two tested this? One claims possible glitch, one says prop kill. Can it be tested, if it hasn't already?

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Soljia
Poster

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 02:54:06 PM »

Have either of you two tested this? One claims possible glitch, one says prop kill. Can it be tested, if it hasn't already?

It will get it's runs, it's not offically released. Plus, there is no trigger_hurt around the radio so it can't possibly kill like the pool :) (and the pool is not parented to the radio)
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 12:09:52 AM »

Note: This map is a early version, no where near complete. I believe we need more maps, so I released a part done map that is playable.
outside).

Enough said meta. I am waiting for the next v.
Soljia
Poster

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 05:20:10 AM »

Update via pictures (not the BSP, sorry)

New

-Office Level
Includes a fridge which you can get out of to VERY SLOWLY gain health (unlike previous steam and sauna). Which will audibly play a eating sound to all nearby (the heavy sandvich sound for now). You also must +USE every time you want to gain health. This fridge has two items in item (milk and chinese food) which match exactly, food that is found in the trash can next to it. Place one of the foods in the trash can in the fridge and it hurts instead of heals.

-Textures
-Pool radio now is on a circuit that break once it hits water. So only 1 zap (kills all in the pool) per circuit reset. The circuit breaker is the floor below.

Fixed
-Lighting (less annoyingly bright)
-Steam and Sauna have MUCH slower HP regain.
-Buttons moved to front of each room (steam and sauna)
-Removed door damage

Soon
-Doors removed to bathroom (just annoying)
-Replaced with a new entrance

Future
- Rooftop
- Construction below the office level

*ignore the purple, this was done with Fast Rad and Vis, without cubemaps being built :)

« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 02:54:35 PM by Soljia »
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Map] Office of Terror « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length