Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:55:31 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Not working in Fretta
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not working in Fretta  (Read 5834 times)
toco123
Poster

« on: May 14, 2010, 11:03:38 AM »

For some reason the gamemode does not appear in the Fretta voting list?
I can start the server on TTT, but can't vote to change to it?

EDIT: TTT works perfectly apart from not appearing on the voting list.
I can vote for a gamemode while on TTT, but I can't vote for TTT, no matter what gamemode I'm in.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:06:48 AM by toco123 »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 11:42:40 AM »

It shows up for me, in other gamemodes and in TTT itself.

Is there an info.txt in /garrysmod/gamemodes/terrortown/?
toco123
Poster

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:56:28 AM »

Yup first thing I checked, looked perfect and everything.
I reinstalled the dedi and tried again, no luck.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 12:53:25 PM »

I just installed the latest TTT version on my own DS, which has no other gamemodes, just gmod + cstrike content. Launched the server, ran "changegamemode gm_flatgrass fretta" to switch to the barebones fretta base gamemode, and voted to change. TTT was in the list as the only gamemode.

You could try replicating that process, test without other gamemodes or something, I really don't know.
toco123
Poster

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 01:31:08 PM »

1. I simply do a "changegamemode gm_flatgrass fretta" and call a vote. No TTT.
2. I remove all gamemodes except TTT. I start the dedi with +map cs_office +sv_defaultgamemode terrortown. I call a vote. No TTT.
3. I remove all gamemodes except TTT. I start the dedi with +map gm_flatgrass +sv_defaultgamemode Fretta. I call a vote. No TTT.
4. I download the latest TTT version (again), I install a new dedicated server with nothing but the TTT and CSS content. I create a basic server.cfg. -

hostname "ZombieSurvivalists.co.uk | Fretta Test | FastDL"
rcon_password "******"
fretta_voting "1"

I use an extremely basic commandline:
-maxplayers 32 -port 29001 -game garrysmod -ip 193.33.187.110 -console +map gm_flatgrass +sv_defaultgamemode Fretta

Guess what?
I call a vote. No TTT.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 03:10:16 PM »

The only way I was able to replicate this is by renaming my cstrike directory so that gmod can't mount it. Gmod sometimes has a hard time mounting perfectly good cstrike content installs.

To check if this might be the case here, when you start your server directly into the TTT gamemode, could you check if in the server console, a few lines below "Trouble in Terrorist Town gamemode initializing" it says "WARNING: CS:S does not appear to be mounted by GMod [...]"?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:11:27 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
toco123
Poster

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 05:31:28 PM »

Well as I said, the gamemode is playing perfectly. Just not appearing on the vote list :/
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 05:39:30 PM »

I'm not asking if it works, I'm asking if GMod thinks cstrike content is mounted, which you can verify via that warning.
toco123
Poster

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 06:43:55 PM »

Hmmm, perhaps this is a high possibility as I usually get away with only copying maps, materials, models and sounds from a clean install and pasting in the garrsymod folder.

Anyway, capturing program output for +map cs_office +sv_defaultgamemode terrortown.

And there you have it:

Mounting cstrike.. Failed

WARNING: CS:S does not appear to be mounted by GMod. Things may break in strange ways. Server admin? Check the TTT readme for help.

So, I go and remove maps, materials, models and sounds, do a HLDS update, and mount the content normally.
I copy my cstrike folder to where it should be.
Appears to have made a better effort at loading content.
I load GMod, and enter the server. I cast a vote. Success

+1 to BKU
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Not working in Fretta « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length