Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:54:13 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Incendiaries
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Incendiaries  (Read 5604 times)
deathscent
Poster

« on: April 23, 2010, 08:06:56 PM »

This has happened many times, and it's REALLY GOD DAMN ANNOYING. Asshats throw incendiaries pre-round, and you happen to take damage as round starts from the fire, usually because you run into it. This has happened many times to me, and it's REALLY god damn annoying. I'm thinking it's not that difficult to code it so that when round hasn't started, any grenade thrown will not produce damaging fire. And then when round starts, grenades can be thrown to produce damaging fire.
Is it possible, or does it mess up too much?
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 08:22:22 PM »

It would be easier to just prevent any grenade throwing pre round.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
deathscent
Poster

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:23:36 PM »

true enough...

EDIT: on that note, it's easier to prevent the firing of any weapon pre round
Nel
Poster

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:11:54 PM »

Then you couldn't break a window or prop that's in your way pre-round.  I think the no damage plan works just fine.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 09:37:08 PM »

What's the difference between fire thrown after the round starts and fire thrown pre-round? Are you running into it intentionally? Why should that be a good idea?
deathscent
Poster

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »

What's the difference between fire thrown after the round starts and fire thrown pre-round? Are you running into it intentionally? Why should that be a good idea?

both fires cause damage, and more often than not, i'm victim to being trapped somewhere and being set on fire as round starts. today, for instance, i lost like 70hp because a bunch of people were nade whoring, so i start round with ~30 health. i'm not running into it intentionally, it's so much that i can't escape the fire, especially when i go afk for all five seconds. this is something that affects a lot of people, i'm sure, and i've seen a lot of people lose health to fire JUST as round starts for stupid reasons.

as for Nel, i've never experienced a window or prop blocking my way preround.

ooh, while i'm on the topic of possible changes, is it possible to change the stupid spawn location on italy, or would that require an entire map reworking?
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 11:44:40 PM »

How is them throwing grenades pre round different from throwing them into the round? It still hurts their karma. If there are a ton of grenades at the spawn, it's the fault of the map.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 06:20:09 AM »

He has a good point, the only problem with incens is that you can trap people in rooms with them pre-round, and when the round starts, it kills them. I rarely seen this done, so it's not really a problem yet. However like BKU says, it hurts their karma, plus it also shows on the event log, so they'll be banned for it if an admin sees it.

EDIT: On the topic on grenades, does anyone agree it would be neat, and maybe make sense a discombobulater would disperse a smoke grenade? Anyway to do that?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 06:42:52 AM by Meta-Stick »

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 06:53:41 AM »

Yeah, what Rotinaj said.

I'll add a convar to disable grenade throwing because it's easy to do. However it will be set to off by default, servers can turn it on if they really want this.

strong>EDIT: On the topic on grenades, does anyone agree it would be neat, and maybe make sense a discombobulater would disperse a smoke grenade? Anyway to do that?

It would be neat, but from what I can tell it's not possible.

ooh, while i'm on the topic of possible changes, is it possible to change the stupid spawn location on italy, or would that require an entire map reworking?

That should be easy to fix, but you'll have to tell me which one it is (preferably a screenshot) and what's wrong with it.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 05:28:35 PM »

It would be neat, but from what I can tell it's not possible.

The discombobulator disperses fire from an incendiary, do they work that much differently?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 05:48:19 PM »

Yes. The smoke is made of particles, it's purely a graphical effect. Particles cannot be affected after the effects system takes control (which is immediately after their creation). This is why it's also difficult to make smoke block names and such.

Incendiary fire on the other hand consists of fire entities parented to physics entities. This is primarily to make them fly out of the nade in a realistic fashion, but has the nifty side effect of allowing the discombobulator to influence them via those physics entities.

Regarding spawn locations on cs_italy, I did a quick check and they seemed fine, so more info would be appreciated.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 06:28:37 PM »

I wouldn't mind said feature, atm we warn/ban people for random nade throwing. Throwing a nade pre-round can hurt quite a lot when you're stuck or if you simply are afk for a moment.
If it can hurt other innocents and you are an innocent, my advice is always to not do it.

Another thing I see people do is randomly shoot at people pre-round and then end up killing someone when the round starts, pretty annoying but I don't think disabling weapon fire pre round is a very good solution for that, meanly due to some maps requiring you to shoot stuff to get through.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Incendiaries « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length