Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:22:25 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Amsterville to Nexus
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amsterville to Nexus  (Read 3529 times)
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« on: April 27, 2010, 08:25:46 AM »

I was playing on a server, and the map cycle was going normally as it does. The map went from ttt_amsterville_rc1b
, to ttt_nexus_final. When that happened, the only thing you could see on the monitors was the police station from amsterville. It has happened a lot, any explanation for this? It's weird.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 08:49:17 AM »

Seems like a bug in rendertarget. Maybe in gmod, maybe in Source. Not really my area.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 09:34:55 AM »

I've seen something similar with the props from amsterville sticking until the client is restarted. It's happened in maps other than Amsterville, as well as when I used to play Zombie Master. I think it's a source bug. I doubt there's a lot I can do.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:19:51 AM »

Yea, I was just curious what could cause it, guess we won't know for now. Very odd that a map can display a previous map on a monitor.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 11:52:45 AM »

It's not really the map that's doing it, but your game. The monitors just show a texture, which in this case was rendered on the previous map, somehow not reset upon mapswitch, and somehow not being rendered to by the game despite being told to. So the last still image it rendered to the texture (the police station) just stays on there. It won't be moving, it's not actively rendering the old map, it's just showing old data.

If you had this happen, and I were to join the game while it's on nexus, I would see nexus on the same monitors you see amsterville on.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Amsterville to Nexus « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length