Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:58:53 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Project] Operation Suburb - In Progress
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11
Author Topic: [Project] Operation Suburb - In Progress  (Read 213371 times)
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 04:43:31 PM »

Update # 1

Below are posted VERY EARLY WIP screenshots showing what the suburb will most likely look like in terms of HOUSE PLACEMENT.

In the First Image:

HIGHLIGHTED HOMES = Fully Explorable;   Designed by project members

NON-LIGHTED HOMES
= Not Explorable;    Only detailed on the outside.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Second Image:

This is the general OVERVIEW of what the suburb will most likely look like.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Updates to Come!
Come and JOIN the Project!
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 05:26:07 PM »

Looks way too big for TTT, or any game mode really. Even if you can compile it and run it, it looks like it would take 5 minutes just to cross the map.

I think just using this much:

is big enough. You could also spend a lot more time on detailing.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:28:05 PM by Ajunk »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 05:33:13 PM »

Looks way too big for TTT, or any game mode really. Even if you can compile it and run it, it looks like it would take 5 minutes just to cross the map.

I think just using this much:

is big enough. You could also spend a lot more time on detailing.

The Area you encompassed will be the only playable area for players to play in. The rest of it is to offer the illusion that they are in fact inside a suburban neighbourhood. I could also take anything outside the playable area and create a 3D skybox out of it. This
should take care of FPS issues , compiling time and some *other* awesome things I have in mind that I know this community will just love.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 05:50:49 PM »

Your use of bold is terrifying.

That said, anything outside of playable area should be skyboxed. You should try and figure out what natural boundaries will keep players inside the playing area.

Zanarias
Build Tester

"Who is this guy?"

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 07:51:36 PM »

link=topic=9608.msg365556#msg365556 date=1268843274]
Off topic but:

Zanarias is back!

:shh:

It'll probably be done by today or tomorrow. I have too much time on my hands and because of what it is it's pretty quick to make.

nice should we keep this secret for now?
Zanarias
Build Tester

"Who is this guy?"

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2010, 12:54:33 AM »

Brushwork complete. Keep in mind I'm not an idiot making the supports and stuff first, the house is just going to be "under construction" in game.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 01:03:42 AM by Zanarias »

goldendeed
Poster

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 12:58:59 AM »

Participant:  Goldendeed

"I am Hereby involved within this project and will not distribute the
provided development kit content without the authors (Silverstream's) permission."

haha i got some ref's now im good to go

Indeed
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2010, 01:24:30 AM »

Looks cool zanarias, but I should say that usually a building will have drywall up before they do any interior work ( I've worked as an on again off again general laborer in construction for a few years now) Can't wait to see what you do with that!

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Zanarias
Build Tester

"Who is this guy?"

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 01:31:32 AM »

Thanks, but I probably won't change it too much at this point. Even if that's how it's done, I find the current design interesting enough and unique as well, even if unrealistic. I'll keep that in mind for the future.  Sorry >_>.

eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 01:39:32 AM »

Thanks, but I probably won't change it too much at this point. Even if that's how it's done, I find the current design interesting enough and unique as well, even if unrealistic. I'll keep that in mind for the future.  Sorry >_>.

No need to apologize, I was just trying to provide constructive criticism. It still looks really cool.

CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 02:07:06 AM »

Bleh snip. I need to read more. It's just the bold parts kept me from reading any further.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 02:08:54 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Zeitlos Eisen
Poster

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 04:12:04 AM »

constructive criticism

hahhahhahaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm in. I'll start working on something tomorrow.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 04:28:07 AM »

A house that's being built? I love it.

C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 04:48:27 AM »

Haha, I love that Zanarias, nice work.
I'll probably start working on mine tonight. Excited to do this.

www.dnr-gaming.com
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 06:39:05 AM »

hahhahhahaaaaaaaaaaa

: C

Screw you too faglos.

Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 10:26:58 AM »

Updated First Post As of March 18th 2010 with Users Involved within this Project.

- Zanarias
- C.Mong
- goldendeed
- Zeitlos Eisen

Join the Project!
Everything is Provided for you!
- Textures
- Inspiration
- Development House .vmf

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:48:37 PM by Silverstream »
seventh
Poster

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 12:56:27 PM »

If u actually changed rule 2 and allowed for any other designs then suburbianhell i might be lightly more interested.
Iam an engineer en ill become an architect, ive had project to design homes that are different within a living area like this whatever u call obscene is unclear to me but it seems like a project that will leave very little original idears from people.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 12:59:47 PM »

Iam an engineer en ill become an architect
Sure you are, bud.

Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 02:47:23 PM »

If u actually changed rule 2 and allowed for any other designs then suburbianhell i might be lightly more interested.
Iam an engineer en ill become an architect, ive had project to design homes that are different within a living area like this whatever u call obscene is unclear to me but it seems like a project that will leave very little original idears from people.

Sorry Seventh, the rules are enforced to have players design homes similar in proportions to allow the completed neighborhood to become visually uniform. A much larger or much smaller house, even with odd textures will appear odd.

I've seen the maps you've created and from my stand point, it appears you put a great deal of effort into your creations. Why not spend a maximum of a week or so to build a suburban home similar to the one within the dev_house.vmf? In addition, I've made it easy for you. Not only is the brushwork accessible but the textures are as well.

On a side note: Your post is a run on sentence. I do believe a Bachelor of Engineering Graduate is quite capable of forming grammatically correct sentences, despite this being a forum thread.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 02:49:03 PM by Silverstream »
seventh
Poster

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 04:40:52 PM »

Its fine if u guys dont believe  me but one iam not from an english speaking country.
Two i actually am and engineer and am currently running internship at a bureau, in two yeas time i will be an achitect. Three iam dyslectic not unlike a hand full of famous architects.
Four building a real home or building is very different then mapping let alone autocad and hammer.
Five if u still feel think iam wrong based on whatever Ajunk thinks or on my use of grammar fine but dont let your jealousy shine through so clearly, it makes it very clear to me that you failed in what u wanted out of life.

Maybe Ajunk if u used the time u did to make 12847 posts, u could have made something of yourself atleast if u had the IQ.

I wont challenge u any further in a pissing contest or go compare IQs, i see its a mistake to lets some ppl know anything about ones personal life, in short believe whatever u want just know that u have some personal problems u take out on others.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:45:01 PM by seventh »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Project] Operation Suburb - In Progress « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length