Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:26:52 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Karma bug when traitor.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Karma bug when traitor.  (Read 4971 times)
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« on: June 02, 2010, 04:44:42 PM »

So on a number of occasions now i have been a traitor and i have gone ahead and planted c4 which turns out to be usually a great success killing a good 6 or so people on average.

Now in that when a fellow traitor is stupid enough to be blown up by my c4 in the end of round report it says they blew them self up. It should not be reflected on me because they are so stupid as to be blown up by c4 that has been on there screen for a long time. This is accomplished in the score but not the karma.

So this happens and my score does not go down but my karma does in fact i have received my lowest karma ever because of this happening (690 karma) I was wondering if this is a known bug and is going to be fixed or can it be fixed as a number of servers use karma as a ban level for a period of time and it seems unfair to ban when this happens.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »

How many traitors did you kill to get 690 karma?

Also this is not really a bug, sadly a traitor SHOULD know better than to run into the blast radius of a C4, but sometimes it is caused by the malicious intent or stupidity of the c4 placer. Let's say the traitor buddy is trapped in a testing room, is it their fault they died, or yours?

I think it's better that it stay as is.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 04:51:34 PM »

It's really hard to purposefully kill someone with the C4 when they know where it is. If the traitor is locked up, then chances are the innocents will kill him anyway.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 04:55:27 PM »

How many traitors did you kill to get 690 karma?

Also this is not really a bug, sadly a traitor SHOULD know better than to run into the blast radius of a C4, but sometimes it is caused by the malicious intent or stupidity of the c4 placer. Let's say the traitor buddy is trapped in a testing room, is it their fault they died, or yours?
I think it's better that it stay as is.

It happened over a couple of round that i planted c4 in the same place in homegrown and therefore there is no place for them to be stuck. I do not know the total number of traitors killed but i think it was low.

I just think that the karma should be transferred over too say the person who got killed by the c4 or no karma reduction for either party.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:41:19 PM by Handy_man »

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 05:36:11 PM »

I have planted c4 in clue in a spot that is hard to see, and I even tell my traitor buddies to steer clear of it.
HOWEVER, they always seem to mosey into the 750 insta-kill radius.
I think fellow traitor kills with c4 should NOT penalize your karma, as 45 seconds is plenty to get away from c4.

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 05:46:54 PM »

As evidenced by the score not counting it as a kill, karma also shouldn't, so this is a bug. I'll put it on my list.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Karma bug when traitor. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length