Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 06:39:12 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Bug / Glitch
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bug / Glitch  (Read 5921 times)
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« on: May 16, 2010, 03:30:45 PM »

Found a bug / glitch.

When your standing on someones head, and you kill them from above(headshot), you die from fall damage.

Very funny, but should be sorted.

~Phoenix

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 03:38:24 PM »

Does not happen when I reproduce the situation with bots. Probably some physics glitch due to lag or whatever.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 06:09:50 PM »

Which doesn't make sense because players don't collide with ragdolls.

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 06:20:28 PM »

Seeing as it is impossible to receive fall damage when falling from a player-size height (can't get enough speed for damage) there aren't many explanations that do make sense.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 06:55:29 PM »

I have suffered fall damage from walking over a book before. Almost killed me :O. Just blame it on the funky physics engine combined with lag combined with awful luck.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 07:52:23 PM »

Does not happen when I reproduce the situation with bots. Probably some physics glitch due to lag or whatever.

Try doing it with a knife.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 11:30:52 PM »

I've had this happen before. I don't think there's any way to fix it. I could make a short video of this if, using every weapon if it'd help.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 11:36:43 PM »

I've had this happen before. I don't think there's any way to fix it. I could make a short video of this if, using every weapon if it'd help.

It does it every time when i use the knife and STAB the person below me in the head.

Then you hear a chorus of "OMGWTFBBQ" when people see i died from fall damage, and that dude died from a knife.

Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 06:43:49 AM »

As long as it's a one hit kill, I think it kills you. I've shotgunned someone while on their head, and it killed me.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 11:12:25 AM »

I've been able to reproduce this. It does only happen for one hit kills, and the person your standing on must not be moving.

For some reason, when this happens you hit the ground with a velocity of 900 to 1000 units, basically bogus amounts. I don't know who to attribute that glitching to, but I've worked around it by moving an attacker up by one unit if they are standing on the person they kill. That tiny amount is enough to make you not officially stand on them, which seems to prevent the crazy fall speed. You just get bumped to the side a bit.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 11:44:05 AM »

Case solved... I'm surprised so much work on TTT in so little time... lol

phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 12:34:23 PM »

Yeah, i only found out originally when i ninja-moved someone from ontop of the doorway in cluedo, landed on his head and knifed him.

Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Bug / Glitch « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length