Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:17:20 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: SLAGaming.net Trouble In Terrorist Town Server [MODIFIED]
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SLAGaming.net Trouble In Terrorist Town Server [MODIFIED]  (Read 9484 times)
Chrik
Poster

Owner Of SLAGaming.net Community

« on: June 01, 2010, 08:46:51 AM »

What is SLAGaming?
I started SLAGaming for a few months ago.
My idea was to create a community with tolerant and friendly members, without being minge-infested.
And now, i must say this is a success.

Server Information:

IP: 91.192.210.167:27016  [ 25 slots ]

* We only choose mature admins, who is neutral, friendly, and does not abuse. (One of our most active administrators is 49 years old.)
* Our server's TTT gamemode has a lot of modifications (made by me), which makes our server unique.
* Our modifications includes:
Gore - If you explode, skulls and bones will appear. If you get killed by a headshot your head will blow off.
Music  - If traitors win, a specific song will play. If innocent wins, another specific song will play.
Weapons - Check out the AK47, AWP, and a lot of traitor weapons including tripmines, painstations, jihad, Fake Body, and a lot more!
VIP - If you want to help us, you can buy VIP! Since we respect our players who are not able to pay, we try our best to prevent VIP from getting unfair advantages.
VIP Features - Better chance to be traitor, Jihad is a little more effective, Radar is a little more effective, DNA Scanner is more effective, and a lot more!
RDM Notifier - If you get RDMed (Innocent kills innocent or traitor kills traitor), our admins will be notified.
You will be informed about who killed you as well.
Models - Are you tired of the Terrorist models? On our server, we use playermodels like citizens, rebels, and combine!

We have Scriptenforcer activated, and a anti-cheat script installed. (Made by me).

See you on the server!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 08:49:39 AM by Chrik »

TTT #1: 109.70.148.68:27015
TTT #2: 109.70.148.68:27018

TTT servers with a Hats/Models Shop, achievements, highscores and more!
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:51:46 AM »

I'm not too hapy about the custom stuff, it's too hard to find a good, vanilla TTT server these days. I see a couple of your points which make your community unique, or great. Most communities say this. The "RDM" notifier seems like a silly idea as innocents kill innocents by accident all the time. It's what made this gamemode so great at the beginning, so to be reported after killing just one innocent, is kinda "lame". Also, no terrorist models in Trouble in Terrorist Town? I hope they are still an option.

Regarding the music, is the client able to disable the music? Seems like fun sometimes but other times I might just like a little quiet. 25 slots seem a little much, but a lot of servers have used these, so I assume people this 25 is the default TTT slot number? It was actually 16, which kept it simple, and helped lower mic spam. I don't like VIP features in games, but I do understand them, because you need to pay for your servers, and you would like to thank the people that donate. So that's understandable. Tripmines are unfair, and jihad is a little silly. Nobody would like to walk town a hall, and then just explode for no reason because there was a tripmine there. I guess painstations are items that look like health stations, but they kill you? They can easily be defeated by asking the detective if he made a health station. Jihad is stupid, because there is already C4, and incendiary grenades for dispersing crowds, and for areal denial.

That said, good luck with your community, but these were just my two cents on why I wont join you on it, nor on many other servers. After writing it, I forgot the point of why I wrote it, but since I took the time to write it, I might as well post it.

Out of curiosity, what does the "SLA" mean? I hope it's regarding the Sahrani Liberaton Army.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 12:35:44 PM »

I like modified servers, but for me this seams too modified. I also believe the ak47 and awp are heavily overpowered when used in TT.

However a server caters for a clientèle and Im sure they are happy with the server :).

Happy gaming.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 04:23:05 PM »

Personally i dislike too much modification of the game mode as it generally leads too overpowered on one side.

Is this the same Fake body creator that a friend was telling me about and it crashed your server because there is no limit to how many bodies can be spawned?

I am sure you will do fine with the 25 man server we have two at ECG and they usually are ok.

Good luck with your community and game server and if the body creator is the same one i suggest you make a change to the code.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Chrik
Poster

Owner Of SLAGaming.net Community

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 04:38:36 PM »

SLA means "Sneaky Loud Assassins"
And no, the ak47 and awp is not overpowered. The AWP has a better zoom than the scout, and the ak47 has higher damage but recoils more. (Like opposite to the m16).

The fakebody does not crash the server. And it is me who made it.
Thanks a lot everybody. :)

TTT #1: 109.70.148.68:27015
TTT #2: 109.70.148.68:27018

TTT servers with a Hats/Models Shop, achievements, highscores and more!
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 06:44:55 PM »

Don't fix something that aint broke.

That's my opinion.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 07:07:01 PM »

I don't like the new community's lack of understanding on what RDM is. Innocents are supposed to be tricked into killing each other. That was, and my opinion still is, a very big part of the game mode and a very good strategy for traitors to use. If an innocent kills another innocent because of suspicion, that is not RDM. RDM is for a person to go onto a server and begin killing people without reason, probably because they don't understand the game mode. Or they are an asshole.

Either way, this is why I understand the Karma system but don't agree with it.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 11:08:23 PM »

Oh god, why do the VIP's have a better chance of being traitor? That does not seem good.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Atrevir
Poster

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 12:00:44 AM »

i have bad experiences with SLA members so i guess their server isn't that good either however that might differ. add that there is a diffrence between RDM and killing with a reason like a traitor tricking the innocents. and jihad is just silly ;p

If you aren't Iced, you just haven't played long enough.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 03:35:34 AM »

Yea a item that lets you spawn a bunch of unidentified ragdolls definitely can't crash a server. In no way, can that be conceivably possible. In no way, when I went in the server, on ttt_office and spawned 2232392 ragdolls in the trashcan, did everyone's ping skyrocket, and eventually crash your server...

