Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:54:13 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Stalkers in Suspicious Suburbs - The TTT spinoff!
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stalkers in Suspicious Suburbs - The TTT spinoff!  (Read 7801 times)
Blitzy!
Poster

« on: March 27, 2010, 08:46:17 AM »

After a dull, pain-installing batch of hours trying to populate DNR's dull, pain-installing Server 2, the few players on at the time began to bore of attempting to play a standard game of TTT with just 5-6 people, and the admins were beginning to feel their pain. One by one, each player would lose his sanity and start flying on TVs, or begging to be jailed or mauled to death by an admin's hand.

It all started when I randomly cloaked the traitor in a bid to make things more exciting. Then I told him he could only use his crowbar. You could say it was "admin aboose that was destined to be."

The result soon after, was SSS (Stalkers in Suspicious Suburbs)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4fL7uOVGQk

Basically, it plays just like Hidden: Source. At the start of a round, all the traitors reveal themselves so an admin can then cloak them. The traitors have until the 12-minute-mark (1 minute of preperation time) to run away from the innocents and gather grenades, get to otherwise "difficult" innocent camping spots etc...

After the 12-minute-mark, the fun begins.

Traitors are cloaked, making them completely invisible.
It's advised that they buy a disguiser right off the bat, so their name is hidden too.
Traitors can only use their crowbar, grenades and all traitor weapons besides the silenced pistol.
They are not allowed to use guns.
Camping spots can be penetrated using a variety of methods. Poltergeists are now ideal, C4s are still deadly and incendiary grenades are bound to flush a few out.
Crossfire incidents are now commonly set-up by Stalkers. See two guys in a line? Go to the guy in front and crowbar his back. He'll spin around and shoot, hitting the guy behind if you get away in time.

The innocents will team up to find safety in numbers, often shooting randomly down chokepoints in attempt to find a stray Stalker. If you see blood, shoot again.
They will often HEAR a Stalker before they see it. Look out for footsteps and that "crowbar" sound

I'd like to thank Mahaugher for the video. Whilst I like his DNR patriotism, I'd like to note that I don't want to claim credit for this for myself since it's easy to say it's just a ripoff of Hidden: Source and other similar games. So you'll hear no complaints from me if you wish to host a server just like it. I'm currently in talks with a coder as we speak.

Finally, if you want to try this baby out for yourself, check out DNR's Server 2. In order to separate TTT from SSS, so newbies don't get confused and get the wrong impression of TTT, I've had to password-protect the server. This password is publicly available and can be retrieved from here.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 08:50:48 AM by Blitzy! »
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 03:56:14 PM »

Anybody who isn't a retard, and can aim, or is a decent player could win too easy with this. Fun idea though, i would play it, besides the fact your servers don't have karma. However I guess karma wouldn't matter if the traitors are invisible, because you shouldn't be shooting non-invisible people.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 03:59:13 PM by Meta-Stick »

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 07:16:58 PM »

Actually from playing around 15 people once.  It is still quite hard to actually to shoot them.  They come up from behind, crouch, whatever or jump on your head, hit it and run off.  Leaving everyone wasting their ammo.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
ibor10
Poster

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 08:23:50 PM »

It's much harder than you think Meta. Traitors commonly crowbar then run off to the side to avoid shotgun blasts, how can you shoot someone if you have no idea what direction they went in?
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 08:52:10 PM »

You might want to take a look at Stalker for GMOD. Its basically what you described.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqKk12j2R5Y

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 09:56:58 PM »

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=437791

www.dnr-gaming.com
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 11:17:16 PM »

Won't the disguised name pop up when you have the Xhair on them?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 11:27:53 PM »

Won't the disguised name pop up when you have the Xhair on them?

Last time I played the game, when someone disguised and you put your crosshair over them then nothing at all showed up.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 11:38:27 PM »

@ Firespray & ibor10

Sorry I wasn't specific, I meant it would be way too easy for traitors... I know I wouldn't lose, but that's me. Maybe i'm being full of myself.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 12:32:13 AM »

Anybody who isn't a retard, and can aim, or is a decent player could win too easy with this. Fun idea though, i would play it, besides the fact your servers don't have karma. However I guess karma wouldn't matter if the traitors are invisible, because you shouldn't be shooting non-invisible people.

Karma's not the 'be all and end all'. It's as if you're thinking a server that doesn't have Karma allows RDM. Different server hosts just have different ways of running things.
But as for aiming, it's not hard to aim a crowbar. Unless you mean the flare gun, which only has 4 shots each taking about a quarter total HP. Which is basically the equivalent of a knife. Only one kill. With this in mind...Aiming's not really required in this, no?
*shrug*

As for Stalker, indeed, it's another one of those similar games I was referring to. I know they're out there. But they all have their differences too. For starters, SSS has multiple Stalkers, plus the traitor weapons. The humans have the detective to help out, and there's a lot more of 'em compared to say, IRIS.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 12:37:22 AM by Blitzy! »
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 02:32:29 AM »

This is when the "I see a person in disguise!" really needs to be changed to "I see nobody."
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 02:12:56 AM »

Charles made an update so that doesnt work.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Stalkers in Suspicious Suburbs - The TTT spinoff! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length