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Nel
Poster

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 03:55:03 AM »

Yea a item that lets you spawn a bunch of unidentified ragdolls definitely can't crash a server. In no way, can that be conceivably possible. In no way, when I went in the server, on ttt_office and spawned 2232392 ragdolls in the trashcan, did everyone's ping skyrocket, and eventually crash your server...

So you purposefully crashed his server?
Dinner
Poster

The Harlem Globetrotters: Fashion World Tour

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 04:05:12 AM »

With a clearly broken feature.

Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 04:40:22 AM »

@Nel

Well when someone says no it can't.... I... >: Err maybe...

Also, I don't think this was the same server. I was on like Ican't.org or something. It had the same items apparently though.

edit: typo
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 04:41:55 AM by Meta-Stick »

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 03:58:16 PM »

Well a broken feature is a broken feature what a better way then to prove that this can happen as he seemed to believe it could not even if it was not his server if he has the same feature it needs to be addressed.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Colonel_Black
Poster

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 09:34:26 AM »

Don't fix something that aint broke.

That's my opinion.

Yes, but to make us unique and different to the other servers, it works.
Oh god, why do the VIP's have a better chance of being traitor? That does not seem good.

It isn't a massively high chance extra. It is just giving something back to the people who help us.
i have bad experiences with SLA members so i guess their server isn't that good either however that might differ. add that there is a diffrence between RDM and killing with a reason like a traitor tricking the innocents. and jihad is just silly ;p

There are some idiots, but with me now running the player base along with the ban system, it is slowly improving. Also, we always ask why someone was killed before removing them. (We know it isn't always an intended RDM)

You couldn't have been on our server then... There is no way to spawn more than one body. Once you've spawned one, that is it, the item is used up.

With what I just said above, no, it isn't possible like that.

Also guys, all broken features are fixed within the hour. We currently have no broken features. We read all bug reports on the forum and they get fixed as soon as possible.
But these extra features is what makes us unique and have 25/25 the majority of the time.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 10:48:08 AM »

Yes, but to make us unique and different to the other servers,

No, because almost every server is modified. So you are infact what we like to call. Upgrades cancer.

my god
tehshadow
Build Tester

Detective Slowpoke- The Fanciest Detective

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 12:05:45 AM »

But these extra features is what makes us unique and have 25/25 the majority of the time.

Oh god, that seems like too many people. I think that 20 is too many.

I am not painting myself blue and making a forehead vagina out of paper mache. >:/
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 04:34:01 AM »

[Edit] I have no idea who I am technically addressing this to. I am a bit tired. Just wanted to get this out there. It's good info to know.

You've hit a bit of a sore spot within this community having a modified server. It has a bit of history behind it.

When Zombie Master came out it was a really great, exciting, and relatively easy game to get into and figure out. Then people started to set up servers with different server mods. Things like roll the dice, things like ammo and health regen, custom models, and a whole mess of other things. This wasn't too bad, until the modified servers started to take over in numbers. Now whenever a new player downloaded zm, they had a 4 in 5 chance of hopping onto a server that was so modded it should not have even been called ZM anymore.

So here we are, the same community but with a new game that we all really enjoy and we are starting to see the same red flags. We don't want history to repeat itself. We don't want to get to a point where "our" game is no longer sustainable due to the actions of others.

One of the biggest issues is that some server owners perceive that if one server is doing well and has x mod, then THEY must have x mod as well to do well. As a result the original game stops existing and all new comers are disappointed by a game that does not deliver on what it claims to be, but through no fault of the developers, but instead that of server owners.

I'm not calling you out or anything, just letting you know where we are coming from.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 04:26:00 PM by JossiRossi »

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 09:34:18 AM »

Jossis post must be quoted for truth in the relevant futures threads.

my god
Sacmo
Poster

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 09:17:08 AM »

[Edit] I have no idea who I am technically addressing this to. I am a bit tired. Just wanted to get this out there. It's good info to know.

You've hit a bit of a sore spot within this community having a modified server. It has a bit of history behind it.

When Zombie Master came out it was a really great, exciting, and relatively easy game to get into and figure out. Then people started to set up servers with different server mods. Things like roll the dice, things like ammo and health regen, custom models, and a whole mess of other things. This wasn't too bad, until the modified servers started to take over in numbers. Now whenever a new player downloaded zm, they had a 4 in 5 chance of hopping onto a server that was so modded it should not have even been called ZM anymore.

So here we are, the same community but with a new game that we all really enjoy and we are starting to see the same red flags. We don't want history to repeat itself. We don't want to get to a point where "our" game is no longer sustainable due to the actions of others.

One of the biggest issues is that some server owners perceive that if one server is doing well and has x mod, then THEY must have x mod as well to do well. As a result the original game stops existing and all new comers are disappointed by a game that does not deliver on what it claims to be, but through no fault of the developers, but instead that of server owners.

I'm not calling you out or anything, just letting you know where we are coming from.

I really like where this guy is coming from, and I gotta agree here, I mean we have 1 customized content on 2 out 4 servers we have for ttt. but there masks, something fun for people to earn and laugh about :)

Good read and good point there made jossi.

Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: SLAGaming.net Trouble In Terrorist Town Server [MODIFIED] « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length